Books Kindles

gohan

FH is my second home
Bought one, have to say I'm really impressed with it, just like reading paper. Battery life is amazing too.

any other kindle users know anywhere to get decent cheap E-books?
the ones from the amazon store are quite pricey, often not much cheaper than the actual paper back. Found a few free site but the books are shocking, hence being free I spose. Other than thefting them from news groups etc are there any legit ways to get decent deals, or any free books people have found that are worth reading?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
get Calibre for all your PC-end-of-kindle needs

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Agree with Mabs :p

Its already been said on here, they need to be sensible with ebook prices!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bah. Give me a bookcase full of proper books any day.

I don't feel the same for films, newspapers, magazines - digital everytime. But I love books, and I find the idea of not possessing a physical collection anathema.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I love my kindle. I can't help with cheap sources as I find stretching to a tenner or so a month for well formatted volumes through amazon, together with the whispernet delivery, perfectly acceptable.

I just wanted to say how I love it. The feel of it, the ease of use, the battery life. It's all amazing.

gohan

FH is my second home
I read too fast :< probably do a book a week, and with the newer books thats pushing £30-£40 a month, which is alot more than buying them on paper back second hand would be, problem is I re-read books and have no where o store them so in that respec the kindle is ideal, just not enthused by the e-book prices

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I read too fast :< probably do a book a week, and with the newer books thats pushing £30-£40 a month, which is alot more than buying them on paper back second hand would be, problem is I re-read books and have no where o store them so in that respec the kindle is ideal, just not enthused by the e-book prices

Just buy older books then, some very very cheap on there. I do a mixture of older books (reading through all of discworld still) and free stuff (out of copyright classics)

gohan

FH is my second home
that's not a bad shout acctually, reading a song of ice and fire atm, after I'm done with that I may return to disc world

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also mate, if you've already paid for the paperback or hardback at some point then I don't think you should feel bad for getting a free copy...

Sar

Part of the furniture
I love books, but I have a Kindle and it's not all that bad to read on it. I really should read more, but CBA hunting down decent books online. That's where physical book browsing is soooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom