Laggy Server??

O

old.katerina

Went for a coop game with a friend this morning and 2 crazy instances occured.

A) we both empty 60 rounds of HK rounds into one spetznaz, he doesn't die, he runs a few more yards then drops dead. Then me and my friend both get shot (5 secs later) by the dead spetznaz, which occording to both our screens hes dead very dead.

B)playing one of those "ToTo" coop missions, my team continualy shoot at the US jeep with both driver and gunner dead. To stop this i place a satchel charge to blow the jeep up.Due to my team shooting at the jeep constantly the jeep blows up wihtout the satchel charge blowing. Then all of a sudden I am respawned as the dead the jeep driver, sat there unable tomove hunched the wheel, and before i know it the satchel charge blows up killing everyone with me in the keep.

I know war is hell but thats just wierd.

W

Will

The first thing can be explained by desync on the server, you can check it in-game by pressing P and pulling up that table of players.

The second thing...weird.

edit : To add to the first point, did you have a squad full of AI players? They add a real strain to the servers.

G

Gumbo

Are you sure you weren't playing 'Action OFP', where all kinds of strange and interesting occurences happen?

O

old.katerina

A) was with only just 2 people as the squad no AI
B) was with a full squad of ai though about 7.

W

Will

Roughly what time? I don't really play in the morning, but I'll keep a note of it.

W

Will

Blueyonder cable modem. If both the people were suffering it...well, I've looked at the games netcode before, and the AI uses a lot of bandwidth (weird but true). The new client and server means I can monitor bandwidth use a lot better (i.e. I now can), so I'm on the case, honest.

W

Will

Mystery solved. That mission has far too many men in it, which is causing the server to lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom