lack of crowd control(CC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
hi, i got a invite to warhammer closed beta few days ago and started playing, ive gotten use to some things in the game that i didnt like at the first day but my main problem with the game is that there is almost no CC in WH and combat speed/animation is so slow its basicly just boring.

ive seen alot of daoc players around in the beta(thats why im posting in FH as im not intertested what the wow people think) and i would like to ask what you guys think, will this game ever be as fun as daoc was, with no CC there is almost no way to control if you will get zerged or not and not to mention if your group will able to kill the zerg cos without any CC its clearly impossible.(did i mention BW aoe dps sucks doneky balls).

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
i havent played DAOC so i cant comment in temrs of comparison. What i can say in no uncertain terms no CC is a good thing for a game with a focus on pvp. Getting locked down by someone and consequently killed is never fun.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Have fun being kicked out of beta for braking NDA.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
i havent played DAOC so i cant comment in temrs of comparison. What i can say in no uncertain terms no CC is a good thing for a game with a focus on pvp. Getting locked down by someone and consequently killed is never fun.

since you haven't played daoc, you should be more careful.
unlike the "lockdown" you prolly learned in wow, in daoc cc is much different.
you can get mezzed, rooted and stunned, but you get immunity for a while.
there are even ra that purge these effects or lessen the duration.

the cc in daoc has given the special flavor that makes fights interesting, in constract with wow mindless zerg rushes to bases.

the cc has impact on the classes as well

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
CC in DAoC made specific group set ups needed and everybody started running these fotm groups. It promoted cookie-cutter spec and *need to have* realm abilities and did nothing for diversity.
CC in DAoC was way too overpowered and poorly implemented and made the game all but impossible to ever balance.

Aada

Part of the furniture
CC in DAoC made specific group set ups needed and everybody started running these fotm groups. It promoted cookie-cutter spec and *need to have* realm abilities and did nothing for diversity.
CC in DAoC was way too overpowered and poorly implemented and made the game all but impossible to ever balance.

QFT.

It was always fun being mezzed and waiting for your turn for the train to come and smash you down.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
hi, i got a invite to warhammer closed beta few days ago and started playing, ive gotten use to some things in the game that i didnt like at the first day but my main problem with the game is that there is almost no CC in WH and combat speed/animation is so slow its basicly just boring.

ive seen alot of daoc players around in the beta(thats why im posting in FH as im not intertested what the wow people think) and i would like to ask what you guys think, will this game ever be as fun as daoc was, with no CC there is almost no way to control if you will get zerged or not and not to mention if your group will able to kill the zerg cos without any CC its clearly impossible.(did i mention BW aoe dps sucks doneky balls).

Ok, well...firstly read the NDA you have signed to enter the beta, you have breached it with this post, the place for this discussion would have been the closed beta boards where it could have been delivered as constructive criticism and debated amongst the testers, GOA and Mythic, this is not the place, nor the way to do this, congrats.

Secondly, why the hell would someone test a BETA for a few days, decide it sucks because it's not DAOC 2, then come here crying about it? You give yourself no credibility whatsoever and it makes you look like a troll, pure and simple.

You obviously have no idea how to conduct yourself in a beta and as such, the beta will be better off without you.

I'd love to produce a constructive response to the subject of your post btw, but im not allowed to breach the NDA :)

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
since you haven't played daoc, you should be more careful.
unlike the "lockdown" you prolly learned in wow, in daoc cc is much different.
you can get mezzed, rooted and stunned, but you get immunity for a while.
there are even ra that purge these effects or lessen the duration.

the cc in daoc has given the special flavor that makes fights interesting, in constract with wow mindless zerg rushes to bases.

the cc has impact on the classes as well
The Aim of CC is the same regardless of how its implemented wether its jamming ships in eve or faggy rogues in WoW the final result will work out the same. In DAOC you may have been "immune" for a few seconds while you were locked but are you honestly telling me as soon as that immunity wore off there wasnt a group of people there to kill you

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
The Aim of CC is the same regardless of how its implemented wether its jamming ships in eve or faggy rogues in WoW the final result will work out the same. In DAOC you may have been "immune" for a few seconds while you were locked but are you honestly telling me as soon as that immunity wore off there wasnt a group of people there to kill you

you obviously don't have any idea how cc worked in daoc.
its not so horrible as it sounds.
for example tanks could be unccable with the right ra, casters and support could be unccable as well with the right positioning
it is always a challenge to play briefly with less, or gain the upper hand when you are down

i suggest you watch through the eyes of a main cc class, there is a little movie available GameVee.com | Dark Age of Camelot Video | PC Video | random dyvet footage

even with lack of cc, grps in war will find tactics to interupt support, kite tanks etc.

if war ends up a ffa rocket arena, i will be very disappointed

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Took a long time to get daoc CC right , At start of daoc CC ruined things most of the time. Its a process of trial and error and modification till you find the balance and that takes a long time:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom