la rent!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
its an invasion of privacy!!

no im not a secret celeb being zerged by the media...

its worse, much worse than that!

no i dont have a stalker either, shhh will you and let me say it!

ok so we get bugs in our house (no, not him i mean bug bugs, insects) go take a bath and youll find a centipede scuttling about in the tub, go for a pee int he middle of the night and you have to turn on the lights cos if you dont youll end up with something worse than toejam... youll get a slug betwixt your toes...or worse (i found one crawling over the loo seat once).

then we get the usual, spiders, moths, pea bugs, silverfish and mosquitoes but now its gotten worse!

fucking magots!!!!

i was in bed the other night and saw something odd on the bed spread, a fucking maggot! was taking a drink of water earlier in the week looked in the glass and theres a maggot wallowing about on the bottom of the glass (on the inside people!) ok maybe this didnt bother me as much as it could have because i used to drink tequila and those tequila worms can me bloody big but still, yuk tbh! then this morning i look on the floor and im like wtf????

couldnt quite make out what it was then i got in for a closer look and theres a spider...with a maggot in its gob!

seriously i mean theres only so much of this a gal can take, we had mushrooms growing under our bathroom sink last year (ask mikah, i named it jeffrey) and i have to keep a mop in the kitchen...not unusual?

its to mop the ceiling with!!

this place is cold, damn, moldy and bug infested but for £475 pcm for a 2 bed flat its the only thing we can afford.

so (and yes im aware many of you still live at home) how much rent do you pay for your place and is it worth it?

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
aww jefferey:p
well sounds a bit of a pit:p
my house is £270 a month but student house, still...my friend works in bristol and pays about £450 a month so does his 1 flatmate and their flat is amazing and modern
just goto look on websites at different ones tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The following remedy works for most/all items you've described:
miele_luna_s4580_canister_vacuum_cleaner.jpg

ajax.jpg

337-Bugbomb.jpg

Or like my mother said: "Well, it helps if you clean atleast once a year."

When maggots are in your bed, it's no longer an "partment" issue really.

Marc

FH is my second home
For £475 per calender month, you can get a 3 bed semi up where I live

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yah i asked whats comparative rents in other areas not hygene tips you cheeky fille o fish!

we do clean the place its just got holes in the floor and walls and i dont even want to think where it leads behind the bath panel...there may be a dead body :(

but i didnt have anything to do with that one tbh.

so whats the rent like in seel land?

because in bournemouth this is what you get for £475, you wont find anything cheaper with as much space (lol and thats a joke tis a shoe box!)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye, but had to say it. Bug bombs work wonders though, then jsut mob 'em up and plug the holes with "equipment".

so whats the rent like in seel land?

because in bournemouth this is what you get for £475, you wont find anything cheaper with as much space (lol and thats a joke tis a shoe box!)

You don't want to know. You'd cry.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
As far as I know, the average prices for housing in finland is pretty ok. But then...

Iglu.jpg
spoiler%5D

:D

Mey

Part of the furniture
I live with four peeps paying around £3000 a year each (its not a full year, uni year).

The house is tiny, cold, paper thin walls, 2 single bedrooms, 2 double bedrooms, 1 shower, 1 toilet room, a living room come kitchen. Thats about it. So not living here next year! Studio flat here i come!

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Report it to your landlord, sounds like you need to point up gaps and crevises,and if he don't do nothing about it do it yourself:) dam if seen what you have seen I would rather live in a tent and bathe in a river:( for 475pcm were I live you could rent a castle for that

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
It really sounds like something your landlord should fix, Ez. Just make sure you have the place clean and as proper as it can be, before having them over to inspect. :)

As for rents.. I live in an 42 squaremeter flat, costing 5000skr (I think that makes around 386 British pounds), but for that i get top class service, top class neighbourhood (it's got this vacation bungalow feel to it) and no bugs even though we live on the bottom floor with a terrace. :)

I should add that this is in a 500,000 people city. I'm sure rents depend a lot on such things as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We pay £450 pcm for a 2 bed stone cottage, oak beams, nice open fire place etc, arga in the kitchen etc. we had slugs in the kitchen once but they came under the front door which is understandable, the door cannot be replaced as its a listed street, wouldn't want to, having a stable door (can have just the top half open) is great in the summer. get fuck loads of spiders too, massive ones, the type that knock furniture over!

The last place we had down south was awful, had mould on the cealing in the bedroom and damp in the lounge, when we moved in they just painted over the problems so the re-appeared within a couple of months. That was down south in surrey, we paid £650 a month for that dump.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
living somewhere like that can be dangerous for your health. especially if you have black fluff growing, if you disturb it and it gets in your lungs, look forward to hospital. if your land lord aint fixing it, theyre breaking the law afaik.

soze

I am a FH squatter
£400 a month for me but for that i get food when i get home and my clothes go from the dirty washing place though this cycle and end up iorned in my Wardrobe. Living on your own is for chumps.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some ppl hate spiders, some others snakes, me? I fucking hate MAGOTS!!!!!1
Maggots give me the shivers tbfh, when i see the typical odd image you can find in the movies of magots crawling out of rotten stuff it makes me pucke.

FUCKING MAGOTS :twak:

CabbageFlyMaggots.jpg

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i *used* to pay £750 pcm for a 3 bedroom massive house. it was well worth it apart from the people i lived with! hence, moved back home to save up money and go to australia to see my bestest friend.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
its an invasion of privacy!!

no im not a secret celeb being zerged by the media...

its worse, much worse than that!

no i dont have a stalker either, shhh will you and let me say it!

ok so we get bugs in our house (no, not him i mean bug bugs, insects) go take a bath and youll find a centipede scuttling about in the tub, go for a pee int he middle of the night and you have to turn on the lights cos if you dont youll end up with something worse than toejam... youll get a slug betwixt your toes...or worse (i found one crawling over the loo seat once).

then we get the usual, spiders, moths, pea bugs, silverfish and mosquitoes but now its gotten worse!

fucking magots!!!!

i was in bed the other night and saw something odd on the bed spread, a fucking maggot! was taking a drink of water earlier in the week looked in the glass and theres a maggot wallowing about on the bottom of the glass (on the inside people!) ok maybe this didnt bother me as much as it could have because i used to drink tequila and those tequila worms can me bloody big but still, yuk tbh! then this morning i look on the floor and im like wtf????

couldnt quite make out what it was then i got in for a closer look and theres a spider...with a maggot in its gob!

seriously i mean theres only so much of this a gal can take, we had mushrooms growing under our bathroom sink last year (ask mikah, i named it jeffrey) and i have to keep a mop in the kitchen...not unusual?

its to mop the ceiling with!!

this place is cold, damn, moldy and bug infested but for £475 pcm for a 2 bed flat its the only thing we can afford.

so (and yes im aware many of you still live at home) how much rent do you pay for your place and is it worth it?

Refuse to pay the rent, but of course leave it in the bank. Then show the landlord the statements and tell him you will not pay the rent until that stuff is sorted. I am sure he will get his arse into gear when he's not getting the rent and knowing why.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ezteq you pay that rent to sleep IN the house, not outside in the garden silly

Strouden

Loyal Freddie
Alas Bournemouth is extremely expensive for rented accomodation but as stated seek out the management company for the flat/s and get it sorted.

I dont supppose by any chance its a property belonging to a bloke called Wells?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol you know the area then?

no its not dave "i'll be sendin the boys round" wells. the letting agents dont actually own the place and the guy that does is just renting it out till it collapses round the tennants ears. We are going to ask if maybe we could get some double glazing...or at least new window frames that arnt rotten but at the same time doing this could be shooting ourselves in the foot i.e. better condition = more rent.

I did manage to seal up the holes i could find with bathroom sillicone sealant and we stripped the kitchen and painted it with anti mould stuff (because they'd just painted over the walls...nice1 lads) so its not like im sat here moaning about it and not doing anything at the same time.

Raven i am sooo damn jelous of you! i want a stone cottage tbh! and Levin...can i come live with you pls?

hopefully this year we'll be able to get a mortgage, i was just interested to see how mych the average FH:OT'er was paying in rent and if its worth it.

and yes, most bugs pfft dont worry me at all but maggots, man i fucking hate maggots!

Strouden

Loyal Freddie
Yep, kind of know the area. I am a rarity as in I am born and bred and still living there :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh where abouts do you live? near castle point by the name eh? lol

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol aye just call me miss marbles...(marples is a copywrite infringement)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Raven i am sooo damn jelous of you! i want a stone cottage tbh! and Levin...can i come live with you pls?

Sure you can :p

Though it has its down sides, its right next door to the village pub so chucking out time, which can be anywhere between 11 and 3 in the morning can be noisy and our garden is basically the pub garden so you always have people walking past the kitchen window.

Plenty of places in the midlands that are very affordable, its the reason I moved back home from the south :) We are planning on buying one of my mum's houses in the village in June, or if our landlord who is a family friend, wants to sell our place buying it from him (he is thinking selling it)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aww i dream of a cottage in a village (preferably like in hot fuzz where its all perfect and everyone has guns lol) i'll swap you! hay people pay thousands for a safari...well you can have a mini beast safari right here!

all the maggots you can eat!

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
£700 per mumf
1 bedroom flat.
We were gonna get a cat but had no room to swing it :(

:p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
holy cow coll where do you live, knightsbridge???

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
LOL nope south east london and the rent is due for an increase soon not changed for 3 years nearly :/

nerf em imo they should just givf meh teh place and i will let em use my name in advertz :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*puts on best most dumplinified dorset accent*

cor, it dont be cheap livin up in that there london eh!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
My old flat was £375 a month and was pretty tiny but in fair nick

i now rent a room up north for £195 a month inculding all bills except electric that is on a pound operated meter, its no a huge room but room enough for me and my stuff, the house is OLD but at this price i dont complain, everything works (most of the time) and i even have a sink in my room that is great for puropses mastorbatory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom