laptop volume

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Anyone know of any good sites that have volume boosters for laptops?

My laptop is deadly quiet and needs boosting

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Get some speakers? :p

I hate the lack of bass on laptops :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
dont really want to be lugging more stuff in my bag thats the problem suppose should just use my PC for listening to music

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
Anyone know of any good sites that have volume boosters for laptops?

My laptop is deadly quiet and needs boosting
Get bloody headphones...
there's nothing more annoying than having to listen to somebody else's crappy music on crappy laptopspeakers when you're trying to do some work.

Creative HS-300, good cheap headset with mike, should you want to do some internet chatting.
or the HS-400 with detachable microphone.
If you want to spend a bit more for higher audio quality, get some Sennheiser's like the PC 165 or PC 145

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
at the risk of this turning childlike you have no idea where or when i will use the music so to assume i am one of those cocks on the bus/train who listen to their music loud and annoy everyone is quite simply rude sir

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
at the risk of this turning childlike you have no idea where or when i will use the music so to assume i am one of those cocks on the bus/train who listen to their music loud and annoy everyone is quite simply rude sir
You're quite right with that, and I'm sorry if I presume the wrong thing... but in my experience when I'm trying to work at school there are as many tunes playing as there are laptops turned on, and that's quite annoying so I'm perhaps a bit jumpy when "laptop" and "volume" is in thesame sentence :)
(but still, those headsets are pretty fine :))

and most times it's not the volume needing boosting in some weird way, but the volume just needs to be turned up. There are like a dozen ways in windows to turn down the volume, and although most are linked, some are not and if one is turned down, it doesn't matter how far you try to turn the other(s) up but you'll never get its full volume.
Go to the sound and audio devices item in the control panel, and click the speaker volume button. Turn both sliders all the way to the right and press OK.
Select the Audio tab and click the Volume button in the Sound playback section.
Go to Options >> Properties and in the white area labelled Show the following volume controls select all. Press OK
Turn up all the sliders except volume control. Play some audio file and turn up the volume control.

Then besides these settings there are also the sound volume settings in the audio/video player, and volume settings in audiodrivers (usually also accessible thru the Control Panel.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah tried all that but no luck

Oh well looks like its ipod round 2 with quiet music hehe

ANd yeah i hate thos kids on buses that do the same such a pain

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Headphones for on the move & Speakers for home, its the only way!!!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Get some speakers? :p

I hate the lack of bass on laptops :(

Buy a decent laptop :p

My Mitac has 2.1, and my newer mitac has 5.1 (Tho its obviously not surround sound)

90% of laptops use shitty tinny microscopic(Not literally) speakers :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
ok well i will always admit when i have been a complete dickhead

After turning up everything to max it was still really quiet. Was totally stumped by it

Well get 30 secs ago when i was putting a CD in i couldnt help but notice there is a volume controll next to the disk drive on the side of the lappy

Well the volume is fine now

I am officially an idiot

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
I am officially an idiot

Methinks a Mod needs to givf you a custom title!!!

~edit~

I always had you pegged as being a bloke as well - bloke know stuff like fiddling with all the knobs n dials and hitting stuff - women don't..

Will let you off if you have le boobies!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol i think i deserve it tbh. To make matters worse i actually work in IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom