Lagg problems with new computer

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Hi.

A month ago i baught a new computer i put it together and it preforms bader than my old one.

The speccs are:

CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz Socket 939, 512KB
MOTHERBOARD: MSI K8N NEO4-F, nForce4, Socket-939, ATX Raid, Lyd, 4xSATA, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16
RAM: 1gb pc3200
GFX CARD:Radeon X700PRO 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express

My old pc was:

CPU: intel pentium 2.66 GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Some cheap MSI one.
RAM: 1gb pc2700
GFX CARD: G-force 4 ti 4800 128 mb.

Any ideas why the new computer preforms bader than the old one?
I got up to date drivers for evrything on my new computer. but still my FPS ingame sux.

Thank you in advance.

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
Obvious things to check ...

Have you set the BIOS correctly ? The default settings are usually on "safe" settings.
Have you installed the motherboard drivers ? Forgotten GART drivers are the bane for me ;)
Have you reinstalled the OS just to check nothing weird happened when you installed the new hardware ?

Edit: I also hope you are using Windows XP .. won't matter too much if you are not, but it helps a lot with all that modern hardware you lucky git :p

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
You don't actually say if your CPU is dual core or not (there's 3800 versions of single & dual core AMD chips). If it is go into the task manager and set the affinity for the "game.dll" task to core 1 only, should solve the problem.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Well i'm guessing as the MSI a8n doesn't infact support dual core, I doubt he has one...

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
in what way does it perform worse?

- loading times ?
- fps ?
- ping / lag ?

Could be a zillion reasons.. Ow, and can you post your BRAND of memory and kind, (eg Kingston 256MB DDR400 ECC Reg) and same for your hard disk.
- Some mobo's or CPU mem controllers don't go well with certain memories, or hard disks for that matter.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Fps is the problem.

oh btw this is my ram: Corsair Value S PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB Unbuffered, Non-parity, 64Megx64, CL2.5
running 2x of those :eek:

i dont know if my cpu is dual core or not webby doesnt say either :eek: (where i ordered it from)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Well you bring up the Task manager, do you have 2 windows for the processor. If yes, then you are dual core.

Is the FPS bad in all games.

Is your CPU at max while DAOC is running ?

Need more info.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
adoNix said:
i dont know if my cpu is dual core or not webby doesnt say either :eek: (where i ordered it from)
If it was dual core it wouldn't be working, as the mobo doesn't support dual core processors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom