Help Kodi isn't playing nice

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone know anything about Kodi? I'm having issues...

I run two Kodi instances, one on an Android Box in the living room (Box A) and another on a Fire Box upstairs (Box B).

They both pull files using NFS from a Synology NAS which is downstairs next to Box A and my router. Box A is a wired connection, Box B wireless.

Box A runs the latest version of Kodi (18.2) which auto-updated the other day. Box B runs an older version (17.3) mainly because you have to side load Kodi onto FireOS and its a bit of a faff.

Whole thing has been running like this for a couple of years without any bother. Anyhoo...

After Box A updated the other night Kodi isn't able to reach the Synology box to update the libraries, it just goes into "preparing..." and then times out. When I try to look in the files it just says it can't reach the server. So my immediate thought was there's some issue with Kodi 18.2 but I can' see any chatter about it on forums etc. Then to increase my confusion, Box B, on a different version of Kodi, is also displaying the same symptoms. So its the network or the Synology box right? I can see the Synology box on the network via my PC and access it, move files around etc. no problem. It seems to be working fine. And if I try to look up the IP address for the Synology from either Box they can also see it and look inside at the files from that direction so there's nothing wrong with the connections.

So why have both instances of Kodi stopped finding my server and updating content info at exactly the same time and in the same way?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has the Synology had an updated applied? Some info NFS - Official Kodi Wiki

You mention that both versions of Kodi cannot find your server but also state that

And if I try to look up the IP address for the Synology from either Box they can also see it and look inside at the files from that direction so there's nothing wrong with the connections.

If this from the OS or from within Kodi? Have you tried using SMB/CIFS as a test?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Has the Synology had an updated applied? Some info NFS - Official Kodi Wiki

You mention that both versions of Kodi cannot find your server but also state that

If this from the OS or from within Kodi? Have you tried using SMB/CIFS as a test?

I've done a complete re-install and re-index on both. Quicker than trying to figure out why it wasn't working in the end.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They put some core file system functionality into plugins in the 18 release. It means it can update then your share all stop working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom