Laser Eye Surgery

Nate

FH is my second home
Anyone here had it done? How'd it go, where did you go and are you happy with the results?

I'm looking at getting it done in the next couple of weeks, I hear moorfields is one of the best places to go.

Nate

FH is my second home
Also did you have to book far in advance and get checkups afterwards?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
My dad had it in order to get rid of some cataracts. It went smoothly, was quick and after a couple of days he was claiming he had better vision that he ever had done, even before they started to develop. This was a few years ago now, no other problems since.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Had it done ~2.5 years ago, one of the best things I've done. Was at the Aston Academy of Life Sciences (now seems to be called Optegra).

It went amazingly well. I was incredibly nervous on the day, and apparently was very pale when I came out of the room, so pale that the staff were concerned I was going to be sick. :( The one thing which got to me during the procedure was the burning smell which was quite foul, and I was shaking a little bit until I was reassured by the surgeon doing it.

My entire experience was relatively pain free. The only real agony I had was 2 days afterwards waking up as my eyes were incredibly dry, however the eye drops soon sorted that out.

Just make sure you've got a decent pair of sunglasses ready to use afterwards, as your eyes will be far more sensitive and need protecting. Also take a week off work, whilst I'm sure there are stories about people going back to work the next day - it's probably better to rest your eyes as much as possible (keeping them closed). It also took me about a week to be able to focus/concentrate on anything.

There are risks involved, so make sure you look at the pros and cons of the procedure carefully. Also make sure you're mentally prepared for it!

Nate

FH is my second home
Cheers guys, G. Did you have to book a while in advance and get checkups afterwards?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Did it about six years ago - highly recommended. Had a check up six months after but that's all. Eyesight is still fine.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Cheers guys, G. Did you have to book a while in advance and get checkups afterwards?

Booked about a month in advance, had it done after going on holiday, couldn't really have it done before incase there were any problems and my eyes wouldn't have fully healed anyway. No idea how long the waiting list was for it, but I probably could've had it done a bit sooner. Just phone up the place and ask about it.

Had checkups the following day, a week later, 1/3/6 months later I think - can't quite remember.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Had mine done 4.5 years ago now, best money I ever spent, wasn't cheap because I took the much more accurate Wavefront option but it was worth every penny to be rid of glasses and have 20:20 vision again.

Nate

FH is my second home
Booked myself to see Dr. Ionides on Monday :) If all goes to plan surgery on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom