Latest Warhammer Preview

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Jeremiah said:
IIRC, Mythic will be running the Euro servers as well (and opening up an office in Europe too!). Must admit tho, my memory is rather hazy, I might have just read it on another thread :D

are GoA involved? :E

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I thought so, there are 3 sides ...

"Warhammer Online is going to have 33 zones at launch (11 per side). From the maps it looked like most of them had active pvp areas although they are some safe places too. Since I'm a lazy bastard, here's the company line on it:

Upon entering WAR, players must determine their allegiance and join an Army. Those inclined towards the side of good may fight for the Armies of Order as an obstinate Dwarf, noble High Elf, or loyal human soldier of the Empire. Those inclined towards darker deeds may side with the sinister Armies of Destruction as a savage Greenskin (Orc or Goblin), corrupt Dark Elf, or marauding human worshipper of Chaos.
RvR combat takes place on three fronts where ancient foes wage an unending war - Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, High Elf vs. Dark Elf, and Empire vs. Chaos. Players begin the game fighting their ancestral enemy, but are free to journey to other fronts to help their allies in their ongoing struggles.

The ultimate goal in RvR combat is the sacking of an enemy's capital city. To do this, an army must invade and take control of the opposition's homeland. Deciding battles take place on objective-based battlefields and in instanced scenarios - point-balanced battles that make use of NPC mercenaries known as Dogs of War.

Again, Warhammer Online is geared towards pvp. Evercamp this is not. They've just announced two sides, but knowing Mythic it'll be a three realm war. Hence the whole 33 zone with 11 per side thing. Look for the official announcement at the German games convention this Fall."

33/11 = 3 :)

We all know that the 3 way fighting of DAOC is the secret to good RVR. I don't believe a 3rd side can be added at a later date, since it would but that 3rd side at a significant disadvantage in terms of numbers.

If I remember an earliy interview .. Empire vs Dark Elf/Greenskins Vs Chaos

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, sadly its only 2 way fight. Order vs Evil. there are 3 battlefields though, elves vs dark brothers, empire vs chaos and dwarves vs greenskins. each of battlefield consists of 11 zones you are mentioning. This is rather fixed already and not gonna be changed.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Serdan said:
Well, sadly its only 2 way fight. Order vs Evil. there are 3 battlefields though, elves vs dark brothers, empire vs chaos and dwarves vs greenskins. each of battlefield consists of 11 zones you are mentioning. This is rather fixed already and not gonna be changed.

Bad move there

The thing which makes DAOC RvR thrilling is the 3 sides fights. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom