Last Of Us

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just hit the save bug that I've seen going around the internet, auto save glitches out and you can't manual save either because it is greyed out while auto save is working.

Just loaded up game again and I'm almost at the beginning of the game again, well annoyed reviews obviously ignored it, not really much point playing it until the bug is fixed.

Not my GOTY now, I can accept the hideous loading times from starting the game from PlayStation home screen to actually playing the game is around 3-4min.

A great game ruined by a game breaking bug unless you keep your PS3 on when you want to take a break or go to bed.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You're probably best off waiting until the year ends before you crow on about GOTY.

This year you've already said Bioshock Infinite was definitely GOTY.

You also claimed DayZ could be GOTY.

Then claimed this was GOTY, only to retract.

Bit eager?

Aada

Part of the furniture
You're probably best off waiting until the year ends before you crow on about GOTY.

This year you've already said Bioshock Infinite was definitely GOTY.

You also claimed DayZ could be GOTY.

Then claimed this was GOTY, only to retract.

Bit eager?

I have a better idea, instead of using the search function to find out what I have posted why don't you run round and see if you can find out anything about your crusade against Network Rail being utter utter cunts?

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I have a better idea, instead of using the search function to find out what I have posted why don't you run round and see if you can find out anything about your crusade against Network Rail being utter utter cunts?

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Laughing at your own retort? That's just embarrassing for you.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Naughty Dog say they have fixwd the problem according to I.G.N

Deepfried

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I saw someone saying the games scenes are better than some movies and definitely better than other games, and that the 10/10 reviews don't give it justice :eek: guess this will be one of the first to download from the PSN on ps4 then :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah all sorted :) for back to where I left off, story gets better and better.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Loving the development of the relationship between Joel and Ellie as time goes by.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Glad someone else got annoyed with them!
Means the game isn't too easy though, which is nice.

Have to say the acting/story/cut scenes are absolutely superb, sometimes i'm almost disappointed when they end and I have to start playing :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
70% done and the game is just brilliant the gameplay is great but its the cut scenes that you really long for to see Joel and Ellie bond.

Puts most movies to shame the voice acting is superb.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
i'm all excited, the wife decided to order me a copy off amazon an hour ago as i've spent the last few days raving about it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still pissed off its on the PS3, mate came over with a bunch of PS3 titles. Played a bit of Max Payne 3 and Uncharted.

Control pads can die in a fire, such an idiotic control method!

Still...going to buy it later in the week, wife is away at her mums this weekend so I can use the TV for a bit!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Finished it last night, loved it from start to finish.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Still pissed off its on the PS3, mate came over with a bunch of PS3 titles. Played a bit of Max Payne 3 and Uncharted.

Control pads can die in a fire, such an idiotic control method!

Still...going to buy it later in the week, wife is away at her mums this weekend so I can use the TV for a bit!

Couldn't agree more, it's the only thing really putting me off getting a PS4. I absolutely loathe the idiotic way the controllers are laid out. It's so backward. From a brief glance there's plenty of alternative layout 3rd party controllers for the PS3 though, so I'd imagine there will be the same for PS4.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's the whole pad thing that I don't like, regardless of console. I am so used to mouse/keyboard now that anything else just feels backward. The last time I played a console seriously was early PS2 days.

I find them OK for driving games and the odd RPG but having to use both sticks, plus digital directions, plus buttons and shoulder buttons is a nightmare. Stuff that can be done seemingly with ease on k/m. I am sure with enough practise I will get the hand of it but I would rather play a game such as Last of Us after I master the control pad...maybe I should get some cheap second hand games to get used to it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's the whole pad thing that I don't like, regardless of console. I am so used to mouse/keyboard now that anything else just feels backward. The last time I played a console seriously was early PS2 days.

I find them OK for driving games and the odd RPG but having to use both sticks, plus digital directions, plus buttons and shoulder buttons is a nightmare. Stuff that can be done seemingly with ease on k/m. I am sure with enough practise I will get the hand of it but I would rather play a game such as Last of Us after I master the control pad...maybe I should get some cheap second hand games to get used to it.

Honestly its not hard to play games with a control pad specifically games like The Last of Us I couldn't imagine playing with a mouse and keyboard.

Its like PC players playing Fifa with a mouse and keyboard, wtf??

Spend a few hours with a control pad and you will be fine.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Only 29% of the way through so far, been taking it slow and taking in all the scenery.

Absolutely breathtaking so far, I really got turned off by all the hype and went in thinking it would never match up but, so far, I have to say its pretty stunning. Only gripe is I haven't shot anything on a console in so long that I can't aim at all :(

However, not so much of a problem when you can BRICK CLICKERS! :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Finished it, hated the ending. Parts of the game were superb, others were getting repetitive imo.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Breathtaking isn't the word. the game is simply beyond anything that has come before.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Enjoying it quite a lot but still frustrated by the controls. The acting is superb and the sidekicks don't get in the way all the time. Graphics are certainly showing their age, some terrible textures at times and then other parts look amazing!

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
that looks like tat :(

tbh not sure what the issue is with controller use in the last of us... i'm the world's most vocal ps3-controller-hater but it works fine for this game. obviously an xbox control pad would be better but still. i did incidentally see an xbox rip-off ps3 controller somewhere last week that actually looked quite well made so i might check it out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Getting used to it now, was a bit of an epiphany moment where I realised the controls were no longer spoiling the game!

This game is incredible, by far the best console game I have played in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom