/kill yes, no .... or maybe

D

deros

some examples below.

The Pro's: ( definatley allowed )

*you get revived by a medic and get stuck in part of the map.
*you spawn in the middle of someone

Borderline: ( debateable )

*the enemy has planted and your team has no engineer
*your a medic have ran out of ammo and have a knife, this applies to all class' that aren't Lt.
*you have low health and ur team has no medics
* your a medic and run out of needles, if can happen ..

The Con's: ( cheating )

*I watched a game recently on castle 6v6. One team won by constantly bombarding the coffin with mortar strikes. They used the /kill to respawn and keep the barrage up.
*Another would be a panzer faust used in the same way as above.
*you can travel long distances in a short time by /kill then changing your spawn, though timing is more the decernaing factor here.

N

nocte

you are saying that using the /kill to spawn at say the forward bunker on beach is cheating??

i say this is deffo NOT cheating as it take skill to judge capturing the spawn flag, holding it, and then initiating teh self kill. this all take good skill and timing.

the /kill function is part of the game and is included in some clans tactics. and as it is part of the game it should be allowed to use.

if the scenario occurs when the coffin is being constanly bombarded, then adjust you tactics to suit. eg get a pazer to spawn kill the lts before they get a chance to launch the mortar strike.

being static in yout tactics will lead to doom, but being dynamic and changing to the current scenario is where some clans come out on top.

all in all i think there is nothing wrong with using the /kill function.

and if i am adminning a game where this happens i will allow play to go on accordingly.

O

old.Lt Thilias

correct me if im wrong but /kill puts you right into limbo so no more panzer/airstrike misuse youd have to have the server set with a low respawn to take good effect of this tactic now
and that makes it useless low respawn just get you butt out there and kill em your self

not a cheat

N

nocte

but on castle when the respawn time is 20 secs it think is what deros means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom