[HELP] Lack of CS support

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Well the offical reporting system isnt working. When they do answer your emails the respond with an answer which has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
My son has been unable to authenticate his account now for 3 days. He is using a boxed version of the game which he authenticated on the 18th September. All went well till 3 days ago when the authentication server started to refuse him to log in. He has tried logging in at differnt times of the day and night - and on different computers - nothing works. We have emailed CS but the only email they have bothered to send is all to do with checking whenther the pc specs can run the game - nothing at all to do with their authentication servers. He ran the game in beta no problem on his pc and ran it from the 18th till 3 days ago. Now he cant get in at all. No explanation and no forth coming help.

Hes paying for a game he cant access. Magnusk can you help him please? I know there are others with authentication issues its got to be sorted fast.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Also if you are on Vista make sure you right click the WAR icon and use "Run as Administrator".
Don't run Vista myself but there seemed to be quite some authentication failed reports comming in at the beta from people not running WAR as admin.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate, and I didn't change anything to run as administrator. All I've done is simply install and play and everything works fine. Could be a Vista 32 issue.

saks

Fledgling Freddie
enter the box key from retail game again, sorted it for my friend.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Has he entered his retail key and received a validation email?

I guess if so he could try again, hope he gets it sorted

I seem to remember it was only around 3-4 days ago they announced any SE retail buyers had to upgrade their account to retail to avoid account closure.

Edit: reason i mention it is a guildy had a similar problem, he hadn't actually checked the email he received and assumed it was authenticated. As it happens he had put the code in wrong

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Ok to answer all the above questions -
he can log into the war-erope website
no he is not using vista
and I'll get him to try entering the code again now and see what happens.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Make sure he has the confirmation email, without it the game is not activated to that account. The code in the box is also fairly ambiguous, it took me 3 attempts to enter it correctly because the Z's and S's look like 2's and 5's.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
One bit of goonery I did the first time was use the wrong email address - it had been so long since I created the account I forgot I used a different one when originally creating my account with the WAR-Europe site. You don't get an error message on the website directly telling you its the wrong email address, you just get an authentication failed message, as you are reporting above.

Hope this helps :)

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Still no go. No email from either CS or any response email to our reregistering the code. It is appauling service. I thought that the administration side was supposed to have been sorted. My son is saying now all he has done is waste his money. 4 days lost so far.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Day 6 and still my son has no access. This is appauling that CS dont respond. And I doubt very much that they will give him back the lost time in extra free days. We are emailing them every day but they just dont respond.
we've regegistered his code - reinstalled the game - tried it on different pcs but nothing is happening. He can log into the website without problem so why cant they just get up and sort it out.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Day 6 and still my son has no access. This is appauling that CS dont respond. And I doubt very much that they will give him back the lost time in extra free days. We are emailing them every day but they just dont respond.
we've regegistered his code - reinstalled the game - tried it on different pcs but nothing is happening. He can log into the website without problem so why cant they just get up and sort it out.

It is appalling indeed, but outside GOA nobody can really help you, and frankly - my trust in GOA actually helping is on a very small place. They simply do not appear up to the task of lifting the workload of Warhammer - either they completely underestimated it, or they just f.ed up.

I'd complain to Mythic, but I'm not even sure they're interested in European players or money at this point, and that they could actually do anything if they were. It seems clear that GOA have a carte blanché to do as they please with the customer base of Europe.

Welcome to DAoC customer support part 2 and the world of second rate customers.

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Still no go. No email from either CS or any response email to our reregistering the code. It is appauling service. I thought that the administration side was supposed to have been sorted. My son is saying now all he has done is waste his money. 4 days lost so far.

So you did not get an confirmation email or even an Key already registered mail ? or wrong key ? on that reregistering ?

If so if I was you I would check the account settings email, if you use Gmail or hotmail accounts, it might have been cought in their spam filters.

Use the menu point Code of goa's home page when registering the key. You should have an email within 5-10 minutes.

You might have tried all the above and checked everything but please do it one more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom