Laptop not booting

Lethul

FH is my second home
I was playing some WoT yesterday and had constants laggspikes. I noticed that even when pinging my router produced pingspikes.

I googled the problem and it seems the network card produces spikes when searching for new networks.

The fix I found only was to add ScanningWhenAssocisated = 0 in regedit for the network card. After restarting the computer it does not boot. I then restored to a previous restore point but the computer still does not boot, which makes me a bit puzzled! I can however boot it in failsafe.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
By 'does not boot', what do you mean exactly?

A thing that springs to mind is starting it up normally and letting it fail. Then start up in safe mode and have a look at your event log viewer for failures.

Lethul

FH is my second home
By 'does not boot', what do you mean exactly?

A thing that springs to mind is starting it up normally and letting it fail. Then start up in safe mode and have a look at your event log viewer for failures.

I'll check the event logs and see if there is anything tonight.

I press the start button, I get a screen which says Lenovo which after a while goes black and nothing more happends.

TdC

hmmm I get that sometimes on my main comp. because windows 10 I guess.
I've noticed that if I go through the normal ' login ritual' sometimes the screen comes back to life. May be worth a try?

Lethul

FH is my second home
hmmm I get that sometimes on my main comp. because windows 10 I guess.
I've noticed that if I go through the normal ' login ritual' sometimes the screen comes back to life. May be worth a try?

Normal logi ritual? With start button i meant power button. I dont reach any login screens at all

TdC

you don't see it, but it might be there. just turn the thing on, wait a bit, and if win10 like me, press space and then your password. sometimes my screen turns on but stays black, if you follow me, and if I wait a bit (screen still black) and then try to log in as normal it suddenly decides to give me a desktop. I go through the motions without being able to see anything.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Hmm, if I uninstall network card drivers it boots. But they get automatically installed again which will make the next boot fail. I guess the card is borked

TdC

meeeeh! that sucks! is it a replaceable part on your lappy?

Lethul

FH is my second home
meeeeh! that sucks! is it a replaceable part on your lappy?

It is still under guarantee so ill send it to a service point.

It is strange cause it works when in windows, its the booting that is the problem!

TdC

very odd indeed dude. hope stuff gets sorted asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom