Sport KP and Moores gone

Uara

Part of the furniture
Topic on Cricket, if your going to slag cricket off not appreciated :p
So Pietersen and most likely Moores have now left the building with regard to the captaincy and coaching position respectively. I'm at a loss with whats going to happen now--->I'm worried that KP is going to bugger off and throw his toys out of the pram so to speak because he didnt get his own way and stop playing for england, hopefully he won't but the danger is there.

Then there's the problem of the next Captain, probably end up being Strauss but unfortunately I don't really see him as being aggressive enough for my liking and his form can be incredibly precarious, but there doesnt seem to be enough certain players in the team to have a clear-cut captain---->Bell(Yes Aoami even Bell isn't safe),Collingwood,Harmison,Anderson,Panesar they're all not really secure in the team after some of the way they've palyed recently. Freddie well we all saw what happened when he was made captain and Cook, Cook I'm not sure about.

Coach wise, i'm not sure many coaches will be willing to step into this position anytime soon, similar to the manager position in NUFC its a bit like a poisoned chalice it will drag u down. Especially if KP remains in the team!!

Anyway, my little spiel over, any other cricket fans out there with a thought??

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And these reports have now been denied. The rumour mill keeps on turning.

Marc

FH is my second home
So is all this hu hah down to KP not liking the coaches?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
they have been on a downward slope for a while now tbh so its not really a new thing,
Pietersen while a good player seems to have let it get to his head and lost all perspective, but then the English media tend to buld people up regardless what the sport is
Maybe a change will be a good thing, you never really know who is in the sidelines until the main person leaves, i hope they dont elect Cook though i cant see him being captain material tbh

Uara

Part of the furniture
And these reports have now been denied. The rumour mill keeps on turning.

I dunno Ch3t most (not all sites-ECB site has nothing yet) sites seem to be going with KP having left, Moores ok seems to be a bit more of a grey area.

Mark-->Yeah KP and Moores didnt really get on and they had disagreements over selection choices etc e.g. in the run upto the WI tours happening in a fortnight they disagreed over Michael Vaughan. Its just come to a head over a comment made by Pietersen to a journalist with the NEws of the World.

Yeah if both KP and Moores do go then at least it will give them a totally fresh start when it comes to making decisions for the team. I just hope it'll be someone who'll want to push the team forward rather than let them hang about mid-table in the ICC ranking.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
sky sports news mate, its not sure who has said what. KP is on holiday and has not made a statement

Marc

FH is my second home
Well Im sorry, as captain he shouldnt be squealing to the press anyway. These things should be dealt with inhouse.

taB

Part of the furniture
From the Beeb, it looks like the board agreed with KP that Moores had to go but weren't willing to accept the way KP made his point (ultimatum stylee) and said bye bye to him too.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If it's true, it was was clever move to resign by Pietersen. With Gilo in palce as teh new coach, he'll be captain again in no time.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Marc i agree with you, dirty laundry shouldnt be shown to the world at large and should have been sorted out without creating such a 'media frenzy' about it all.

Lol i'm tempted to put a bet on that KP will be back as captain within the next 12-18 months!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
SNN reporting that strauss set to be appointed captain for tour of west indies.

sigh.. we can never play a game and make it straight forward can we?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Strauss deffo in place for the WI tour. It's shame cos i remember last time he was captain... christ alive.

To quote a blog i read:

"Strauss is rumoured to be 'very astute' or something, but he just lost a one-day series 5-0. If it were possible to lose a five match series by a greater margin, England would have done. It would have been about 8-0 we reckon. That would have been a fair reflection on the five matches played."

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So Moores has been sacked, Pietersen resigned at the press conference this evening, and not this morning.

KP has come out of this one well, and will be back at the helm in time for the ashes.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yeah thats how I see it. Hopefully get a coach that he can work with and Strauss will step down from the post as captain after the Windies tour so KP can take up the helm once more.

One thing going for Strauss is he did win a test series in Pakistan so he's not all bad!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i could've won the test series against that pakistan side (it was in england btw)

Uara

Part of the furniture
ahh i must have mis-read it somewhere :p probably when I was trying to avoid my boss realising I wasnt doing work during the day.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The root of the problem was Moores interferring in the dressing room during matches. KP took offence and in my mind he had a right to. Captain's always run the dressing room talk not the various coaches. The whole thing should have been handled internally one way or the other and KP should not have spoken to the press about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom