Laptop question

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well well well. I sniffed around about this 1gig RAM offer, phoned the number on the laptopsdirect website. An answering message directed me to this page:

Lenovo - Legal Footnotes - UK

Which seems to suggest that I'm ineligible for the free memory since I bought it in May. Which directly contradicts the large type emblazoned on the laptopsdirect page I linked on page 2.

Lenovo 3000 N200 0769 TY2BWUK From Laptops Direct

So I've left a message on their customer services line. Hopefully there won't be a problem, but if anyone tries telling me I can't have my free RAM I think I'll start kicking up a bit of a fuss.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Well after following that discussion, was the laptop worth indulging in? can it handle games on lowest settings?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So far I've tried Wow (I know I know, I have aids of the soul). That runs at about 25-30fps on lowest, and not much slower on the highest (oddly enough).

C&C Generals on max, NFS Underground 2 on min, urm - that's about it so far. Either way, it's a cracking good laptop. Well worth it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I want to buy a card reader (SD, CF, etc) for this. Can I just buy any one of them that is an 'express card' device?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Tom

There are x-in-1 card readers made for the ExpressCard port, but to be honest most readers are USB-based. Either way you'll have to carry around the reader separately, so I'd recommend a USB one as a) they're cheaper and you'll have more choice, and b) you can use it on any laptop or PC wherever you are, whereas ExpressCard is normally only found on modern laptops.

Kind regards

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It does have an inbuilt card reader for most types of cards Tom, the one thing it doesn't do is CF. Beyond that, I agree with Jonty. Just get yourself a USB card reader, they're like 5-10 quid at most.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
wheeeeee just bought a HP2133 o0

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ah I figured out how to use the card reader, you need adaptor thingies to make the small cards big.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The last conversation I had they said they would sort it by the end of the month. That was in late May, so I'm presuming end of June.

I will contact them the last working day of June, no memory = stiff letter.

I will also consider contacting my credit card company and cancelling the transaction - I'm not sure I can do this so late but they have not delivered what I bought.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well the cheeky fuckers are ignoring me now, so its off to Trading Standards to see what's what.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
On the one hand, I'd say the ram chip is worth about 15 quid so get over it. However, I do agree that there's the principle of the thing to be concerned with, so kick their collective arses Tom :)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Principle all the way, take em for everything Tom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom