lair

R

riv

I've been away for a few months, and have only just got back. When i left my main (a supp rm) was level 47, and levelling quite nicely in lair.

Since my return its been impossible to get into a lair group. Only lists for healers and spiritmasters are now kept, it seems. No other classes are required, unless they are being power levelled by their level 50 spiritmaster alts.

What the hell is up with that? Does that mean that the only new level 50s Midgard is going to get are seers and spiritmasters?

Last going off I had respecc'd to Supp to be more group friendly and on the advice of some people on these forums saying that Midgard needed more supp rms; giving up my ability to actually solo effectively- boy was that a mistake- now i'm stuck on level 47, unless i find somewhere else to level.

/sigh

X

Xandax

Lair in the manner that was known in the past seems dead these days.

But I would think that there are plenty of people still interested in Lair, but it has to be organised I think. The usual list based grouping seems dead. (unless you are a 50SM or 50healer with alts)

I would think there is still plenty of usage for supp. RMs in groups - it is "just" a matter of finding groups.

R

riv

its a pitty- lair used to be effective levelling for all, now its just powerlevelling taken too far.

same people day in day out.

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Xandax
But I would think that there are plenty of people still interested in Lair, but it has to be organised I think.
Here we go again. If you REALLY want a grp in Lair, then make one. Check if Lair or Yar is camped. If not start PM the ppl you need. When that is done and miss 3-5 ppl to get started then ask the ppl you have to say what chars you need in /gu. Im sure you will get a few ppl from that.
If you dont have the perfect grp then get ppl enough there to get things going. In a couple of hours you will have a list with ppl and you can start to be picky.

If you have a problem, do something about it and stop complaining.
GL down there.

H

herjulf

Yeah we are effectivly killing DAOC MID/excal atm europe.
U can forget getting lair/yar grp unless having a healer 50 or SM 50 with a leech u can lvl.

Its fooked up yes.
/level command has killed off lowbie levelgrps, so newcomers to the game will be utterly bored.

Yar grps made past 40 grps vanish.
All i can suggest is u try to make a grp at lair, but excpect any SM´s u have in grp to dissapear when spots open in SM grp.

in TDD we have started making our own LAIR hunts on weekends, mainly for salvage and guildfund.
But also to get lowbie guildies some loving.

So either join a guild that u see have large numbers = likely guildhunts, make yourself a grp(form one) or be patient and hope to find a fluke grp.

K

kathal_tdd

REALLY gr8 imo:clap:
Check Herjulf's or my sig.

Going limp !!!!!

H

herjulf

hhehe nice timing on posting there lol

Soulmates ^^ kinda flukeish

H

herjulf

BTW what am i doing here?
hmmm i am working.. yet i tend to be drawn here.. it must be magic.

zzz documentation is so boring zzz

K

kathal_tdd

Aye Herjulf. Nice timing.:D
I should be working too, or read all the Computerworld mags I have after 5 weeks in school:rolleyes:

Say it mate.

Going limp!!!!1!!!!11

X

Xandax

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
Here we go again. If you REALLY want a grp in Lair, then make one. Check if Lair or Yar is camped. If not start PM the ppl you need. When that is done and miss 3-5 ppl to get started then ask the ppl you have to say what chars you need in /gu. Im sure you will get a few ppl from that.
If you dont have the perfect grp then get ppl enough there to get things going. In a couple of hours you will have a list with ppl and you can start to be picky.

If you have a problem, do something about it and stop complaining.
GL down there.

Excuse me .... did I complain?
I was saying that I belive there are plenty of people interested in lair, but it needs organisation because the "list grouping" as it was in "the old days" are dead.

I did not complain about the fact that it is dead, although I myself did enjoy being at lair. And if I want to get to lair and exp, you can be sure that I will do so.

Quit hacking down peoples posts just because you fail to read them properly.

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Xandax
Excuse me .... did I complain?
I was saying that I belive there are plenty of people interested in lair, but it needs organisation because the "list grouping" as it was in "the old days" are dead.

I did not complain about the fact that it is dead, although I myself did enjoy being at lair. And if I want to get to lair and exp, you can be sure that I will do so.

Quit hacking down peoples posts just because you fail to read them properly.
I was agreeing with you:D
The complain part was aimed at the original poster.
This is "Lair is dead" post 100, so thats why I wrote "here we go again.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by herjulf
Yeah we are effectivly killing DAOC MID/excal atm europe.
U can forget getting lair/yar grp unless having a healer 50 or SM 50 with a leech u can lvl.

Its fooked up yes.

<snip>
Yar grps made past 40 grps vanish.
<snip>
Such complete and utter bullshit.

Lair isn't dead because they are running PL spots at Yar.

Lair is dead due to the new pathing of mobs, new spawns etc - it's just not 'safe' to xp at lair anymore, not even DT-hill is safe.

I also see a lot of people saying: 'it's hard to find a group'.

Well, here's a news flash - make your own groups!

"but it requires I actually do something - boohoo, cry irl etc"

/who [class] minlevel maxlevel

or use the [group looking for [class]] buttons.

Don't expect things to be handed to you on a silver platter.

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Whisperess

Exactly.

W

Weeping Willow

If you can't make your own exping group you shouldn't be allowed to have a level 50 char, easy as that.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
I was agreeing with you:D
The complain part was aimed at the original poster.
This is "Lair is dead" post 100, so thats why I wrote "here we go again.

Well - you quoted my post and then "slacked off" on complaining, so it wasn't possible for me to interpretate it in that manner, but okay ... no probs. :)

V

Vidfamne

blä

Originally posted by riv
whats TDD? :)

yes i know u know what it means but for all those ppl who dont know what TDD is its The Dark Disciples a guild in midgard : )))

just wanted more posts : O

I

Imon

Lair is dead due to the new pathing of mobs, new spawns etc - it's just not 'safe' to xp at lair anymore, not even DT-hill is safe.

Actually it was dead before that when the PL grps stood at lair^^

but still I agree, if you want a grp, make one

H

herjulf

I totally disagree with you, well almost totally.

I aswell think that if u cant get a grp MAKE one, it is as easy as that.
U get nowhere standing stomping and w8ing for something that isnt happening.

I disagree that SM + leechgrps are good for midgard.

SM + leech only is good for a very narrow playerbase.

1. ppl with dual, tripple accounts, leveling buffbots
2. ppl sharing accounts borrowing friend X´s SM to lvl his alt.

I have myself lvled some alts this way there and no doubt the rate is excellent, however it limits weakens other grps.

How many want to exp the old fashioned way nowdays?

You make a 2nd grp at lair while other is at yar, if lucky u can make a 2nd SM grp if not so lucky u make a semi old fashined SM + TANK grp and pull drakulvs 4 by 4.
This is good exp for me, hell i am happy with 1 and 1, cuz imo any exp is better then none.
But since most ppl nowdays are spoiled by 8+ pulls the SM´s u have in grp will probably "dissapear" to the original SM grp.
Also for the semi old fashioned style of pulls valuable space is taken by LEECH which no SM 48+ will join without.

Do you now see what i am talking about?

its maths

its 4 actual players per grp in SM grps 2-3SM 1 healer rest bots, leech.
What we get is lots and lots of buffbots and in afew cases a actual toon to be played (usually 3rd acct or a friends being powerlvled)

it used to be 2 grps 1 grp higher lvled 46+ one grp lower 41+ all active players.

But lets not forget u cant really blame the ppl playing SM pulling, ppl can create the old style grps if they want to.
Its just a matter of not being lazy, there are ppl out there who wanna grp, alot of em.
However what the majority rather do is play rvr til DF is ours, not trying to organise a retake of keeps etc, just w8ing for others to do it, most dont even wanna help to make a retake.

Instead sit and whine in various forms that mids dont take DF.

The IDEAL would be 2 different simultaneous lair hunt grps. one at yar one at lair, bot being of the semi oldfashined style with 1-2Sm in each grp minimum leech maximum actual players.

But we all know this wont happen, we are all to exp horny.
including me.

S

Silenzio

still remeber the time were ther was no need ov list or group...
just gather at stone n hit what ever moves... everyone leeching by everyone... aoeing all arround without no one careing bout that

:) such freedom

R

riv

thing is with the 'make a group' idea.. all very well and good, but lair is camped by powerlevelling sm's pretty much every waking hour.

anyway, reguardless of making a group and settling for the crap xp at yar and waiting for hours to get enough people to make it work, then having the sm's and/or healers leave as soon as a space opens up in the main groups.. the point still stands, that what's happened in lair sucks (unless of course you have a 50 sm or healer).

so hissyfits on hold, its to the detriment of the realm, period.

/since settled for xping with old guildies in DF

P

punj

make some old skool lair groups, remember when it was 1 pac healer,shammie,supp RM and rest tanks back in the dark days before end regen?
well with end regen now it's gonna be alot faster pulling 4 mobs and mezzing,smoting 1 by 1.

H

herjulf

Oh yes btw that lair sucks due to patrols etc, is mainly a myth.
U can still pull safely at lair.

Gjalpinulvas LAIR has been enlarged to make it easier to organise a fight with her though.
Which meant hey had to move some executioners further towards centre but if the grps stay at the stone they wont aggro them.

Also get there safely with no more hassle then before. Infact it is my feeling that it is easier, draulvs dont patrol so high at ToD ( Tree Of Death ) anymore.

S

schinkaar

I think its good that powerlevlers have taken over lair, it does give RvR active players that hate PvE lvl up alts that can enahance the efficiency of mid RvR. Compare that to producing a number of useless classes (and some usefull) played and specced by people who dont know anything about RvR, and explain why this is bad for the realm?

Ofc you could argue that RvR isnt important and bla bla bla and say its bad for the realm. Problem is mid have enuff ppl to do a relic raid, defend our relics, take keeps, hold keeps, do any PvE raid and have decent numbers in emain.

Instead of saying crap like its hurting mid and is unfair, have the decency to say what your problem is; YOU cant get xp, YOU cant get to 50 and YOU cant RvR.

This wasnt aimed at any1 in particular, but a general note to all ppl who whine on the yar PL.

M

Madkobold

Are you really that ignorant Schinkar or is the post of yours a joke ?

S

schinkaar

its not a joke, and i dont consider myself nor my post ignorant.

S

svartmetall

I really hope Schinkaar's being ironic...

Certainly the cheat that is buffbots has become more and more of a problem. Last night in DF - DF, for fuck's sake! - it took the grp I was in 45+ minutes to get a shammy.

Doesn't take the brains of Hawking to see that buffbots are killing the population of REAL Shammies/Healers in the game; more buffbots = less spots for shammies/healers as selfish people can get buffs with no sharing of XP with others in what could have been a real group. Eventually the only shammies and healers around will be on the second accounts of people directly responsible for helping to kill the support class population of Midgard.

That, I contest, is the real problem facing not just Midgard, but all Realms. The Lair/Yar situation is a problem, as the fevered egos of powerlevellers get out of control, but the "put your own group together FFS!" option is always open to you...however when you do, the dearth of shammies and healers available for your gathering group should be openly and directly blamed on the people running around with little blue zombies /stuck behind them.

BTW Trollheim owns Lair flat out anyway...MUCH easier to get to, nicer place, better drops, and killer XP too.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by svartmetall
I really hope Schinkaar's being ironic...

Certainly the cheat that is buffbots has become more and more of a problem. Last night in DF - DF, for fuck's sake! - it took the grp I was in 45+ minutes to get a shammy.

Doesn't take the brains of Hawking to see that buffbots are killing the population of REAL Shammies/Healers in the game; more buffbots = less spots for shammies/healers as selfish people can get buffs with no sharing of XP with others in what could have been a real group. Eventually the only shammies and healers around will be on the second accounts of people directly responsible for helping to kill the support class population of Midgard.

That, I contest, is the real problem facing not just Midgard, but all Realms. The Lair/Yar situation is a problem, as the fevered egos of powerlevellers get out of control, but the "put your own group together FFS!" option is always open to you...however when you do, the dearth of shammies and healers available for your gathering group should be openly and directly blamed on the people running around with little blue zombies /stuck behind them.

BTW Trollheim owns Lair flat out anyway...MUCH easier to get to, nicer place, better drops, and killer XP too.

I contest that the lack of healer/shammies should be blamed on you. Until you roll one yourself, dont blame other ppl for not rolling one. And any1 with a bb is a good addition to a grp, most RvR grps "need" a BB if they want buffs, and a real shammie if they want end/dis/root/ich. And any xp grp need either a shammie or a bb (non PL grp), so prolly missed your point, or you dont know what you are talking about :).

edit: no irony/sarcasm/highness/drunkeness im being honest.

G

Garh Khartari

The average player that both enjoys a good nights PvE and the occasional RvR is the one that will lose out from mad powerlevelers trashing the regular XP spots. And you've got to be pretty dumb to not realise why Buff Bots are a bad thing for the game.

And support classes are damn fun to play, just too bad they rarely get a chance to do that, with every other player having a buff bot somewhere. :\

Have fun

W

Weeping Willow

Level up a shaman to 50 shouldn't be that hard. When I was sub 50 I always got lots of pms "need group mate?" "want to join?" etc. They are very fun in RvR, and you will always get a group if you have a decent/good spec and don't behave like a moron. Can't say how healer is in RvR since I never played one there but you will get a group since most groups will want three of them and levling a healer shouldn't be much of a problem (forming a exp group as a healer isn't hard). Many people don't wanna go "back" to tanks after playing support.

Have to agree with Schinkaar's oppinions and I don't think he is being ignorant either, but then again he was the one that taught me how to play.

Users who are viewing this thread