lag gone ?

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
So now the lag is gone, and GoA proved how to do something about it. How about making something happen so OT makes some adjustments to their network so GoA wont get affected by it again
discuss :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Wilburn said:
So now the lag is gone, and GoA proved how to do something about it. How about making something happen so OT makes some adjustments to their network so GoA wont get affected by it again
discuss :)
There are plans in the works but they are still being discussed and they involve a lot of different companies coughing up a staggering amount of money. It will happen, but there'll be a lot of committees before it does.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
nice work GOA and all gms, i just hope it stays lag free

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for giving them a kick up the arse and getting them to fix it.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
ImaNoobie said:
Nice work?

Yes its very nice they do the job they get paid for..... :wanker:

Some people are never f*cking pleased - just need/want to whine.

go back to CS u tit...

gj GOA for getting OT to sort it out

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Just done a Dragon Raid totally lag free :) was bliss, thanks GoA :)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Yes very nice work, had no lag today at all, other than the one caused by my crap computer running 2 clients ;) hehe

Now if GoA will just send me a better comp I will never lag :D

Outlander

Part of the furniture
its all lies! i thinks we been inserted into the matrix and a veil of illusion has been drawn over us so we no longer see the reality of the lag that is still among us! harvesting our souls as we remain non the wiser!

just a theory anyway. :)

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
Nice work goa the lag has gone.

Gotta hope that something is put in place after this though to prevent it heppening again this last week has been pretty rough.

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
nice work GOA and all gms, i just hope it stays lag free

haha that's soo funny, so glad the uber tekkies at GoA sorted out the 'entrance point'. I heard some of them even learned that you can open a dos box in XP!!

Where is the 2 weeks of free days you owe the playerbase or should we see the 'entrance point' people for that ?

Sporez

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Lag free at last....

Now I'm waiting for some official response on GOA webby on friday news on what they think of it...

Some points spring to mind:
Free play time ??? ...
Was ABSOLUTLEY everything done and done FAST enough to get rid of the lag we had for ages....

And I want to add that GoA should consider giving the GM's some extra paid holiday now for all the shit/harassments/whine they had to put up with from the community to be at the receiving end from something they didn't draw upon us :wub:

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Yep was nice to be able to play lag free.

Thanks go to all the teckie staff at OpenTransit..........

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Krakatau said:
Lag free at last....

Now I'm waiting for some official response on GOA webby on friday news on what they think of it...

Some points spring to mind:
Free play time ??? ...
Was ABSOLUTLEY everything done and done FAST enough to get rid of the lag we had for ages....

And I want to add that GoA should consider giving the GM's some extra paid holiday now for all the shit/harassments/whine they had to put up with from the community to be at the receiving end from something they didn't draw upon us :wub:

Wasn't on thier network so can't see why they should have to give free game time. Bit like asking the government for free petrol money cos there was a traffic jam you sat in.

Incidentally did anyone else find it weird logging on to a lag free server? I actually buffed at my normal slower lag-inducted rate as I was that use to the delays :p

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Incidentally did anyone else find it weird logging on to a lag free server? I actually buffed at my normal slower lag-inducted rate as I was that use to the delays :p

Scary indeed.... :m00:

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm how long did we have bad lag? Not sure as I didn't play every day but 4-5 days I think. That's only a bit longer than pretty normal.

Day 1: Lag
Day 2: Still lag!!1one You need day 2 to realise it's really a problem, and not a hick-up
Day 3: Find what causes the lag, and find the solution
Day 4: Fix lag

Day 3 can take a few weeks longer if the problem isn't on your own network, and the people your network is connected to for outside-world access cba and are eating croissants and boursin all day.

Remember that GOA is a pretty small company, and thus probably (correct me if I'm wrong here :)) their bully factor is also small. Just remember what happened with Catas launch.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Nice to see the lag is (at last...and for now...) gone.

Now all GOA need to do is ensure Sporez is sterilised so he can never breed and we shall all rest easier.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was occasional bits of lag last week, I only noticed it really getting bad on sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom