[QUESTION] Knockbacks!!??!!!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Knockback is fine, as someone else said the problem is too many classes have it.
I'd say switch some of them to knockdowns ( healers/tanks ) and keep engineer+magus as knockback.
If they fix engineer knockback, mine keeps getting ignored, around 30% works.

jizzah

Fledgling Freddie
I like knockbacks, i think they are a good idea in general although probably need toned down a bit. in scenarios like tor anroc people dont even try to melee you, they just run up to you and knock you in to lava, it removes any fun from the fight cause your constantly stuck with hot feet.

on a side note, is it just me or do ironbreaker knockbacks work a lot better than chosen?

Couldn't agree more about TA, prolly why it's the senario with the fastest q's ATM on axe bite. Chosen knockbacks are single player-we have to use them wisely, I usually charge in to take out the healer (i always die, but it's for the team!! :p). Dwarf AOE knockback, especially in a situation where we're surrounded by deathtraps is woefully imbalanced.

Still, PDW aside i have no real issue with knockback. It hardly ruins the game, aside ofc from Tor A lava traps, and provides tanks with a means of seperating an annoying player from the crowd.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok maybe i'll post a "Those who dont like something and threaten to leave if it doesnt get changed" thread.
then i can say "bye" as much as i like.

as far as knockback is concerened, sure it can be a pain when it happens to me, but i use it as much as anyone else. I wont cry out for it to be nerfed, same as i wont moan about other ingame things that may piss me off, theres a few but i'll live with them.

if i could be bothered i'd scroll through the pages and i'm sure i would come across maybe a few posts by yourself crying about something or other in the game, or maybe another game. If i felt strongly enough to state that i would leave the game if something isnt changed then i would just quit. not post a pointless thread about the subject.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I found out there is something worse than knock backs. It's the white lions "Fetch!".

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
if i could be bothered i'd scroll through the pages and i'm sure i would come across maybe a few posts by yourself crying about something or other in the game, or maybe another game. If i felt strongly enough to state that i would leave the game if something isnt changed then i would just quit. not post a pointless thread about the subject.

Really?? So you have just bothered to reply to me, in a thread I didn't create about a subject I'm totally entitled to post an oppinion in?

Never thought about reading the ENTIRE thread before starting to reply to individual posts?

You see, there a different kinds of people and in a thread like this you're meant to either

A: Agree with whoever started the thread.
or
B: Disagree.

You are completely entitled to have your very own oppinion and you are free to state your reasons for having those oppinions.

However, just replying without bothering to actually read the first post, which you apparently haven't since you believe I'm the one who started the thread means you are just a troll, so as I have already said. Crawl back into your hole and be gone.

Oh, and btw. Keeping your mouth shut isn't really the best option as you seem to think. How do you think the game would be if no one bothered to report bugs, CTDs, lag etc if no one bothered to voice their concerns about them?

You actually think the game would be better then?

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
You are completely entitled to have your very own oppinion and you are free to state your reasons for having those oppinions.

my opinion was.... bye, and that was meant as a "if you dont like it and say your going to leave then leave I dont care".

i was free as you point out to give that opinion. So why do you get so worked up about it?

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
my opinion was.... bye, and that was meant as a "if you dont like it and say your going to leave then leave I dont care".

i was free as you point out to give that opinion. So why do you get so worked up about it?

If you dont care then why post a reply??

I'm guessing there is atleast thousands of more people here who don't care who doesn't need to post useless posts in a thread like this one, but you just show your own true colors. Now, move along.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved

I'm guessing there is atleast thousands of more people here who don't care who doesn't need to post useless posts in a thread like this one, but you just show your own true colors. Now, move along.

welcome to Freddyshouse, as you only joined this month, it will slowly dawn on you that there are indeed many useless posts posted here day in day out, you are in fact contributing to them just by replying to my posts, so are you going to make a habit of this or will you just let ppl post what they want and move on yourself?

I myself will move on from this thread. True colours? :lol:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Both of you behave please... my ban stick is looking for a victim... ;)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
The knockbacks are a pain it seems - although I tend to stay well away from tanks anyway so haven't noticed them so much.

I have to say what's top of my "WTF??!!" list atm are bright wizard dots.

They hurt alot. There's a couple of 2 man BW teams I've seen running about in scenarios and they just eat people up. I can't outheal the dot damage full stop - it's incredible how hard they hit. They clearly have a solid build and there must be something in the mechanics thats debuffing elemental resist because from the recieving end of it - they hit so much harder than anything I've been hit by in pvpv to date ;)

M

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, thats what a public forum is about. For better or worse.

Jumping into a thread saying this is boring, change this, change that or im leaving is not a good way to get your opinion across, it just incites people.

Try being less dramatic and more semantic or occaionally pragmatic. I find being enigmatic also works at times as does the occasional bout of the pedantic.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
knockback can bw fun (i use it) but it annoys me when you are going toe to toe with an enemy and you are winning then one of your own team comes along and uses it and knocks your opponent flying and they were not even involved in the fight. I wonder some times who is on who's side.

this i find especially annoying, several times my BO has almost killed an enemy player and then someone on my side knocks them into healing range.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh its a hard call. I dont like the roots, but thats only duo to the lack of diminishing returns. Knockback seems kinda fun.

If they would just implement DR in WAR, the CC would be fine imo.

As it is now, being perma spammed with CC in scenarios is just to big an annoying factor, for it to be cool.

Plus, didnt mythic promise a game low on CC? On avarage, i believe i spend ALOT more time being CC´d in WAR, then i did in DAoC.
Thats my biggest issue atm.

But fix the "Target is out of range" when chasing people, first plx :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
The knockbacks are a pain it seems - although I tend to stay well away from tanks anyway so haven't noticed them so much.

I have to say what's top of my "WTF??!!" list atm are bright wizard dots.

They hurt alot. There's a couple of 2 man BW teams I've seen running about in scenarios and they just eat people up. I can't outheal the dot damage full stop - it's incredible how hard they hit. They clearly have a solid build and there must be something in the mechanics thats debuffing elemental resist because from the recieving end of it - they hit so much harder than anything I've been hit by in pvpv to date ;)

M

Dont judge balance at low levels, dot's can be cured later on afaik so you dont have to outheal them

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I play a shaman, need i say more about our pbaoe knockback. :D

Its great to see 3 or 4 melee running for me, try to position my self right then bye bye into lava. Sometimes i follow them though. It shouldnt have to send me flying too but then i guess it'd be to OP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom