la rent!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i pay £168 a month rent and then £40 bills etc, really nice house but have had to bust our landlords ass at start of tenancy as had done a crap job on de-fumigating (think thats the word?) after hallway was flooded in summer so still had pretty bad damp in the walls, also the boiler didnt work at all for our first month but its all good now and he's installing double glazing for us in the next few months so can save on bills!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I pay, let me figure this out, 140 pounds for a 28,5m3 single room apartment with own kitchen and bathroom.
Free 100mbit internet (or, cost registration fee of 1 pound a month, but that is as good as free) and water is included in rent.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Thorwyn[B&Q] again. You make me laugh mate haha.

OT:
Sounds like you really need to find a new place Ez... I would be sitting all night in a corner just waiting for the bugs to appear.
Me and my roommate pay around 175£ a month each for a 92 m2 flat. That is one bed room each, a living room, kitchen and a bathroom. You and b2 are welcome to borrow the living room untill you find yourself something better hehe - or atleast a solution of some sort.

Mephz

Banned
Depends where I am, but about £110 per month (Home) or up to £500 pcm, use to be £1k per month for a 3 bedroom semi house down south.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Maggots in the bed - that is foul

Well, we own rather than rent, but am not going to disclose any figures here

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i pay 0, for that i do my own laundry, and cook when im hungry (when my dad doesnt cook). get a basement for myself which is freezing but with own bath/toilet. basement has 2 rooms and seperate exit <3.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
to be fair twas only one magot...and it was the one in the bottom of my water glass that really made my eyes cross.

but its great therapy i mean i used to get really grossed out by them now i just go Meh, get outta here!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Chanes are there are a few holes in the walls, or gaps in the woodwork somewhere. Check were your food is kept, if there are any nesting in/near it, then get the hell out asap. Is it council accomidations?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe i sealed all the gaps round the cupbord with bathroom sillicone (same stuff i used on the windows) because we had an infestation of little beetles (i examined them and they seem to be weevils of some kind) about this big ---> .

I got a letter through the door from one of the neighbours today, theyve all clubbed together and gone to the council who are going to send an inspector round...lets just hope they dont tell the land lord he has to do $$$ work and he decided its cheaper to demolish the place...or put our rents up.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
£450pcm in Manchester currently gets you a 2 or 3 bedroom terraced house with a small rear garden. A couple of years ago it would have got you a nice semi-detached but house prices have been insane here since about 2004.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
chodax, you heard of that nile housing block in manchester?

my mate was renting an appartment there, was aout £750 a month!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
£750 a month! Holy shit man, that place isn't worth that much. I'm just north of manchester, and rents here are stupid. 2 bed flat here is about £300 a month, but its a shit hole and the neighbours are 50% druggies, 30% general scum.

Mind you, since they knocked down about 2000 homes here, there's a housing shortage, due to the fact the builders ripped off the council, who can't afford to pay for the new homes to be built on the cleared land.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
chodax, you heard of that nile housing block in manchester?

my mate was renting an appartment there, was aout £750 a month!

Can't say I have but fuck me, £750 a month is decent mortgage money. Looking at £130,000-£150,000 house for that. Anyone paying that kind of rent is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom