Lamb of God - Wall of Death

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not usually one to post Youtube stuff, but I watched this and was absolutely fucking gobsmacked.

You only need to watch it until about 1 minute in, but its fucking awesome!

YouTube - Wall of Death

leviathane

Part of the furniture
love it, can do it at a concert but when you try in streets you get arrested xD

Mey

Part of the furniture
Looked kind of cool but like alot of thing's i rarely "mosh" these day's kinda pointless.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Oh I agree its completely pointless, but just the fucking carnage!

Brings to mind some kind of barbarian battle!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
its a shame they cant sing for sh*t

Actually they can, for their genre that is. Sure it's no opera, but I wouldn't like Petro Fetucilli singing "Massacre the Little One with A Garden Rake!" either.

"Singing" like that is underrated honestly.

About moshing, never did get the idea much, or do it, it's a great headrush but that's about it. Endorfines and all that. But these days i do it for laughs at the table.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Moshing = non committal gay fighting with a get out clause.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you were a Lamb of God, and you were happy just eating grass, frollicking around the meadow, and making "baa" noises all day, the best advice would be to avoid the Wall of Death.

That's free advice. A lawyer would charge you $500. FH is here to help.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Actually they can, for their genre that is. Sure it's no opera, but I wouldn't like Petro Fetucilli singing "Massacre the Little One with A Garden Rake!" either.

"Singing" like that is underrated honestly.

About moshing, never did get the idea much, or do it, it's a great headrush but that's about it. Endorfines and all that. But these days i do it for laughs at the table.

its not singing, its screaming down the mic.. Ive never heard any of their music before, before i can imagine even in a studio they are still screaming. Singing is about the voice imo, not about the sound they make.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Can't speak for other bands right now, but its impossible to listen to Metallica and not mosh. Doesn't matter what length your hair is. Metallica spawned the term "mosh pit" - for good reason. Why do you think all Metallica fans over 50 have permanent neck braces ?

:D

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Remeber seeing them live and they were fking awsome

cant see the link tho cos at collage :<

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
its not singing, its screaming down the mic.. Ive never heard any of their music before, before i can imagine even in a studio they are still screaming. Singing is about the voice imo, not about the sound they make.

Quite,

It's not what YOU would consider singing. But that takes talent to do good. It's not just "screaming down the mic" and "everyone could do it". I used to think so too, until i took a stab at it, saw what efforts it takes to sustain that tone of voice etc.

I wouldn't consider opera singing either, it's just incoherant babble in a high pitch voice.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
It looks awesome, like 2 armies clashing back when wars was worth watching.

Wouldn't do it myself though. Wanted to put my health at risk for a rush, i'd do streetfighting. Atleast i'd have some semblance of control. Being at the mercy of 200 metalheads in a crowd... no thanks. :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
Quite,

It's not what YOU would consider singing. But that takes talent to do good. It's not just "screaming down the mic" and "everyone could do it". I used to think so too, until i took a stab at it, saw what efforts it takes to sustain that tone of voice etc.

I wouldn't consider opera singing either, it's just incoherant babble in a high pitch voice.

well its just a matter of preference and opinion. I personally hate it, you obviously like it. We can both be winners!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well its just a matter of preference and opinion. I personally hate it, you obviously like it. We can both be winners!

I actually -tolerate- it. If i hear it at a girls house, party, afterparty, bar etc, i don't mind it and can listen to the music in it instead of the blargargh.

Not my preferred cup of tea, just know a thing or two about the talent required and was pointing it out.

And yes we can both be weeners! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom