Latest waste of money....

S

sad_mung

I just got 3000 Classic Sinclair Spectrum games. I thought it would be nice to reminisce.

Jesus there's about 2999.5 shit games on there.

What's your latest waste of money?

J

Jonaldo

Does it have Attic Attack, Robocop, Jetpac, Psssst Ant Attack, Head over Heels, Jet Set Willy?

um Will try and think of others.

Haven't really wasted that much money really recently as I've not had a lot to waste. Probably last money I wasted would be the last time I bought a kebab when pissed for about £5 or something even tho I know I won't be able to eat it all nor would I want to eat it all. Then go to bed straight after and it all just turns to blubber.

(no more kebab after beer for me!) (till next time)

L

L_Plates

600 quid on a fire we dont use :(

Looks nice though :D

D

Damini

Darkened Skye for the dreamcast. So appallingly bad that we ran back to the shop the next day and demanded the exchange it IMMEDIATELY.

See, she's like this sassy american chick, and like she totally needs to collect these little small gems that are inscribed with an S and look amazingly like Skittles and then SHE CAN TASTE THE RAINBOW.

*STAB*

T

throdgrain

I bought Halo on sunday. Bet I dont play it.

T

throdgrain

I meant, not often enough to really PLAY it, if you see what I mean.
Straight to multiplayer, run around a few maps, get wild fps lag, stop.

A

Ash!

40 notes on the Logitech MX700 mouse. Gone through three of the little rodents in the last week and the cursor is all over the screen. Apparently I have too much electrical stuff near it. Cant get a full refund for it either

T

Testin da Cable

I bought a phillips portable mp3 player called "Rush" two years ago. I'm about to throw it away.

L

leggy

this week:

£200 on car parts
£400 on insurance
£90 for 6 months tax
£40 on MOT
£45 on sale trousers that are too big
£20 to hire a van for a day that I didnt use becuase I was sick
50p on a packet of lemon puffs that went soft.

I am skint as a bastard now. :/

C

Chameleon

Originally posted by throdgrain
Same. I have a stack of 8 games now that I bought in the last year or so and I played each of them about once! Damn q3 and hl for spoiling us!

My latest waste of money however was also on a logitech mx700. It's a nice mouse, but it isnt that accurate/responsive and you cant bind the additional buttons in q3, which kinda makes it completely useless!!!!

M

~Mobius~

£80 importing Starwars Galaxies then selling it to a mate for £20 a week later. :(

S

scooby-doo

Originally posted by throdgrain

only cos your zx81 has trouble playing it m8 :)

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Chameleon
Same. I have a stack of 8 games now that I bought in the last year or so and I played each of them about once! Damn q3 and hl for spoiling us!

My latest waste of money however was also on a logitech mx700. It's a nice mouse, but it isnt that accurate/responsive and you cant bind the additional buttons in q3, which kinda makes it completely useless!!!!

Sure?

Found the same problem on CS but managed to work round it.

F

Farsight

£140 on a new vacuum cleaner as the old one was broke.

It just wouldnt do anything at all when you pressed the on button, so I checked the fuses in the plug, plugged it back into the extension lead socket, tried to switch it on again and then decided that it was kaput, so I put it out in the back garden in the rain and trotted off to Currys for a new one.

Got back with a brand spanking new one, switched it on and...nothing.
I was just about to take it back, when I happened to notice that the extension lead wasnt plugged into the wall.

And the old one was ruined by being out in the rain. :rolleyes:

K

kameleon

Originally posted by Farsight
£140 on a new vacuum cleaner as the old one was broke.

It just wouldnt do anything at all when you pressed the on button, so I checked the fuses in the plug, plugged it back into the extension lead socket, tried to switch it on again and then decided that it was kaput, so I put it out in the back garden in the rain and trotted off to Currys for a new one.

Got back with a brand spanking new one, switched it on and...nothing.
I was just about to take it back, when I happened to notice that the extension lead wasnt plugged into the wall.

And the old one was ruined by being out in the rain. :rolleyes:

Change your nick to shortsighted

S

sad_mung

Yes it has all those old games mentioned, plus lots of odd foriegn ones, and some utilities like word processors and graphics progs.

I haven't been through them all, i'm sort of picking at it. I am at work you know.....although I'm full of cold so I can justify my immobility and lack of interest in anything going on in the office.
The occassional sniff, blow nose or cough keeps them aware that I'm sick.

R

Recoil101

Biggest waste of money?

ummm my PS2, network adaptor, 5 games.... I played the beta of Destruction Derby twice.... and thats about it.

Paying for my 2 EQ accounts for 4 years and then deleting them..

C

Chameleon

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~
Sure?
Found the same problem on CS but managed to work round it.
Yeah, pretty much. It misses movements of the mouse that I really wish it wouldnt. If I could over look this ...... changing 2 main wep binds in q3 after 3 years of the same .cfg is really really difficult to get used to. Atm I'm considering a comms bind, "excuse me, mind if we stop a moment while I contort to switch to RL" ;)

L

~Lazarus~

you know that you can change the mouse keys to keystrokes.

If you changed that and made it the same keystroke as your main wep binds you;re problem would be solved ...no?

C

Chameleon

If only that were the case! On the face of things it does work that way, as my old ms optical did, but what actually happens is that once in the game, it forgets everything you've assigned the keys to do! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom