Knight Podcast - End of Year Roundup

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Our Knight Podcast last Sunday took a look back over the past year's changes as well as looked forward to what's coming in 2017.

Knights Luvly, Maceric, and Cyrric were joined by DAoC Producer John Thornhill during the podcast, which is now available on our official YouTube channel!

View: https://youtu.be/FkS4VFQOjEA

DAoC Facebook Site: Dark Age of Camelot | Facebook

DAoC Website: www.darkageofcamelot.com

DAoC Events Facebook Group: Dark Age of Camelot Events public group | Facebook

DAoC Community Boards: www.postcount.net

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've noticed a trend with the Knights, they're all zergers... and yet they're giving 'advice' that alarming the developers are listening to about solo/smallman. As for John, I've just lost interest with him, I really wanted to give John (or Gorr as he was known as a DAOC player) a chance, he's proven patch after a patch that he is so out of touch with with the DAOC community though he's basically riding his own ego and the ego of the brown nosers that vehemently defend him for making such piss poor design decisions. The sooner DAOC's doors closed the better because its not DAOC anymore, its just a piss poor hybrid imitation of lots of other MMO's rolled into one.

A basic summary of the game at the moment; unless you're apart of the inner circle jerk that basically serves no real purpose other than propping up each others egos they will just ignore your feedback despite claiming they listen to all feedback.

Basically what I've established after playing the current patch since it went live. And on that note, I have no idea how said patch even made it to live. It was literally on Pendragon for a little over 1 week.. 1 week to test major changes that will drastically affect RvR (such a patch should be in testing for at least a month)

Quite sad really because DAOC used to be so great, it's just lost its identity now though.

Last edited:

Himse

FH is my second home
I've noticed a trend with the Knights, they're all zergers... and yet they're giving 'advice' that alarming the developers are listening to about solo/smallman. As for John, I've just lost interest with him, I really wanted to give John (or Gorr as he was known as a DAOC player) a chance, he's proven patch after a patch that he is so out of touch with with the DAOC community though he's basically riding his own ego and the ego of the brown nosers that vehemently defend him for making such piss poor design decisions. The sooner DAOC's doors closed the better because its not DAOC anymore, its just a piss poor hybrid imitation of lots of other MMO's rolled into one.

A basic summary of the game at the moment; unless you're apart of the inner circle jerk that basically serves no real purpose other than propping up each others egos they will just ignore your feedback despite claiming they listen to all feedback.

Basically what I've established after playing the current patch since it went live. And on that note, I have no idea how said patch even made it to live. It was literally on Pendragon for a little over 1 week.. 1 week to test major changes that will drastically affect RvR (such a patch should be in testing for at least a month)

Quite sad really because DAOC used to be so great, it's just lost its identity now though.

It just needs to close.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
1 bullet, back of DAOCs head. Bam. It's the fairest thing to do, don't let it continue to suffer.

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
I do agree there is some faults with Broadsword the way they are handling DAoC and the way they are changing things. I do agree that DAoC is kind of loseing it's idenitity but Broadsword have to do something in order to keep the game interesting and fun to play.

I think there is area's in PvE they should improve by taking the elements of the old PvE which was a success back in the day when Dark Age of Camelot came out. I feel Otherworldly Campaign really showed what PvE shouldn't be like in the game and I wish they would remove the whole campaign and bring a campaign that is challenging and fun to do for Battlegroups, groups and solo play styles. I feel they are focusing far to much on one play style and where before there was a flexiablity of different PvE quest that brought all those styles in.

I think NF should of remained as it was before Broadsword changed things. I honestly say that revamping agramon was the best thing they did and it really looks a lot better. I don't know what the future holds for Dark Age of Camelot on the live servers but I'll continue to keep my hand in unless Uthgard really does tick all the boxes.

I've been frustrated and angry sometimes with broadsword specially when you have Knights that aren't doing the game much good. There are some great Knights in there but a lot of dead wood Knights which just want to get in for title and get a free account. That is where I think was a wrong idea for broadsword because it's divided the community and it's show a elite attuide that doesn't help bring this game success.

Anyway just keep faith and hope better things come in the future.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's like - that Knights video, Luvly is a knight.. why? she zerged her way to that realm rank, what could she possibly contribute to the benefit of the game as a whole beyond standing at the side of a tower or in a lord room spamming group heals?

What they should do is recruit 3 different tiers of knights

2-3 for Zerg Play (people like Rescu, Xyorman, Herorius, Annamariede or even yourself since you do run zergs sometimes Solic)
2-3 for Group/Smallman play (Some of the regular 8v8 players)
2-3 For Solo Play (people like Lithlet, Corfel or any other well known soloers)

And worked on it from there, that is really the only way they'll get unbiased input from each aspect of RvR. As for the PVE I agree, entirely - they should talk to some Gaheris people about that, they basically live for PVE.

that makes much more sense than just recruiting zergers because they were or are your "friends" or because they "know forum moderators from Postcount" which is basically what John seems to be doing.

Beyond all that I've said above - the game can die for all I care in its current state because its not DAOC anymore. I come off as a total arsehole the vast majority of the time I vent my feelings for DAOC, that isn't because I'm an arsehole though, that's because I'm genuinely angry at hack developers ruining a game that has sentimental value to me.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Tbh, I think Broadsword are just playing with the tools that they have.

DAOC was one of the first organised PvP games where an organised group of 8 could beat a larger unorganised group, but are these organised groups still around?

They're just going down the route of every other MMO out there, such as Guild Wars where there's no set roles and it's a matter of who's got more numbers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tbh, I think Broadsword are just playing with the tools that they have.

DAOC was one of the first organised PvP games where an organised group of 8 could beat a larger unorganised group, but are these organised groups still around?

They're just going down the route of every other MMO out there, such as Guild Wars where there's no set roles and it's a matter of who's got more numbers.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with that, what they're doing currently though is just destroying DAOC's identity piece by piece. Basically removing everything that made the game great over the years and replacing it with hybrid ideas 'borrowed' from other MMO's. Worse still they're doing it with half arsed patches that have been tested for literally a week to two weeks tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom