News large scale torrent monitoring

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Moriath, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19474829

but what use is it really ... too much data gathered and they dont really know what to do with it. And it seems they only id you connect with a torrent client nothing else

Maybe

2. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

Wouldn't peer block type apps / private browsing / sandbox browser / proxie server get around that?

3. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

As far as I know yes.

Otherwise there would be far too much data for them to analyse properly. They can't realistically sue millions of people.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

They're fighting against the tide. Torrents make media piss easy to obtain. Don't try to shut down the competition, just produce something better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

i pay for usenet atm, unmonitored as far as i know, barely use it these days but it doesnt cost much. Would happily pay more for a legitimate service it was anywhere near as good in any way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Access Denied

Access Denied It was like that when I got here...

uTorrent has the built in option to encypt traffic anyway. It's how I get around BT's p2p throttling. They will never eradicate pirating because there will always be a way around any tracking and monitoring.