Lag-Casting...

• Thread starter Brannor McThife
  • Start date
B

Brannor McThife

So help me God. If I ever see somebody in any realm, be you friend or foe, using lag casting [EDIT: This is also called Screenshot casting] to increase your range, cast uphill at a PK, or cast through a door, I will personally screenshot you and report you directly to Kemor/GOA

Of course, enjoy the bug while you can you lame ass cheating gits. After the patch you'll actually have to learn how to play fair...

<looks at other screen and sees someone who did it just now>

Oh look...there's someone now...

-G

O

old.Psi

Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine moan whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine moan whine whine moan whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine.

B

Brannor McThife

Typical Psi. Someone tries to make sure the game is played fair, and that's all you can say... You're probably one of them...

-G

O

old.Psi

I didn't even know this bug existed, and excuse me, but all your posts seem to be complaining about something? Me? I'm enjoying the game.

C

Cadire

Would you still enjoy it if you were repeatedly killed by someone using the above mentioned exploit?

O

old.Psi

Maybe not but I probably wouldn't come here and post about it, especially if it's being fixed after the patch as Brannor said.

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
I will personally screenshot you and report you directly to Kemor/GOA

-G

lol.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I will personally screenshot you and report you directly to Kemor/GOA

-G

And I thought Brannor had a henchman to do that..;)

But hey, he is right... way too many lamers exploiting bugs to gain an unfair edge they wouldn't normally have.

M

Meatballs

whats screenshot casting and where can we find more about it so we can do it plz brannor! :sleeping:

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Meatballs
whats screenshot casting and where can we find more about it so we can do it plz brannor! :sleeping:
Like screenshot jumping. Strange you don't know...since most Albs seemed to have used it at some stage in Lyonesse/Emain...

:flame:

-G

M

Meatballs

plus how can you know someone was lagging due to a screenshot, or due to latency or due to game lag from aoes blasting all over the place? :eek:

B

Brannor McThife

I don't. But GOA can probably check your location at cast times...and if it regularly shows that you "jumped" location at cast time, then that could be a pretty good indicator.

Hey, all I do is report what I believe to be cheating. GOA determines if it is and what happens after that.

-G

M

Meatballs

well if thats how ye enjoy yaself join a cs server and float around in spectator mode :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

GOA seems to be quite shyte at determining that lately, br4nn0r... :m00:

S

Solid

That would mean that You casting normally and hittign a Lag Ghost (someone who appears to be running towards you and in range then split second later disappear) is wrong as well?

I get this a lot, esp at keeps and MG, see a lag ghost run at me, cast from within range of the ghost and hit, then avatar warps back out of view, but the target takes damage. Whats that all about? legal? I did nothing wrong????

B

Brannor McThife

Solid. Nothing wrong with hitting a lag ghost. But deliberately causing yourself to lag-ghost to be able to gain some form of advantage is what IS wrong.

Uncle. heh...let's not go there... :m00:

Meatballs. Would be fun to be a GM and invisibly go watch random keep raids, then trans people to a void and question them then suspend them...oh wait...that's what ingame CS does... :m00:

;)

-G

M

Meatballs

i meant a counterstrike server not a customer service server :cool:

To be honest you probably trippled the population of people using thiexploit over the next few days until the patch, I had never heard of it before, first time I heard about screenshot jumping was through the camelotherald, and now i use it sucessfully when i get stuck in woodenpointysticks of milegate and cant get out without a /stuck which would be kinda suicidal as mids camp milegate 24 hours a day :clap:

Plus everyones gonna be complaining about other people using it ingame and spoiling their fun, IF people didn't know about aimbots in counterstrike, they would just think they got beaten by a good player and be happy :D << but as now everyone knows about them, whenever they die they immediately start to think omg he hax0red the game he ch34t0red, then they start accusing them of this and that :(

B

Brannor McThife

Yeah...miss the old SKILL days of CS. Who is it that has the sign out? Perplexed? About headshots? Can't remember it exactly...from ICQ...someone mind quoting it? Good words.

True. Most bugs we hear of come from the Herald because of the patch delay. But there are those which people find out themselves, and tell their friends, and those that they hear from the US players. Like, hmm...zone wall holes into Albion... :m00:

-G

S

SoulFly Amarok

Typical Psi. Someone tries to make sure the game is played fair, and that's all you can say... You're probably one of them...

-G

hahahah,, aahhahahahahaha
:sleeping:

O

old.Demerzel

cs was 50% skill 50% luck

quake on the other hand was about 90% skill :D

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by old.Demerzel
cs was 50% skill 50% luck

quake on the other hand was about 90% skill :D

Not really no.

Y

-yoda-

my cpu spec =
dial up 56k modem :(
AOL isp :(
500 mhz speed :(
shitty built in via gfx card :(

as you can prolly imagine i lag like fuck!!! my fps is awefull and IF i was to lag like that i wouldnt be cheating "i dont know if i do or not" cos its not intentional . lots of times ive died to this lag also due to myself running and then enemy inc at me and ive stopped still to nuke BUT my lag ghost is still fucking running off half way down emain thus i get the message "you have to stand still to cast" hence i die a lot cos of it .

there would be NO way imo to prove if somebody is in the same siuation as myself or they truely do abuse it and do it on purpose "btw this is 1st ive heard of this aparant bug" so before you go calling people lame ass cheating gits maybe u need to take into consideration that person might just have a mega shitty cpu like myself . hence ghosts galore ! dont get me wrong all cheats deserve to be banned . but i wouldnt like somebody to accuse me of cheating just because my cpu sucks ass .

D

Dook_Pug

Well done for publicising this exploit Brannor. LOL.

I had absolutely no idea this existed in the manner you described until I read this post. I'm sure many others are in the same boat as me and now know of this exploit.

Whoever said that the amount of people using this exploit will now triple is spot on.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

So now every player with lag is under suspicion of being a bug abuser? There more I think about it...

the implications...

Well done, Brannor:(

B

Brannor McThife

You misunderstand. I totally agree that lots of people lag. And you may ghost, and others ghost to you. What I'm saying is that if it happens in a specific situation, i.e. Jumping up a wall, or casting a spell, regularly, then there is case for investigation. We all know GOA is probably not going to investigate just about anything. And, if me posting this tells more people about the bug, hey, then perhaps it'll "level" the playing field.

What sickens me, is that there are those here that would defend people exploiting a bug, and at the same time say GOA doesn't do enough of X or Y.

You may get away with it today, you may get away with it tomorrow; the whole week; a month. But oneday you're going to try login and you'll get a "Account Suspended" pop-up. And then you'll whine like a 14-year old little boy of the injustice of it all.

:flame:

-G

M

Meatballs

goa dont need to do anything except work on the patches if its fixed in 1.52 :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well... just in case I was included in 'defending bug abusers/cheaters' - I despise cheaters just as much as you do, Brannor and if I see someone abusing a bug, I will point it out to said someone and if I see said someone doing it again, I will report him/her.

But in my opinion GOA fucked up hardcore with 'investigating' and 'acting accordingly' lately if I take what happened to you and others into consideration.

Can't say I trust their good judgement anymore.

N

Novamir

brannor aren't you the guy who mythic banned for 3 days for entering another realm? complaining about someone using exploits now? lol...

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Novamir
brannor aren't you the guy who mythic banned for 3 days for entering another realm? complaining about someone using exploits now? lol...

It's quite apparent you didn't even bother to read up on what happened or you wouldn't have made this comment.

Next time you feel the need to flame someone with the intention of impressing the masses, please, get your facts straight.

Kthxbye

B

Brannor McThife

Yeah, for one, it wasn't 3 days, it was 4.5 days. :p

-G

Users who are viewing this thread