Lag, lag, lag... is there anything else?

S

skerit XP

I can't play with lag!

I'm running from a monster, I'm ahead pretty good, then I get lagged, and the monster is a mile in fron tof me, and my endurance is totally gone, I still stan don thesame place, but endurance = gone

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by Shamarinor

This isn't whining, it's a complaint, since the patch was implemented i have not had a decent connection, my perf meter is constantly flicking between yellow and red and it becomes impossible to play......click on attack, wait 30 secs, char attacks, char dies as mobs have hit 5 times already. I'm not the only one experiencing this so it must be a router problem somewhere.

who are you complaining to? this isn't wannadoo's BB nor is it GOA's have you emailed them? have you had a reply? what did they say? now that would be productive all you are doing is expressing "whine". it's non productive.

Router problem? *coughs* have you recently telneted into the router to come to this conclusion or are you just working off ping rates which can be caused by a dodgy conection into a wall socket or interface of any device between your device and your destination.

go mail GAO and see what they say...

S

skerit XP

wait until you have a little lag...
especially in a battle

S

Shamarinor

I'm sharing my problems with people on a board that is dedicated to the game i'm having problems with. Isn't that what these boards are for? ok, maybe this should be in the technical support section. If you have a problem with these types of posts, don't bother reading them or replying to them.

S

skerit XP

technical support? Lol, I don't think they're gonna help us with lag :)
Isn't this "general" thing to happen?

O

old.Bowen

but you've just said you were complaining a minute ago, have you tried GAO? have you emailed them?

All I'm saying in a nutshell is that half the folk that 'complain' on this board haven't even tried mailing the relevant people

how the fcuk are they supposed to know of any problems if you just hide in a corner and slag them off? just makes no sense to me.

As for Skerit I played UO for 3 years on a 56k modem lag becomes a part of life

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by old.Bowen

who are you complaining to? this isn't wannadoo's BB nor is it GOA's have you emailed them? have you had a reply? what did they say? now that would be productive all you are doing is expressing "whine". it's non productive.

Router problem? *coughs* have you recently telneted into the router to come to this conclusion or are you just working off ping rates which can be caused by a dodgy conection into a wall socket or interface of any device between your device and your destination.

All I can say is in the last two night I (and most of my Guild mates on many different types of connections and even countries) have been kicked off.

Same Modem, Same Wires, Same ISP... new patch.......

Somthing is definatly wrong in the state of GOA

G

Gef

Originally posted by Shamarinor
I use Blueyonder Broadband, and i've also been having alot of lag problems. It seems to have happened since patch and if this is as Gef says because of more people, then we need another English server.

All the servers are in the same location, English, French and German. Its not the servers its the ISP that GOA use thats the problem.

F

FazeWa

To be fair you don't need to be on the border routers to see the problem clearly.. I agree that a dodgy connection can cause a hell of a lot of problems and false results.. But from the traceroutes, above and ping tests through the network it's plain to see that it's a Above problem - hell if their DNS is anything to go by they are maxing out a OC-12 :) which given current European issues is a big possibility..

As far as I can see, if your route takes you through the Mfnx traceroute I posted earlier then you are going to have problems until that link is fixed..

Mailing GOA probably isn't going to help, because as far as I know they are not a Above customer or have any influence over them.. also because most people's ISP's are not getting upstream from Above directly they can't complain... it's just one of those situations that both sides are powerless to fix.

The best you can do is dial using another ISP, if you're on cable or ADSL then the only thing you can do (apart from buy a modem ;]) is hold tight and pray to the god of connectivity ;)

Faze.

O

old.Enflo

Sham: Yes its both of us going, but neither of the EU subs are up yet and we might keep the EU ones running for a bit longer if the events are any good. :D

Bowen: It's the people who moan about people moaning that make me laugh....

G

Gef

but you've just said you were complaining a minute ago, have you tried GAO? have you emailed them?

All I'm saying in a nutshell is that half the folk that 'complain' on this board haven't even tried mailing the relevant people

how the fcuk are they supposed to know of any problems if you just hide in a corner and slag them off? just makes no sense to me.

As for Skerit I played UO for 3 years on a 56k modem lag becomes a part of life

Nobody is complaining were just trying to figure out what the feck is going on, I think that maybe emailing G O A! would be a bit futile without a nice wide range of opinions first do you not think?

If its an individual problem then its the individuals problem to sort it out, if its a collective problem then its likley to be a bigger issue. Always better to work out the facts before flying off the handle and spamming GOA with complaints, which is neither productive nor welcome i'm sure.

56k modem you get what you pay for m8, personally I dont pay for broadband to get a 56k quality connection.

S

Shamarinor

Originally posted by Gef

Nobody is complaining were just trying to figure out what the feck is going on, I think that maybe emailing G O A! would be a bit futile without a nice wide range of opinions first do you not think?

If its an individual problem then its the individuals problem to sort it out, if its a collective problem then its likley to be a bigger issue. Always better to work out the facts before flying off the handle and spamming GOA with complaints, which is neither productive nor welcome i'm sure.

56k modem you get what you pay for m8, personally I dont pay for broadband to get a 56k quality connection.

Well said :)

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by Gef

And when this post finally sinks off the bottom of this board you honestly think that anyone would have emailed GAO or their ISP?

In a word you have a point but I think the facts have been more than established, you have lag on your lago meter, bad ping rates and the odd discon
As for spamming - if all different emails are from different people you can hardly call that spamming and if enough mails are sent then yes you will get noticed above one well written email - thats how partions work pure quantity
I was refering to the past, I too have a broadband connection with NTL. I get the odd red connection light but have only had one disconect whilst playing DAOC.

maybe I'm just lucky

B

Brannor McThife

Look, they know about the problem, and I'm sure we'll get told when they've fixed it/know exactly what it was. Till then, we speculate and wait.

-G

G

Gef

And when this post finally sinks off the bottom of this board you honestly think that anyone would have emailed GAO or their ISP?

In a word you have a point but I think the facts have been more than established, you have lag on your lago meter, bad ping rates and the odd discon
As for spamming - if all different emails are from different people you can hardly call that spamming and if enough mails are sent then yes you will get noticed above one well written email - thats how partions work pure quantity

In a word - yes, in fact i'm sure that more than a few people have emailed GOA with emails to the effect of "I got booted! Red lights galore! what you playing at?? I died coz of you! I want my XP back!"

A bit of intelligent speculation on the problem can do no harm, and god forbid it may actually help a few people!

I was refering to the past, I too have a broadband connection with NTL. I get the odd red connection light but have only had one disconect whilst playing DAOC.

maybe I'm just lucky

The past is the past, things progress - the fact of the matter is its never been this bad before so why just sit back and say 'hey lag is part of the game' and put up with it now?

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by Gef

The past is the past, things progress - the fact of the matter is its never been this bad before so why just sit back and say 'hey lag is part of the game' and put up with it now?

Very true, although as time & technology progress's I'm sure it will unfortuanlty we'll always be at the mercy of the devices in between us and the game and they're collectivly very rarely as up todate as the end devices ie pc and game and what it demands of them.

Anyway I'm babbling now it's 5pm so I'm off home to play the game :)

so untill 9am tomorrow, good evening :)

F

FazeWa

Blessings be upon this network, Above seem to have done a sterling job..

1 demon-du.demon.co.uk (158.152.1.222) 24 msec 28 msec 28 msec
2 anchor-ndu-rs01-fe1.access.demon.net (194.159.171.61) 24 msec 24 msec 28 msec
3 anchor-core-1-fxp3.router.demon.net (195.173.57.251) 28 msec 28 msec 24 msec
4 anchor-border-1-e22.router.demon.net (194.159.7.206) 28 msec 28 msec 24 msec
5 tele-border-1-e36.router.demon.net (194.159.36.234) 28 msec 32 msec 32 msec
6 215.ge4-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.mfnx.net (208.185.188.113) 28 msec 28 msec 28 msec
7 pos5-0.mpr2.lhr1.uk.mfnx.net (208.185.156.14) 28 msec 32 msec 28 msec
8 P4-1.LONBB1.London.opentransit.net (193.251.154.65) 32 msec 32 msec 28 msec
9 P13-0.PASCR1.Pastourelle.opentransit.net (193.251.154.225) 36 msec 36 msec 40 msec
10 P4-0.BAGCR3.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.241.118) 40 msec 36 msec 36 msec
11 P1-0.BAGBB1.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.241.145) 40 msec 36 msec 40 msec
12 P2-0-0.BAGAR1.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.128.102) 36 msec 36 msec 36 msec
13 WanadooPortails.GW.opentransit.net (193.251.251.214) 40 msec 36 msec 40 msec

See ya all on!

S

SevenSins

My guild chat last night after a lag spike:

Seven: LAG!!!!!!
Meonic: OMFG 5 SECS FROZEN WTF SEV U OK?
Shawe: BAH GOT KEELED BY BOWMAN CUS I LAGGED :-/
Kallaisbananen: ? I still don't get it there were just 30 albs in front of me within 0.2 seconds..
Parcel: Damn laggy :E
Onitork: FFS DED AGAIN AT 0.1111111 BEFORE HALFDING!! FFS I'M PISSED NOW!!!!!
Your friend Onitork has just left the game.

etc, etc.

It seemed that everytime I was experiencing a lag spike of aprox 3/4 seconds, I wasn't the only one.

We all come from different countries, all use different ISP's..

This was last night (Thursday) so I rcon that sunday/monday crap being fixed the lag problem from last night.

I'm still experiencing it at the moment, and I can tell you it's quite annoying for a hybrid/ranged attacker to put up with that shit..

Hope they'll fix it soon, whether it's Wanadoo's connection or GOA's servers, least things will run normal after or so I hope, though.

</whine>

F

FazeWa

Yeah I agree... last night was kinda bad..

Yes the connection was previously knackered, the proof of that is there.. but even when I was getting 40ms to the server I was still getting lag in spots..

It was a brave attempt but I guess they shouldn't have run the dedicated servers on ZX81's ;)

S

Shamarinor

Quote from Daoc Europe site:

"On a side note, we are aware of router problems on Sunday and Monday evenings (causing lots of disconnection for German and English players). I will bring you more news as they come."

I'll say no more on the subject ;)

O

old.Bowen

Ahh good morning folks, after another hard nights gaming, no discons a couple of lag moments but nothing nasty.

Oh well I'll try and lag myself out tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom