Games L.A. Noire - Leaked First 14 Minutes

Starman

Part of the furniture
So Friday the Guardian posted a review of L.A. Noire which was very quickly pulled due to an embargo but you can find a cached copy here.

Today we have someone originally posting on YouTube which was removed the first 14 minutes of gameplay from what I believe is the PS3 version.

Thankfully someone mirrored it - LA Noire First Gameplay | JungleGamer

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Leaked" you mean :p

It's becoming blatantly obvious that these are really rather nice PR stunts.

No freddy, it's not "page ranking" stunts :eek:

Starman

Part of the furniture
Who knows if its PR or not still I was already going to buy it so its done nothing for me :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Lots of talking, little shooting/fighting - will probably give it a miss.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
giantbomb on xbox vs ps3

For those contemplating which version to get Giant Bomb wrote the following in their review, "Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online)."

Yaka

Part of the furniture
been waiting on this a while now, tho didnt know the guy behind the getaway on ps2 is behind this game.

should be fun

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mine arrived yesturday but atm enjoying playing brink with old clan buddies so might hold off

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So how many of you have played this game yet? Been playing it a fair bit since it came out, trying to take my time though, loving it so far :D I'm assuming you do anyway Starmie, since that's all you seem to be playing lately, and frequently :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
not had the chance to install it yet, work sux

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Play.com tell me they posted it to me last Tuesday, still not received it. Unimpressed.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
play send stuff out 2nd class some times and most of the times things go missing takes fucking months for a refund . ive preety much stopped using them now

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Really Yaka? I'll probably not bother with them in future then.

My copy finally turned up yesterday. I like the look of the game and the idea of the game but it does have some big flaws. On my very first mission (after the introduction) I fell through a hole in the world and had to restart.

Plus I'm not convinced that the detective part of the game works, or will work, very well. Trying to tell if a character is lying from the way they are animated is a bit lame tbh.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It does seem a bit hit and miss, generally though if they keep breaking eye contact even after they finish speaking, they're probably lying. Hopefully you'll have something to prove it, if not, doubt works wonders.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I will be honest, i am getting a little bored of it :/
Maybe i will put it down and try again later

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Yeah, it isn't all that. I will play on a bit here and there to follow the storyline but as a game .... Zzzz. Heavy Rain 2.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
not sure if anyones bothered bothered but LA noire novels are free on online bookstores like stanza/ibooks/amazon kindle

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Well I finished it the other day, bloody loved it. Some missions did drag on a bit and seemed like unnecessary padding just to lengthen the game, but had it not been for them the twists wouldn't have been so strong.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gonna give this a go when I get some time off work, hearing good things.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
peh this or infamous 2 which got delivered today. i hate it when i end up piling up games to play later on

Turamber

Part of the furniture
peh this or infamous 2 which got delivered today. i hate it when i end up piling up games to play later on

Loved the first Infamous - how does the second one play? I've not picked up LA Noire to play since I wrote my previous comment on this thread, really not my cup of tea sadly ^

Yaka

Part of the furniture
not pld the first one since i lent to a firend and he lost the disc, i dont think i had much longer to finish it. so gonna play the freebie off psn first. tho tempted to play la noire thru first.

damn shame i dont time to play thru games like a few years ago. hate stacking games.:/

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Part exchanged mine to the local videogame shop. Couldn't feel any pull to play it after my initial session so picked up something much more fun - "Brink".

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyone think it's worth buying this on PC with all the dlc included? It's £35 quid though, could just get the ps3 or xbrick version for £18.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thought u weren't buying any more xbrick games after gears three hehe .. I got this on pc just cause I prefer gaming on it ... Otherwise I don't think there is any difference . Good game so far tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom