[QUESTION] Knockbacks!!??!!!

rynnor

Rockhound
What on earth is going on with knockbacks - lol! Its one thing to be knocked back a few feet but another to be launched miles into the air lol :)

Reminds me of the glacier Giant from Daoc but performed by a midget its kinda insulting :p

Does anyone else think these need toning down a tad? I just fought a scenario where I got knocked off of a cliff into the sea below and had to spend ages of very dull time finding a way back onto land.

They work well as a form of cc but the damage from falling seems somewhat of an overkill?

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
just wait till everyone is around lvl 40.....knockbacks are all you gonna see. Its like player ping pong.

More annoying still will be the marauder who is the ONLY class who has an anytime aoe knockdown.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Knockback the most stupid thing i've yet to see in the game.At least tone it down a bit it's just stupid being thrown so far.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
IB's knock back the furthest aparently.
black orcs have the weakest knockback its not very far at all unless its downhill.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I love the knockbacks when I'm doing them to people on my Magus. Unfortunately we only have a single target knockback, but it's at 65ft range. Always fun punting a Bright Wizard in the middle of a cast into the lava on the Tor Anroc scenario.

However I do believe the Ironbreaker needs to have the AOE knockback their have toned down a tad.

But one thing I've learnt is when knockbacks happen to you, you hate them like hell, but when you're doing them to someone else you laugh your man boobies off like a crazy man in a show full of helium ballons!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
As an IB, knockback is the only thing that keeps me alive most of the time. Being at the front line is hard when facing 2 or more foes, and removing knockback would make it impossible.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
As an IB, knockback is the only thing that keeps me alive most of the time. Being at the front line is hard when facing 2 or more foes, and removing knockback would make it impossible.

True. Knockback shouldn't be removed.
But the range at which you're being kicked is a bit exagerated imho.
At this moment, isn't knocking us back, it's catapulting us away...
As the OP already mentioned, it's a bit too reminiscent of the Glacier Giant...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
True. Knockback shouldn't be removed.
But the range at which you're being kicked is a bit exagerated imho.
At this moment, isn't knocking us back, it's catapulting us away...
As the OP already mentioned, it's a bit too reminiscent of the Glacier Giant...

it knocks you out of heal range, as it should tbh
The problem i have noticed along with others in this thread is that it is very inconsistent, some knock you for miles others knock you for hardly anything at all
There should be some sort of consistency between them

Personally i think issues like being perma-rooted should be addressed first, even if you hit your ability to get rid of one root you are immediately rooted again

rynnor

Rockhound
I wouldnt want knockback removed just toned down - plus I think taking damage when you touch another bit of terrain while falling is probably un-intended by Mythic and a bug for their list.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I love the knockback esp since it can stun someone of 3 secs.

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
Well, knockback is boring. Do I need to elaborate???

Seriously... I enjoy getting stunlocked by a rogue more than I enjoy being bounced around like a rubber ball the way it is now. It is boring and it sucks.

It totally removes the point of collision detection because "Oh, you're standing in my way??!?! Here, fly away 50 miles!".

Bah, I'm freakishly bored with knockback right now. If it doesn't get toned down or they start redesigning maps, which is a whole lot more work than toning knockback down, I won't play beyond my free month for sure.

I enjoy PvP/RvR but they took away CC for a reason. Flying in midair for a few seconds, unable to do anything, is just as much CC as a stun/mez with the added problem of having to work your way back to the fight, that is ofcourse unless the fall kills you. LAME is just one word for it.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
fix it, seriously... makes me think about UT instagip arcade games

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Seriously... I enjoy getting stunlocked by a rogue more than I enjoy being bounced around like a rubber ball the way it is now. It is boring and it sucks.

It totally removes the point of collision detection because "Oh, you're standing in my way??!?! Here, fly away 50 miles!".

Bah, I'm freakishly bored with knockback right now. If it doesn't get toned down or they start redesigning maps, which is a whole lot more work than toning knockback down, I won't play beyond my free month for sure.

I enjoy PvP/RvR but they took away CC for a reason. Flying in midair for a few seconds, unable to do anything, is just as much CC as a stun/mez with the added problem of having to work your way back to the fight, that is ofcourse unless the fall kills you. LAME is just one word for it.

Well spoken. (And yes, I'm speccing for AoE damage with knockback followed by stun on my Mara... until they nerf it).

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
knockback can bw fun (i use it) but it annoys me when you are going toe to toe with an enemy and you are winning then one of your own team comes along and uses it and knocks your opponent flying and they were not even involved in the fight. I wonder some times who is on who's side.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I like knockbacks, i think they are a good idea in general although probably need toned down a bit. in scenarios like tor anroc people dont even try to melee you, they just run up to you and knock you in to lava, it removes any fun from the fight cause your constantly stuck with hot feet.

on a side note, is it just me or do ironbreaker knockbacks work a lot better than chosen?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
try to position yourself in a way that let's the knockback throw you into a direction you -want- to go. And if you're flying, look where the next safe island is and get there asap. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it's the stuff of legends! ;)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved

bye

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
just wait till everyone is around lvl 40.....knockbacks are all you gonna see. Its like player ping pong.

More annoying still will be the marauder who is the ONLY class who has an anytime aoe knockdown.
iron braker also has a talent that change one of its pbaoe to pbaoe damage and knockback

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Knockback seems like a great tool, however it just feels like they've given it to far too many classes and made it far too powerful in some situations. Instead of it being a useful tool to either push people out the way or defend yourself far too many people are using it to dump people in lava for scenarios.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I don't mind them so much, like others have said if you position yourself right you decide where your enemy bounces you to so if you get knocked into the lava it's mostly your own fault.
Of course there are situations you can't help being knocked into the lava like when your are CC'ed and then knocked in.
Must say though I hate being rooted 5 times in a row alot more than getting knocked around a bit.

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
It isnt a matter of removing knockback from the game as much as it needs to be toned down a bit. Some people are actually using it like suicide bombers running into crowds or fights and it defeats the entire purpose of being there, namelye PVP.

I mean, scenarios are supposed to be about PvP and Tor Anroc, which is the worst place of them all apparently, is supposed to be about keeping your bauble carrier alive while killing enemies. Ok, good plan. However, anytime anyone even engages in something that resembles melee combat someone from either side is going to come running in, bouncing people off into the air like the incredible Hulk on a bad day.

If it is the way it is right now and afaik more and more classes will be getting one form of knockback or another up until level 40, that just means we'll see less and less actual fighting, which is the sole purpose of PvP in my oppinion atleast.

Btw, seems people used a little less knockback fighting last night in Tor Anroc. I credit this to the fact people dont really get any damage dealt (=> renown points) for bouncing others into lava. So winning it 500 to 20 without actually fighting seems to yield less renown. I didn't run it alot, just a few times with mates while leveling so don't know if it works this way or not but guessing it does since you earn renown based on actual damage you deal, kills you get, damage you have healed etc. Anyone else noticed anything like this?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Knockback is fine, as someone else said the problem is too many classes have it.
I'd say switch some of them to knockdowns ( healers/tanks ) and keep engineer+magus as knockback.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
at least set a immunity timer on it *roll eyes*

Ormorof

FH is my second home
absolutely hilarious to throw healers off the side of a cliff though then watch the tanks rush in only to die cos their healer is miles away :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Will admit the Ironbreaker knockback is a big WTF but I got my own last night on hitting 20 and can now live maybe 20 seconds into a fight instead of just 5 - finally some working defence against melee classes for my ultra-squishy toon.

The Magus seems to be something of a gank magnet. Possibly because there are so few around there is a novelty factor and people just want to kill it for the Tome entry while there are still some people that haven't stopped playing it after trying it for a couple of levels :D

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm not the one saying i'll leave the game unless something i dont like/agree with gets removed or toned down.
so, as i said, bye, I wont miss you.

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
finally some working defence against melee classes for my ultra-squishy toon.

Think that was the original intent when giving lots of classes knockback.

Problem is ofcourse when it is used in an offensive way instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom