[Latency problem] You can help us track it down.

K

kemor

Hiyas folks & ladies,

For about a week or so, some of you have been reporting an increase amount of latency (not graphical lag, internet lag) when connecting to our servers. I checked with our network admins and, in order to check this efficiently, we decided to select a pool of players and to track the problem with them.
To select the pool of players we'll be using, I'd need the ones of you with latency problems to email me at kemor@goa.com, using the header [LATENCY PROBLEM] and to include the following information in the mail (Please respect the format, easier to check):

- What is your main character's name?
- When did the connection problems start?
- Do you have connection problems every time you play?
- What ISP you are using?
- In which country do you live?

Please note that you will not get an answer unless you are selected. If you are selected, I will contact you back, asking for more detailed information, tracerts, etc.
If you do not want me to harass you with questions, no need to email me :)

Hopefully this will help us track down the problem...

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

~bumpski~

Hope this solves the problem for some people.

G

Galewyr Dark

does the fact that when playing DAoC on my router the line dies after ~20 mins, but on my Terminal Adapter it doesn't consitute an interesting problem?

Note: I can play other games..half life IGI2 etc on my router fine just not daoc :(

/me wanders off to do some 'maintenance' on the router...with an axe

O

old.Glendower

The majority of the traceroutes I do show higher latency on France Telecom's equipment. Your servers show anywhere from the low 300's to 550+ ping rate

Good luck getting FT to do anything.

K

Khalen

I don't have constant latency lag just some rare days... but then again my isp finds it logic I get routed from NL to UK to US and then to France ;) Real funny why would someone route someone half the globe to make a connection to a country that's like within 500 Kilometers ;)

K

katt!

i almost never ld. think ive lded once in a month or smth. i do have periods of 2-3sec lag though :/

S

Strabo

Character Name: Strabo
Server: Excal
Problems Started: Friday night.
Frequency: Every night, every 30 minutes or so.
ISP: Firstnet

I keep going LD, but when I get booted back to desktop, I can still ping the server (193.252.123.33).

Resinstalled SI
Disabled Nortons AV (As on Camelot Herald Support)
Set network card to 10Mb Half Duplex (As on Camelot Herald Support)

G

Gerta Ugbash

Info on the way Kemor

Reassuring that someone is looking into it now :great:

H

hardasnails

Logged into game now and all seems well so far, no losses on traces either :)
Hope it lasts
Well done to those who sorted it
See you guys in game :D

\o/ \o/ \o/

T

tanoin

same here, just tired it this morning and it seems fine, i don't know what's happened but grats to who ever fixed it!!

/em plays one-handed coz he's got his fingers crossed

B

Brannor McThife

It r GOA fualt!!!111
Always ther fault!!!111
F**k GOA!!11

:D

Sorry. Didn't see anyone whining, thought I'd do it, even though I don't play anymore.

<hides from K.>

-G

D

darbey

Since NTL rerouted our area connection through different routers it appears to have resolved our lag problem , certainly users on NTL in North East.

C

Cadire

Glad it seems to be sorted. I'll unstick this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom