Korea!

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
we'll send a few submarines and erm, an aircraft carrier with no aircraft on it to help....

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Two things going on IMO.

1) Kim Jong-Il is in a bad way. He's named his successor but needs to be seen as a strong leader, even when he's so ill.
2) NK showed off a uranium enrichment plant.

It's sabre rattling of the worst kind. NK wants to be seen as strong and defiant of international influence, but SK could just say "Fuck it" and slap back if provoked too far.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is little oil there so little chance of us doing anything about it. Communism doesn't bother America much any more, they only care about oil.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The BBC are fucking loving it.

You even have losers tweeting about it. Up to the minute off the cuff comments on the build up to war!

Fucking hell I hate the BBC and twatter.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
China could and should step in. There may not be oil there but even the Chinese won't want these idiots setting off dirty bombs anywhere near them, and they're the only regional power that have any sway with the North Koreans at all.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
iirc NK doesn't even need nukes to fuck up SK as they could flood most of Soeul by fucking about with the rivers up north. They won't do it though as China would do something if they went too far. SK is more important to the Chinese economy than the insignificant NK economy. Communism isn't the issue either as neither is remotely communist any more. NK has drifted from Juche to a near Theocracy based on the dead and living Kim dynasty.

/edit: on reflection that isn't that different to how real-world communism was realised in most countries. The point is though that neither country really believes they have a shared ideology.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep China will only let NK go so far, and the more influential and involved in world commerce China become, the less they will tolerate NK.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I wouldnt be so sure about the "dead" of communism.

I bet there are still some old farts with ideals in the Chinese Comunist Party, willing to honour the memory of Mao and help the "north korean brothers".

Dont throw away the communism card too soon.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
China hasn't had much in common with NK since Deng Xiao Ping.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Poor BBC, it seems to have stopped now so they will have to find something else to obsess about. What with the New Zealand mine explosion not providing much to go on and on about I imagine they are a bit lost now.

Aren't we due another world ending pandemic soon?

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
No oil in Korea so I guess we'll just let them get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom