King Arthur & Daoc RvR Compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i liked that old excalibur movie with patrick stewart in it.

that was good.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
Fuckin movie makers tryin to suggest that 1 fuckin fg albs can kill 403595397538973789375693759375397653756 fgm.

See?! Even hollywood knows that mids zerg =P

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
My point is. The movie could be done much better if the producers would take some aspects from pc games like daoc.
just think about it how the movie could be if there where fight scenes like we have in the game.

<imagines hibs pbaoe on a cinema sized screen>

<predicts alot of "ARGHHHHHHHHHH IM BLIND! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!>
and
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
oh and the occasional
"WHAT A NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
the whole mystical part of Arthurs legend was missing. And that its whats make the Arthur Legend intresting imo. Wasnt Merlin a Wizard? they made him an rumpus maker with green dye in his face. No magic, no visualeffects, nothing.

i mean what i wrote

Just talkin about from the visualeffects point of view

an simple pc game have more visualeffects than an realy expansive made Hollywood movie.

Imagine an big fight at bowl, alot of albs,mids, hibs everybody against everybody with all this abilitiy effects which mythic gave the chars. Magical visualeffects like from mana spect eldritch, an firewizard or any other classes.

After lotr i expected more than that from the movie.

please dont b retarded :( im sorry but i dont believe daoc would work on a real world scale, think of it like this.......

Arthur: Hibs at MMG, BG on me!
Archer: LFG stealther group!
Arthur: Get ready 2 CC
Tank: Any 1 spare buffs?
Arthur: shit, latest report is 5 fgs :(
Tank: thx for buffs
Arthur: hmmm they must b camping MMG instead
Archer: Grp please?
Arthur: Lets go get them :flame:
Caster: gotta log sry guys, bye
Arthur: Same :( tea b back late, good luck

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Matmardigan said:
the whole mystical part of Arthurs legend was missing. And that its whats make the Arthur Legend intresting imo. Wasnt Merlin a Wizard? they made him an rumpus maker with green dye in his face. No magic, no visualeffects, nothing.
They just made Merlin more realistic.
It is more realistic to think Merlin was seen as an Wizard because of the technology he came up with.

MTMag

Fledgling Freddie
I thought Merlin was a druid. most of what I remember reading about him didnt smack of fireballs and lightning bolts that you expect to see from a good old fashioned story of wizards and sorcery at any rate.

plus there was a cool TV movie thing with Sam Niell in it about 5 years back that kinda leaned heavily towards the druid side of things also.

and also where the hell were the mids and hibs in the movie ? were you watching a different film to me ? all I saw were saxons and scottish people

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Reading this thread, the original poster is a 13 year-old who likes to swear a lot, enjoys lots of "kewl" visual effects, wants DAoC in every aspect of his life ("like, wtf, wouldn't it be c00l if you had to stealth to school every morning m8s?"), and considers Die Hard 2 to be "too intellectual" for his taste.

I liked the movie, it was an alternate way of looking at the legend of Arthur.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Matmardigan said:
My point is. The movie could be done much better if the producers would take some aspects from pc games like daoc.
just think about it how the movie could be if there where fight scenes like we have in the game.

yes, we know the true legend went off like daoc :< we know that the jewish priests were fighting with poison spells and weird fat pets :eek:

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Bang on m8, was very intresting. Not all films has to have visual effects galore to make it good.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Reading this thread, the original poster is a 13 year-old who likes to swear a lot, enjoys lots of "kewl" visual effects, wants DAoC in every aspect of his life ("like, wtf, wouldn't it be c00l if you had to stealth to school every morning m8s?"), and considers Die Hard 2 to be "too intellectual" for his taste.

Amen Brother!

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:

bullshit.

Arthur an russian slave with his nagin friends fightin 4 an regime which shits on them.

thats an bad alternate way of lookin at the Arthus Legend.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Havent seen it yet but usually something with Ray Winston in it is pretty good.

MTMag

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
bullshit.

Arthur an russian slave with his nagin friends fightin 4 an regime which shits on them.

thats an bad alternate way of lookin at the Arthus Legend.
watch the film again.. arthur wasnt a russian slave, though the nights were in a way although I saw them as more like indentured servants.

arthur in the film was the son of a roman noble and a native british woman or 'Hib' as was stated in the original post on the thread

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
no need 2 watch the movie again, the movie is an flop and thats whats makes me angry and why i started this kind of bullshit thread here. The movie could be done much better then how it is now.

Xplo

Banned
Lancelot dies at the end of the movie, arthur marries guinevere and gets crowned king. The End.

btw that fg albs owning those 200 mids was hilarious xD

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Xplo said:
Lancelot dies at the end of the movie, arthur marries guinevere and gets crowned king. The End.

btw that fg albs owning those 200 mids was hilarious xD

u forget the part how Galahad kill the spy in the tree with his unending ranged arrow which hit the guy directly in his balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom