Lag, lag, lag... is there anything else?

S

skerit XP

I'm just complaining here! But I lost 3 bubles now thanks to the super-anoying lag!
You work all day for 4 bubles then you press the buton with your spell and what happens? absolutly nothing, except an anoying disturbed presence in your face killing you..... wtg goa! or wanadoo.
End caomplainging... had to say that

O

old.Balth

I have a lot of lag also lately.

Today I used a spell on a grovewood and nothing happened..I thought whata!?!?
Like 5 secs later I saw finaly the animation and the grovewood right infront of me.

S

SFXman

I doubt it is GOAs or maybe even Wanadoos fault, I for one had no lag at all today. I figure it is your route to the servers...

F

FazeWa

I'd check your route.. My main Demon account is getting scuppered because it looks like they peer/get upstream from Above.net and the hand off of traffic from what appears to be legacy Mfnx and Above is not going too well. I'm getting 40ms through Mfnx and then right up to 200-400ms to Above..

1 demon-du.demon.co.uk (158.152.1.222) 32 msec 32 msec 32 msec
2 anchor-ndu-rs01-fe1.access.demon.net (194.159.171.61) 28 msec 32 msec 28 msec
3 anchor-core-1-fxp3.router.demon.net (195.173.57.251) 32 msec 28 msec 28 msec
4 anchor-border-1-e22.router.demon.net (194.159.7.206) 32 msec 28 msec 32 msec
5 tele-border-1-e36.router.demon.net (194.159.36.234) 32 msec 32 msec 32 msec
6 215.ge4-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.mfnx.net (208.185.188.113) 32 msec 32 msec 28 msec
7 so-4-1-0.cr1.lhr3.uk.mfnx.net (208.184.231.174) 32 msec 32 msec 32 msec
8 pos10-0.cr1.cdg2.fr.mfnx.net (64.125.31.153) 40 msec 40 msec 40 msec
9 pos5-0.mpr1.cdg4.fr.mfnx.net (208.184.231.213) 40 msec 40 msec 40 msec
10 ft-above-oc12.cdg4.above.net (208.184.210.234) 316 msec 312 msec 316 msec
11 P2-0.BAGCR3.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.241.174) 312 msec 316 msec 312 msec
12 P1-0.BAGBB1.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.241.145) 304 msec 304 msec 300 msec
13 P2-0-0.BAGAR1.Bagnolet.opentransit.net (193.251.128.102) 300 msec 300 msec 300 msec
14 WanadooPortails.GW.opentransit.net (193.251.251.214) 300 msec 300 msec 300 msec

It gets better over the course of the evening, but hell if you get the option, then switch to another account until it's fixed...

Freeserve works ok for me, at this time and I understand that BT has no problems either..

Faze.

B

Bitney Spears

Wanadoo are great......

......at being bad!

:twak: x 1,000,000 on Wanadon't

S

skerit XP

My connection IS wanadoo adsl, later, just before I was gonna give the final blow, the screen froze again for 20 seconds, me dead, that's the second time, I also go tlagged during running one time, dead, ..................... and immediatly you loose a bubel, I still hate that rule!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Bitney Spears? Let me give you one :twak: for chosing such a retarded name...

I

Icecreamsheep

Ive been having a lot of problems lately as well with lag, after running a tracert on the server 60% of the time the problems lie in the mfnx routers, 35% of the time they lie in the opentransit routers, and the other 5% varies between Demon being down, and the wanadoo end.

Frequently when running a tracert i get pings of about 100 - 200 on all except the mfnx routers, they usually clear 1000 or just timeout. This is on 56K by the way.

I believe that the opentransit routers are part of the main UK backbone that all UK ISP's go through (someone with a little more knowledge feel free to correct me here), so if they have problems then then entire of the UK is going to have problems as well.

In defence of GOA ive only had 2 problems that i can think of where its been at their end that the networks died, all the other times its been some muppets router on the way over.

Not really complaining, just chucking my 2p at the pile.

Sheepy

M

Myshra

our 2 group party in DM got wwiped out due to the server going tits up about 10:30 pld goa, we were all really impressed with that one

G

Gef

Opentransit is part of France Telecom, so our network teckie reckons. His technical expertise has come up with the conclusion that Opentransit is poo.

D

danskmacabre

Speaking of lag..

I wsa playing last night, and it was very slow..lors of lag..
Finally, I went LD and when I checked the server, there was lees the half the amount of people online than there was a few minutes before..

When I got back online, all of the people in my party has gone Ld and a couple of people otw to join had gone ld as well..

The rest of the night was still pretty damn slow, which put us all in some pretty deep situations, due to the LLLAAGG...:(

Oh well, I hope it's better tonight.

O

old.Lianuchta

Somehow it seems to be alot laggier since the patch. It comes and goes though, sometimes I have no lag what so ever, and other times I can't walk straight because the lag keeps jumping me about...

D

danskmacabre

Agreed, but when you're in the middle of a combat and everything suddenly slows down, and you're just standing there...
And then sudenly you're being beaten to a pulp by said monster
Or alternatively, you're watching your mates getting beaten and your heal spell won't work..

It can be very annoying.

G

Gef

I have a feeling that a lot of it is due to a large influx of people suddenly coming back to play due to new patch. I have noticed that the servers are quite full at peak time at the moment. A lot more so than before anyway.

Although Prydwen is pretty much the same population, they are all on the same network and if that gets a lot of load then we all suffer. I'm sure the novelty of the new battlegrounds/patch will wear off soon enough and things should start to improve.

F

FazeWa

I think that if you can get an ISP that bypasses Mfnx specifically the Mfnx->Above connection then you are fime.. Freeserve seems to go via peering with Level 3 to get to Opentransit and I get 80ms tops (via ISDN).. Other ISP's I've tried that have private peering with opentransit also have no problems..

S

Shamarinor

I use Blueyonder Broadband, and i've also been having alot of lag problems. It seems to have happened since patch and if this is as Gef says because of more people, then we need another English server.

D

Damon_D

I dont know about the other one's but when I played UO above.net was the black sheep of the family, I could have a 30ms ping and when I hit them I would be 300 instead , they suck goats-poo , or atleast they did :eek:

B

Bodzilla

I doubt it's the population, since the french servers have double the numbers of prydwen, and seem to stay up.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Shamarinor
I use Blueyonder Broadband, and i've also been having alot of lag problems. It seems to have happened since patch and if this is as Gef says because of more people, then we need another English server.

Another server would be cool, as I'm using Prydwen for my Hib chars, and Excalibur for my Albion Chars.
Which means currently I can't play a Midgard Char yet..:(

O

old.Enflo

Since the patch to 1.45 I have noticed the game become more and more laggy. The first 2 blobs on my little perf meter are always flashing between green, orange and red. Its the same for my girlfriend who sits next to me and uses the same connection (NTL Cable). This weekend I got the US version and installed that. I played all day yesterday and had 3 green blobs all that time. However my girlfriend who was playing on the EU servers still had loads of lag and even an LD death due to it. So the problem is at the french end of the route (UK-France).

S

Shamarinor

Ahhh Enflo m8y, your not leaving us are you?

O

old.Enflo

I still have some time left on my EU subs so i will be around for a while yet...;)

S

Shamarinor

Ah, thats ok then, so are both of you going? I'm thinking of buying the US version myself.

O

old.Bowen

LOL - Jeepers folk whine about not having the patch now we have the patch you whine about something else.

Don't have many lag issues personally, so what if the server falls over once in a blue moon sh*t happens.

It's just one of those things, I'm sure if there's a real issue with GAO etc they'll sort it in time.

why don't u just play?

F

Flimgoblin

All signs seem to point to a flaky router connecting wanadoo to the rest of the world...

Hence when we all get disconnected those people using the wanadoo dialups or whatever still can connect.

Someone needs to give the router a kick :)

S

Shamarinor

Originally posted by old.Bowen
LOL - Jeepers folk whine about not having the patch now we have the patch you whine about something else.

Don't have many lag issues personally, so what if the server falls over once in a blue moon sh*t happens.

It's just one of those things, I'm sure if there's a real issue with GAO etc they'll sort it in time.

why don't u just play?

This isn't whining, it's a complaint, since the patch was implemented i have not had a decent connection, my perf meter is constantly flicking between yellow and red and it becomes impossible to play......click on attack, wait 30 secs, char attacks, char dies as mobs have hit 5 times already. I'm not the only one experiencing this so it must be a router problem somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom