LA spd for my zerker

Drew

Fledgling Freddie
Is it better for the speed to have a 2.4spd in left hand or can i have a 2.9 spd and it wont make any diffrence? should i use 2.4 or 2.9 spd whats your opinion?

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
It's better to use a Double-bladed axe in your left hand (4,2 spd., if I recall correctly) and a hand axe (or was it weighted bearded axe?) in your right hand, 2,4 or ,6 spd., respectively. I read an extensive test done with various axe speeds, and the conclusion was that a DB axe for main hand and an HA (or, was it WB axe, heh) for offhand would give you the best dmg over time.

LA mechanics mean that your swing speed will be an average of both your axes, so in order to not hit like a gimp (or, hit like a bigger gimp, post-nerf slip), you'll want a heavy, slow axe in your main hand to do the highest damage with the axe that are taking advantage of growth rates, and a very fast axe for your off hand to make your main hand swing faster.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better, and include some nifty numbers to prove the fact, but I think I got through the basics. :)

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Groborthir said:
It's better to use a Double-bladed axe in your left hand (4,2 spd., if I recall correctly) and a hand axe (or was it weighted bearded axe?) in your right hand, 2,4 or ,6 spd., respectively. I read an extensive test done with various axe speeds, and the conclusion was that a DB axe for main hand and an HA (or, was it WB axe, heh) for offhand would give you the best dmg over time.

LA mechanics mean that your swing speed will be an average of both your axes, so in order to not hit like a gimp (or, hit like a bigger gimp, post-nerf slip), you'll want a heavy, slow axe in your main hand to do the highest damage with the axe that are taking advantage of growth rates, and a very fast axe for your off hand to make your main hand swing faster.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better, and include some nifty numbers to prove the fact, but I think I got through the basics. :)

One correction... Right hand is the main hand, but appears on the left side of the equipment mini window. Put the big axe in your main hand and the little one in your off hand. As for whether to use a hand axe or WB axe, WB arcanium is level 51 so go for that when you hit 50. Hope that helps you. :cool:

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
I would use the wba as off hand since with the nerfs to zerkers ae bigger part of our dmg is basedmg, so the axe with hihger dps is usefull

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If you are a zerk with capped qui and have an aug specced healer which gives haste if i remember(long time since i quit mid :p ) then go with 2x4 spd 16.5dps cleavers maybe?

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
haste from buffs/qui has nothing to do with the LA haste effect
to explain it shortly your actual swing speed is based on the average speed of your two weapons while the style bonus is based on the mainhand speed.

lets say you use a spd 4.0 weapon in mainhand and speed 3.0 in offhand, the style bonus will be based on the 4.0 spd, but your actual swing speed will be 3.5 (very simplified)

in short, the bigger the difference in speed between your two weapons, the bigger the style bonus, so dbl. axe and hand axe is the best in this aspect. But as makwaerk said, after LA style damage got nerfed basedamage is more important, and as the hand axe is only lvl 46 it might be a better choice to go for a weighted bearded axe in offhand, that besides higher basedamage gives more imbue points to juggle around with, which is also the reason people get a cleaver in mainhand instead of dbl. axe. That wont be a problem in 1.65 though (sheduled to come next week) as you'll be able to get a crafted lvl 51 spd 4.2 axe then.

but mostly it's a matter of taste, do you want the extra imbue points and higher basedamage instead of the higher styledamage ?

PS. in theory, a full bar of end will give the same style damage no matter which speed weapons you use. But slow main/fast offhand will deliver this damage much faster. And with end regen where you never run out of end, slow main/fast offhand will do way more damage than the other way around

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Mikal said:
PS. in theory, a full bar of end will give the same style damage no matter which speed weapons you use. But slow main/fast offhand will deliver this damage much faster. And with end regen where you never run out of end, slow main/fast offhand will do way more damage than the other way around
Actually that is not entirely true. The slower the weapon, the more style damage can be done per endurance.

The reason is, that the endurance spend is based on a formular like this:
(SPD + 1) x MOD
... where MOD is an integer from 1-4. 1 being a low end use, 4 very high end use... fill in the rest.
I can't remember that formula excactly, but the problem is the + 1 to the SPD (Delay of weapon) ... which makes end use of slower weapons lower compared to quick weapons. This ofcourse, doesn't take into account the opponents defenses and thus missed styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom