Lalala

Could Dark Age of Camelot use a soundtrack?

• Yes

Votes: 190 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 34.1%
  • I dont have a soundcard cause I'm a stingy bastard.

Votes: 26 7.9%

• Total voters

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Are you comfortable with the music/sounds in Dark Are of Camelot?

Compare it to for example World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. Dont you think Mythic should add some new music and sounds?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Never think to much about it, always music running from winamp, or vantrillo, so rarely got ingame sound. But yeah i agree its getting old and borring. They should try some new music, would be a great idear :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
But if you were given the choise. surely you wouldnt keep it as it is right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i quite like the ingame music as it is, i dont use it mind, well sometimes if i am exping or something :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
So you think the same repeating short loop is good enough? Ew, DAoC is miles off a soundtrack like the other popular MMORPGs on the market.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
What do you compare them with in that case? NES? :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I just like the troll moans :> Other than that, I think they need to contact the FF series' composers :D

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Not that keen on the music. It's fun for a while when you realise that different areas have variations on the same tune - the Alb village music for example is played on a bagpipes in Humberton which used to be the Highlander starting town. I've had it turned off for years now though....

The ambient sounds are actually pretty good, the effects and the background noises that give an area a bit of character.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Accidentally copied all the media files from a daoc directory onto my mp3 player last week. On walk to work, such fun in shuffle mode with trebs, trolls grunting, tnn theme, etc., interrupting everything.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
The combat music is horrible imo, other than that its quite ok. But a update of the music wouldent hurt =)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Accidentally copied all the media files from a daoc directory onto my mp3 player last week. On walk to work, such fun in shuffle mode with trebs, trolls grunting, tnn theme, etc., interrupting everything.

hahaha, great one :D

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:

lol :D add some daily roleplay to your life

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is you get that use to them you can hum them in your head like at the character login screen... i think everyone knows that tune :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly.. but I mean I play WoW or Guild Wars soundtrack on winamp while doing Rvr and that is just. <3 =)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I didnt have ingame sound on in GW,EQ2,SWG or WoW either. Don´t really care about how good the sound is on mmo´s tbh.

Singleplayer games are another story though

Carnalito

One of Freddy's beloved
How bout just listen to your favourite music in winamp/i-tunes/mediaplayer/whatever while you play?

I mean however good a soundtrack might be you still grow bored of it after a while, while listening to whatever other music does not have this problem? :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
the thign is.. a new player will have sounds enabled. and a good soundtrack makes an awsome impression, I know that.

And tbh, I dunno why people even vote no. anything regarding upgrades are good.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
the thign is.. a new player will have sounds enabled. and a good soundtrack makes an awsome impression, I know that.

And tbh, I dunno why people even vote no. anything regarding upgrades are good.

Becouse time can be spend better on other things.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
If they could learn from Baldur's Gate 's music, it would be good. BG always had a rly good feeling with the music in it...

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
You're a bit out on the wrong track here Atos, NES game sounds are better than most game sounds today ^^

But to give you my opinion on the thread:

I think music belongs to a good story, game music is only good when it's part of a story to show a greater purpose than just music, it creates an atmosphere. In a MMORPG where there is no story I don't think music is important at all as long as it's not loud and annoying.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
You raises the atmosphere of the game alot. Especially for roleplayers. Theres always a time when you wish to dream yourself away.

And I agree NES music offen ahd alot more variation than current game music.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Changing combat sound to that of Final Fantasy (Whenever you get attacked) ftw.
Easy to do yourself ;)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:

hehe. :)

Did u make a stop when u heard the mezz sound and yell "mezzed!" ? ;)

Is there a particular sound for mez btw..?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Nul said:
Is there a particular sound for mez btw..?
Mincers flute tune always makes me feel mezzed :>

Kinda annoying now when I play hib and I think Im gonna get mezzed everytime they play power regen :(

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
What's NES?

Anyway I have great memories attached to the game sounds. I've actually saved the old pre-SI daoc folder with sounds, and listen to them once in a while. Most of the sounds have changed since then, so I don't get the same feelings.

I remember when I was lvl10-11 I used to move back into the Gna Faste zone just to listen to the soundtrack every time I needed rest after killing a mob, cause it's so great. Also I remember the first time I died as a Norseman (my first char) my heart stopped for a second as it sounded like someone dying for real. That was an experience I didn't want again, so I was extra careful to avoid getting killed. It wasn't before I started with rvr that I got used to the sound of dying and not getting shivers down my spine.

However the first time I heard an alb die, I just thought they sounded funny. :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:

lol i should try that :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
combat sounds + MP3 of choice is what works best for me, would go nuts if listening to the same tunes over and over again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom