Lalala

Could Dark Age of Camelot use a soundtrack?

• Yes

Votes: 190 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 34.1%
  • I dont have a soundcard cause I'm a stingy bastard.

Votes: 26 7.9%

• Total voters

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Ah rofl.

Well the sound of Nintendo isn't really that old when it comes to music, and I believe music never can be too old. Even though I like Beethoven better than Mozart, it doesn't mean Mozart is too old. But making new music for DAOC doesn't necessarily mean it will be better than the old music. For comparison I like a lot of the music of the 80's and the 90's better than a lot of the music made after 2000. Changing the music can also have a bad effect. I loved the intro theme of Heroes of Might and Magic IV, but I remember when I bought an expansion called Winds of War it changed the intro theme, and I got very annoyed.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps if you didn't spend so long meleeing tower doors Atos, you wouldn't need to listen to the same loop.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Well the in combat music needs a bit of an overhaul tbh, ain't changed much in over 4 years , but i really like the ambient sounds and some music like running into certain towns e.g. Mag Mell , Tír na Mbeo in Hib, Cotswold and Campacorentin Station in Alb, and esp Haggerfell<< this one ROX tbh and Galplen in Mid.

The combat sounds need more oomph to em, more battle like, and it would be nice if the tune changed as more people were fighting, 1v1 / 1v2 etc would have good music, 8v8 etc would sound alot more battle like, and zerg battles would have an epic score like LOTR: The Two Towers , in the battlescene where Minas Tirith is getting zerged by orcs :D

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild said:
Perhaps if you didn't spend so long meleeing tower doors Atos, you wouldn't need to listen to the same loop.
wtf mean. I dont even have 100towers taken fyi!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
if they popped some funeral for a friend or some bullet for my valentine on it, then they definately should.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
come to think of it, i thought the SI music was very good :)

Gamah

Banned
I turned them off like 3 years ago..didn't even remember daoc had music ;d

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Maeloch said:
Accidentally copied all the media files from a daoc directory onto my mp3 player last week. On walk to work, such fun in shuffle mode with trebs, trolls grunting, tnn theme, etc., interrupting everything.
rofl :worthy:

duact

Fledgling Freddie
lineage2 background music was quite nice, somthing like that would be nice. Maby time to turn on ingame sounds for first time the last 3 years ;/

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Am I the only 1 who think polls without expire dates rox? :m00:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
So you think the same repeating short loop is good enough? Ew, DAoC is miles off a soundtrack like the other popular MMORPGs on the market.

I do admit, it is a bit meh.

One game that did have a fantastic soundtrack was FFXI, different music for practically every area and the music was brilliant, thanks once again to Nobuo Uetmatsu tbh. :D

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed. But all the games in the FF series are incredible when it comes to soundtracks.

Returned

Fledgling Freddie
oooh how do ya change the music files so it plays final fantasy when in combat mode? i wana do it >.< ^_^

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
lol no, ingame sounds sux already , i say no to an ost from them !

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
Agreed. But all the games in the FF series are incredible when it comes to soundtracks.

dont try to compare the 2 games lal !

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Turned off game sounds 2nd day after i installed the game, they are just fucking horrible. :p
So, no. :(

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
I havent played with music on for like 3 years now. Also the sound effects are very low so its easy to hear ventrilo.

Dont care.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I like the music, but turn it off like most do, and as others say its great for the first month, but after that and being in combat mode a lot, it gets tedious.

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
There is ONE thing I have to say about the sound... PLEASE get rid of the too gosh damn well copied from WOW parry sound, and put back the classic/SI/ToA one. Love the music.

MaCaBr3

Banned
I'd say "no" because I always put my own music on or play with the sounds on lvl 1 or somethnig. I really liked the music and sounds in Guild Wars tho.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
its gone over 4 years and we still have two battletracks, gw Mythic. yes the music needs a serious overhaul

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I love the town entry tracks for the Midgard towns, but I agree about the battletracks, that's why I turned off the DAOC music when I got so tired of them. When I look at old screenshots for memories I often turn on the Midgard music from the DAOC folder, they will always have a place in my heart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom