Léon 2?

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
According to Ananova, Natalie Portman is considering starring in a sequel to Léon.

Thoughts? I'd be very interested to see how this pans out...

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
That, my young friend, is why I am so interested...

(P.S. SPOILAR!!!11)

mank!

Part of the furniture
ooh. I assume the film would be about Mathilda being a hit(wo)man, or something.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I think Léon should be left as it is. I'm not hugely keen on the idea of a sequel, but I'm prepared to accept that Besson may well be able to pull off something extraordinary and make the sequel match up to the original.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
dysfunction said:
But Leon died in the last film!
You never actually see him dead tho do you? So he could have escaped!!! Or something equally as lame. If they do a sequel I imagine the sequel is about mathilda being the hitwoman, or fighting for vengeance or something. Meh, no need for a sequel really tho. Besson is good tho, so i'll give it a chance.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
er no, hes dead. And you see him dead. Proper dead like.

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
I loved the orginal so i am excited about the sequal but i am affraid they will just screw it up. Almost all sequals are shit compared to the original (with a few exceptions T2 and alien 2 for example).

mank!

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
er no, hes dead. And you see him dead. Proper dead like.

When? You see him nearly dead, then the grenade goes off so yeah - he's probably very very dead but I don't recall seeing him proper dead unless it's in the uncut version?

They've left plenty of time between the original and the possibility of the sequel, so it should be very different. I imagine as it'll focus on Mathilda more it might even be released as a seperate film based on her adult character perhaps.

NiteFall

Fledgling Freddie
This has been kicking around in production hell for absolutely ages now. Apparently if/when it gets made it'll be the story of the now grown-up Matilde as a professional killer. Of course, seeing as how AvP the movie is now being made, it appears that there may be hope for all those projects languishing in development hell yet.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Your memory has failed you. He gets shot in the head, Oldman leans over, theres a bit of banter, and then Leon grabs his hand and says:

"Zis.......is frwom.........Ma..thil..da.."

Then he slumps, and dies. Oldman opens Leon's hand, and sees the pin. Then, he opens Leon's jacket, and sees half a dozen grenades. He says 'shit', and literally 2 seconds later there is a huge explosion.

Therefore, Leon = dead.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Personally, if they do the sequel, I'd be very disappointed if Mathilda was an assassin, like Leon. Part of the message from the film (I thought) was that these two people, both missing something from their lives, found in eachother a form of support that elevated their sorrow beyond the reach of those around them. A common theme in all of Besson's films is the main character being child-like. In Leon, I always saw Leon as the child, and Mathilda as the adult. For a sequel to work, Mathilda would in effect, be regressing, and I just can't see her character ever doing that. Shes much too strong.

If a sequel was in the works, I'd much rather it be for La Femme Nikita, which truly is an awesome film.

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Jean Reno made the film what it was, And since he died in the original then they really shouldnt do a follow up as it simply wont live up to it.

Dont know why they cant just leave good films well alone...I mean it looks like we're even going to have a goonies 2 :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
OMG FREE CHUNK!

BTW, the guy who played the big strong retarded fellow died some years ago didn't he? I read that the orc in ROTK who commands the battlefield was made to look like the Goonies fella, as a favour to Sean Astin.

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah john matuszak who played sloth died of aids in the late 80s :/.
As far as i understand it goonies 2 is supposed to feature mostve the original cast and some new goonies or something.
Cant see it working out myself, After all how can it even come close to the greatness of the original film :)

Going off topic though kindve so ill shutup now, just dont really like unneeded followups to great films.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Your memory has failed you. He gets shot in the head, Oldman leans over, theres a bit of banter, and then Leon grabs his hand and says:

"Zis.......is frwom.........Ma..thil..da.."

Then he slumps, and dies. Oldman opens Leon's hand, and sees the pin. Then, he opens Leon's jacket, and sees half a dozen grenades. He says 'shit', and literally 2 seconds later there is a huge explosion.

Therefore, Leon = dead.

Ah yes, of course. I forgot he died just before the grenade went off.

Tom said:
Personally, if they do the sequel, I'd be very disappointed if Mathilda was an assassin, like Leon. Part of the message from the film (I thought) was that these two people, both missing something from their lives, found in eachother a form of support that elevated their sorrow beyond the reach of those around them. A common theme in all of Besson's films is the main character being child-like. In Leon, I always saw Leon as the child, and Mathilda as the adult. For a sequel to work, Mathilda would in effect, be regressing, and I just can't see her character ever doing that. Shes much too strong.

If a sequel was in the works, I'd much rather it be for La Femme Nikita, which truly is an awesome film.

Very good point, but Mathilda never did get her revenge and as such she may have been fuelled by that in later life. It would be interesting to see what the plot is regardless of whether the film gets made or not.

I saw Nikita the other night, very good film. Jean Reno's character is great.

D

Deadmanwalking

Tom said:

And who said we watched films to be entertained.

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
A prequel could be good showing how leon came to be doing the job that he ends up doing but a sequel would just be shit.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
We already know how he came to be an assassin, that much is explained in the director's cut.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Can I add that nikita was boring as hell and the acting was abysmal? You don't have to pretend to like it just because it has teh subtitles.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
mank said:
When? You see him nearly dead, then the grenade goes off so yeah - he's probably very very dead but I don't recall seeing him proper dead unless it's in the uncut version?

They've left plenty of time between the original and the possibility of the sequel, so it should be very different. I imagine as it'll focus on Mathilda more it might even be released as a seperate film based on her adult character perhaps.

Completely unrelated. I've just noticed how much the guy in your avatar looks like Justin Timberland. I know it's Morissey, but at first I was positive it was JT. Must be the hat.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Bodhi said:
Completely unrelated. I've just noticed how much the guy in your avatar looks like Justin Timberland. I know it's Morissey, but at first I was positive it was JT. Must be the hat.

Timberlake ffs.

Cry me a river.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
leggy said:
Can I add that nikita was boring as hell and the acting was abysmal? You don't have to pretend to like it just because it has teh subtitles.

Its got nothing to do with subtitles, and everything to do with suspense. Its beautifully shot, and very well acted.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tom said:
Its got nothing to do with subtitles, and everything to do with suspense. Its beautifully shot, and very well acted.

Beautifully shot? You must have seen a different version to me then.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What qualifies as beautifully shot to you then? How about the opening sequence, the dramatic colours? How about the first meeting between Nikita and Bob? The way the camera cuts around the room, with total disregard for any of the usual 'crossing the line' rules? What about the gorgeous restaurant? The bit in the bathroom where she has to shoot the woman? What about the whole bit with The Cleaner in the Embassy building?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'll watch it again and let you know.

I aer thy grumpy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom