Kraken/Levi raid

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
Would there be any intrest in starting such raids ?

Cant remember which patch they are going to cluster those zones ..
if they havent clusterd them yet we'll be doing those epic monsters on both servers!

If there are more then 16 ppl intrested i guess i can work out some sort of lotto system .. Ill read up on tictax if there are so positiv feedback!

Jens

Fledgling Freddie
if the day and time suits, sure I'd be interested :D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
would be interested to come on valk

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Ooh ooh ooh I'm also interested! But it depends on the time and date as I work shifts.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
I would be interested.

Skald or Shammer....all with the usual tricks and abilities

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
From what ive read it can be done with a fg +bb's .. both encounters ..

So it would be like:
warlock/supsm
Healer
healer
Shieldtank
pbt runi
lighttank
lighttank/thane/valk
lighttank/thane/valk

(And the bb's)

So if we could form a grp like that and a second grp with:
Shaman
healer
and 6 dmg dealers it should be a breeze

If we can do it on both servers there should be atleast one piece of loot for every1

Jens

Fledgling Freddie
now we just need to find a date for this :D I personally would prefer week nights. As I usualy aint home for specific times in the weekends. But it's your call ofc :D When/if the raids gonna go, I'll sign up with either full PVE bonus warrior Lamkran or with supp SM Morkym

-Jens

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
From what ive read it can be done with a fg +bb's .. both encounters ..

So it would be like:
warlock/supsm
Healer
healer
Shieldtank
pbt runi
lighttank
lighttank/thane/valk
lighttank/thane/valk

I don't want to be rude but I would say from my somewhat limited experience with these encounters this is rubbish. Tank groups just don't work against Kraken because he can grapple about 4 people at once. Both of them can FZ people away. The to hit code for these mobs doesn't change as you increase attackers although they are quite low level for resist purposes so debuff nukes should land alot and hit for over 200.

Some suggestions:

Kraken and Leviathan are very different encounters, if you want to manage to kill them with around a fg of active players then you need different setups. When you kill them they drop 3 pieces of loot. What they drop seems to be random however assume you will get 1 nice drop and 2 ok drops each time.

Both mobs also have some inbuilt code that prevents them from dropping loot if there are people who killed them that they can't attack. This however seems buggy, some people haven't got loot and don't know why, others have got loot and have been standing on and island healing away.....

To kill Kraken:
The best way to kill Kraken is with debuff nuking. So you want a runie with 48 RC. The runie can also nearsight Kraken so his range attack is alot less effective. You then want 4 (sm or dark RM, a high realm rank bd or rm would probably be ok too just using the base nuke) spec cold nukers. It really does help if they are decent rr with some passive abilities and power regen charges, power pots and a power mythrian. You want 3 healers to "pull" and hold agro. If your nukers are doing their job the fight should only last about 1 minute so as long as the healers have their insta up and a few DI etc you should be fine. You will need a few buff bots out of group.

To Kill Leviathan:
Easiest way is with ML9 pets. I don't know what sm pets would be best for this now they can charm stuff. But 3-4 fully buffed ML9 pets with damage add and celerity from an aug healer should be able to take Leviathan down without too much difficutly. Have a few healers and then a supp sm/warlock with a shield tank guarding him. AE damage is extremely useful to kill the parasites but you can also CC and nuke them down normally, as they are only yellow con. Casters can nuke leviathan but be careful to not get agro as he hit extremely hard and pbt will often get broken by a parasite first. This fight will take longer but as long as you keep the ML9 pets alive and keep killing the parasites you should be fine.

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Looking forward to it, and hoping you pick a date when I'm not working .. :)

I have a vstiety of alts I can bring - will wait for posted date to think more about which one

Lueclin

Fledgling Freddie
well im to tired to read all the posts of 20 houres of work but nm what you decide whit i can bring rr8 aug healer ( ml6 ), rr5L4 warrior ( ml10 ), rr7L9 dark sm ( ml10 ) or rr5 Bonedancer ( ml9 ). All ofc fully templatet to the max. just give me a time i can most likely be there every week day but not weekends.

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
For the sake of midgard lets say u lead the Krakenraids then cadelin:ninja:

Since my plan was mainly to fix some levi loot for midgard, but if u have 14-16 players u might aswell giv the other epic mob a go, dont we agree ?

So u write a list of needed chars for kraken and ill see what i can sort for yah that day! What shall we say monday the 18th for the first combined raid ?!

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
can come with zerk skald healer(aug) wl rm(48 rc). just pick what u want. :>

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
For the sake of midgard lets say u lead the Krakenraids then cadelin:ninja:

Since my plan was mainly to fix some levi loot for midgard, but if u have 14-16 players u might aswell giv the other epic mob a go, dont we agree ?

So u write a list of needed chars for kraken and ill see what i can sort for yah that day! What shall we say monday the 18th for the first combined raid ?!

Well I have tried to arrange FFA raids before when Kraken+Levi were first introduced but there was little response, so I gave up. I have also taken part in some 1fg raids to kill kraken.

So how about this for a raid suggestion:

12 man double Kraken + Levi raid.
The aim of the raid is to kill Kraken + Leviathan on both servers on the cluster. Each mob drops 3 pieces of loot so that will be 12 drops - 1 each. There will be a /random 100 highest goes first to decide in what order you pick your loot.

Setup, there will be 12 active players although we will need some extra bots to buff everything including the pets. It will also be necessary to switch around the players in the groups for the different fights.

Group 1:
Pac Healer:
Aug Healer:
Healer:
Shaman:
(ML9+) Dark SM:
(ML9+) Dark SM:
(ML9+) Dark SM:
Dark Runie:

Group 2:
Warrior:
(ML9+) Supp SM:
Supp Runie:
(48 RC) Runie:
4x bot.

Not entirely sure on the group setups, but the idea is that against Kraken you have the healers all in the same group to hold agro while the massive caster assist train nukes the crap out of him with 50% debuffed cold nukes. The Supp SM will be there to nearsight Kraken to prevent him using his ranged attacks so much.

For Leviathan we will want all the ML9 pets in the same group as the aug healer and dark runie so the pets can get celerity and damage add. We can then have some kind of pbaoe box with the warrior and supp sm, we can move a healer into that group too.

I am not sure what are the best mobs to charm in meso but Leviathan roams alot so he must pass some good mobs! We want everyone to be in decent gear and hopefully with some useful realm abilities and this should go smoothly and should be easily doable in under 2 hours. I do however suspect as with most raids on low pop servers, if someone doesn't turn up it screws things up when looking for replacements. :(

Unfortunately the 18th of June is a bad night for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom