Kill Bill!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Being the sad no-lifer that I am, I only just got around to seeing Kill Bill vol.1 on DVD today...then I rushed out and watched Kill Bill vol. 2 down at the local chav breeding ground (aka. UCI). The films totally rocked!! :D

I haven't decided which one I liked the best though. No. 1 was uber violent but No. 2 had much better dialogue and the scenes were much more fun to watch. I especially loved the Kung Fu master! He were fuckin' sweet! :D Best non-zombie related film I have seen this year!

(Shaun of the Dead is still the best film I have seen this year)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i wanna see that film anything with people hacking people apart with swords is pretty cool to me

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
I especially loved the Kung Fu master!

As ghey as that sounds......it's so true!!!!

Fooking love QT's Kill Bill. He da man!! Seriously cool that he got the entire crew from China for the beijing scenes and Mexico, same deal, etc.

I'm very partial to the Bejing scenes however the trailer scene with Daryl Hannah is also teh cool :D
All in all :worthy:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Shaun of the dead rocks :)
Haven't seen Kill Bill V2 yet but im going to see it on thursday with any great luck.

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
Seen part 1 was great , lots of sword fighting etc ;)
just seen part 2 and hmm it is different ;P
tbh in my opinion it is a crap movie to much talking
oke the kungfu dude was some fun but expected to be a little longer tho
all with all part 2 is not what i thought it was.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Sohan you are wrong. Your opinion is invalid. Goodbye. :kissit: ;)

Kill Bill!!! :worthy:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
well I finally got to see 2 on sat. Was a great film, very different to the first.

Loved the master sequences, pure chop socky pastiche and superbly done.

Can't wait to see both back to back at some point.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Raaaaaah

Film rocked

Attachments

• kb.JPG
    kb.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 55

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
For those who liked the master scenes, and don't already know who he is. Then look for the 'Drunken master' films, I have a friend who's studying film and he's a big fan of them.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
For those who liked the master scenes, and don't already know who he is. Then look for the 'Drunken master' films, I have a friend who's studying film and he's a big fan of them.

I didn't think Pai Mai was a charcter in drunken master?

The charcter has appeared before in films such as Clan of the White Lotus and Shaolin Executioner where he was played by Leih Lo.

Although the master as a grumpy old man who needs to be won round abounds in Hong Kong cinema and is a constant theme in a lot of the films.

+ anyone who likes the fighting in kill bill go out and get hold of Iron Monkey and the first 3 or 4 Once Upon A Time In China films. You won't be dissapointed ;)

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Being the sad no-lifer that I am, I only just got around to seeing Kill Bill vol.1 on DVD today...then I rushed out and watched Kill Bill vol. 2

lol same here :p thought they were good.. though kinda anyoying the way Uma kills so many samurai's at the same time..i thought the film was supposed to be realistic :(

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Shneddi said:
lol same here :p thought they were good.. though kinda anyoying the way Uma kills so many samurai's at the same time..i thought the film was supposed to be realistic :(

Yeah i know what you mean, I see people jumping on swords and running on walls and jumping 20 feet in the air every day, why couldn't the other bits be realistic.

:eek7:

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
The fight scene with Oren Ishii and Uma in the snow covered garden has got to be THE best cinematic event of all time. If you've got the DVD, watch that again. With the music, the camera sequences its FAB.

Kill Bill 1 was fan-fucking tabulous, I loved it. Volume two didn't live up to expectation for me. I thought it was still great but I was expecting more. The dialogue sequences were good but they personalised Bill abit too much after he was never even seen in Volume 1.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Doh_boy said:

I don't remember him in those movies either ... mebbe I should watch them again! :D

/edit Ah...he is in Drunken Master 3. Haven't seen that one yet. :mad:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Kill Bill for me was a bit pants, seemed like he was trying to cram 3001 idea's into 1 film and then forgetting to add a story , although I will make my final judgement after i go and see part 2 2moro night which i am really hoping contanis a bit more of a story to justify part 1 .
Atm I have gotta say that Zatoichi which i saw the other week was a far far better film than Kill Bill ..

Adari

Part of the furniture
It looked rather funnay to me :p The way she kills people or chops off body parts n then you see blood spouting out the remaining body parts and stuff, doesnt look very professional to me all the time, undoubtably on purpose, makes the film a lot more fun imo :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
kb 1 rocked more then kb 2 but both owned .. sad thing was i was the only 1 laughing in kb 2 all the time :< my friends were looking at me rather strangely heheheee

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
kb 1 rocked more then kb 2 but both owned .. sad thing was i was the only 1 laughing in kb 2 all the time :< my friends were looking at me rather strangely heheheee

I was pissing myself laughing at parts of KB2, it's definately not a serious film, although most of the jokes are pretty much in jokes to people into the genres of films he's working with.

Although the most I laughed was after the full trailor of Van Helsing... That film is going to blow harder than a tornado.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Watched Kill Bill 1 again last night and enjoyed it more than the first time i saw it, going to see part 2 tonight.
Van Helsing does look rather shite tbh - looks like Extraordinary lge of gents which is one of the worst films of the last yr imo - I was waiting for Nemo to pull his blatantly fake beard off all the way through the film..

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I quite liked the LoEG! :p It was a shite film but it was quite amusing to see all the old skool heroes like Allan Quartermain and Dorian Gray portrayed on teh big screen. :) Dorian Gray is still on of my favs and I always enjoyed reading H. Rider Haggard's novels ... even though they are predictable as hell. ;)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
LoEG wasnt that bad me and my friends found it funny! im looking forward to van helsing also:d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom