Laptop for 16 year old

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Literally have no idea when it comes to laptops, been on ebuyer but can't tell what's good and what's poop. She'll only play basic games and mostly use it for writing and the internets, can anyone suggest one between £2-300?

Pls thx

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
To get a decent one I would up your price to around 500. The processors in the 300 ish lappies are usually pants

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
www.laptopsdirect.co.uk

And yeah, 200 quid on a laptop is going to get you something not much more powerful than a tablet (though it'll be much more useful tbh).

"Basic games"? Depends on what you mean by that tbh. But if there's any 3d shenanegans going on Moriath is in the right ballpark - and you want something with a dedicated gfx chip, not built into the processor...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I would go for an i3 over an amd in a laptop. To first one will be ok for interweb twatter and faceblock. And flash games and such. Anything more intensive than angry birds and you might be struggling

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd go for the i3 based Toshiba there but be careful, that price is if you chuck them your old laptop.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
if she "goes through phones constantly" why the fuck would you give her a laptop ? Oo

make her learn to look after her stuff ? :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If she's prone to break stuff, why don't you splash out a couple more hundred quid. Get a better spec, but with more protection, bullet proof screens etc.

That way so long as she doesn't get into more intensive gaming she won't need a new one for a few years? Rather than buying this and it breaking, it just seems to me that you're buying this as a replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom