laptop screen turning pink

- English -

Resident Freddy
It keeps turning pink and flickers. I can move it around a little bit, ie take pressure off the bottom and it goes normal but as soon as i touch it, its turning pink again (well 90% of the pixels). Its mostly just under the were mouse sensor pad is and to the left under the fan. Im assuming its a connector problem, maybe to my graphics card or onboard card. Although it may also be a heat problem as it nly happens after its been on for 5-10mins +.

Its quite an old laptop so im aware its dying, is there anything you can suggest to prolong the life?;P i havent taken a laptop apart yet so that might not be a good idea,.

Kryten

Old Cow.
That's likely to be your only choice, although it will depend on the laptop how easy/difficult it is.

The connection will likely be as close to the back of the laptop as the screen is, so it's possible all you need to remove is keyboard or the bezel. It's normally the ribbon cable that goes, gets dislodged or gets a little bit of dirt in causing a short or similar.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like the connector may loose, or a cooling issue.

Had a similar problem with my mum's laptop, and the prices places were charging to even look at it (£100), made replacing it a much better idea. Amazing!

- English -

Resident Freddy
I think it maybe a heat issue more than connector, although it could be both. I do abuse it tbh, leaving it on the duvet etc so it does get quite warm ;p

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
try it on an external monitor, that will rule out it being the graphics chip itself. other than that, yeah reseating the cable at the board and back of screen if possible.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
A graphic card failing usually gives broken vertical lines or speckling, followed some time later by an outright blank screen. My guess would be the connector as well.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Clearly too much ghey pr0n, you should back up and format to remove lots of the ghey.

If you need help, PM TdC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom