Lanzone Preston

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

Anyone interested in a lan event for teams/single players or anyone in the Preston area? Lanzone - a LAN cafe in Preston are organising a LAN Event available to around 20 people and for anyone who would like to bring their computer down for the weekend of the 16th March.

Now I know its short notice but as the likes of iggy from icf and Rephlex and Derfel of GZD can back me up on its always a quality night. Play as much or a little as you like for the sum of £25 for the entire day!

Bookings can be made at www.lanzone.ltd.uk if you cannot make it for that particular weekend, and an arrangement can be made on price depending on what you would like to do.

If you are interested, come on down its a good laugh and beer is compulsory!!! Unless you are a mormon or something along those lines...

Cheers
Cyrus

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by [q3p]Cyrus
Play as much or a little as you like for the sum of £25 for the entire day!s

That's damn expensive for a day... some lans (www.shotgunlan.com) are like £15 for a whole weekend...

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

Does that place have drinks on site and a free breakfast in the morning...

I think not...

Anyway, if you go there then it will get even cheaper...

Cheers
Cyrus

K

*Kornholio*

Does that place have drinks on site and a free breakfast in the morning...

I'm not 100% sure about Shotgunlan, but Roweb lans usually do, and they're normally around the £35 mark for a whole weekend... your £25 for a day is taking the piss m8... especially when you're mainly catering for the tight-fisted northern lot... Besides, having drinks on site is normally more of a pain than a blessing coz you've gotta buy their (over-priced) stuff & they moan if you bring your own... I would seriously advise you to re-think your pricing strategy...

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

Hey Im just trying to do a favour for my local. I have done the all-nighter quite a few times and I think it is reasonable for the amount of pleasure I get out of it...

Since you aren't willing to pay that then it must be you thats tight-fisted not the people who do it @ LANZONE and btw it would cost me money to get to those other places and as far as im concerned the £25 inc. brekkie does me fine.

As well as this the entire weekend price is £35 (Weekend Constituting Saturday morning to Sunday night - I think) so this Roweb place is the same. Besides depending on the amount of people planning to come, the price changes.

Drinks aren't that expensive - normally cheaper than you can get them for in a shop, 60p for a bottle of Coke I think but no more than 70p which is the regular price in this 'tight-fisted' area... But if you want to bring your own drink/food or buy in from the local McDonalds/PizzaHut thats fine as they don't mind as long as you don't eat or drink near the computers...

No score draw. Honours Even, all works out fine. I agree that more established LAN places will have cheaper prices like that shotgun place, but I don't go there I go to LANZONE because I know the people there and its also close.

The point is I am trying to advertise a place not get it picked apart by people who think their local lan is better...

Cheers
Cyrus

K

*Kornholio*

Weekend Constituting Saturday morning to Sunday night - I think
- wrong - friday to sunday

The point is I am trying to advertise a place not get it picked apart by people who think their local lan is better...

Neither shotgunlan or roweb are local to me, but I am prepared to travel to them because I get a good amount of gaming time in for the price I pay... I have recently travelled up to Fleetwood to attend LanRage (from down south) and would do it again if the duration and the amount of £££'s was right...

As for picking anything apart - wrong, I was just trying to give you a little friendly advice, but it seems like your attitude is yet another reason not to go to your lan...

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

how many times do I have to say it - its not my lan!

I am trying to help out some friends. Your advice may be friendly but you aren't and as for the amount of gaming time for the price you pay - is 48 hours not good enough for £35??

Cheers
Cyrus

K

*Kornholio*

I tried being friendly - you got stroppy... suits me...

now, try comparing £25 for 1 day to £35 for 3 days... then start thinking about broadband costs & how many peeps moan that they can't afford cable / adsl... you'll see what I'm trying to get across into your thick neanderthal-like skull...

O

old.iguanameenie

lanzone

Aye, i have been to lanzone. It was a good time yeah, comfortable surroundings etc, and lots of pubs close :)

The price obviously includes the use of their computers and the fact that they have an adsl web connection (which was useful when we used it to download maps that we had forgotton to master to a CDR)

Howie who owns the place is mad tho and forced us to watch clangers videos if u wanted a break in their foyer

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

your £25 for a day is taking the piss m8

catering for the tight-fisted northern lot

Oh yea - you were tremendously friendly and that last post takes the biscuit.

When you finally remove your head from your arse and realise I was trying to do a bit of advertising for a friends business that is going through a difficult time and you go ahead and advertise something better, then maybe, just maybe you'll understand why im getting a little annoyed...

As for the 'neanderthal-like skull' jibe, I should come back with a witty riposte... but no - decided you aren't worth it.

P.S. Thanx iggy at least someone appreciates what I was trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom