Kidulthood - good or bad?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Me and the other half decided to rent this out and give it a buzz as it looked somewhat different from every other comedy & action film in the world.

I must say - we both rather enjoyed it. The gang-talk may seem overemphasized but unfortunately, that's the way it is now-a-days. I can't talk in full confidence about whether the drama was overdone - but I imagine some parts of London and the such are pretty nasty areas - you only have to read about the latest shootings and the such to realise that.

Last but not least - it's a British film and made me realise that even though I would love to exterminate every little hoodlum in a ten mile radius of myself, some areas have it much, much worse.

Maybe we should show this video to Gordon Brown and tell him to move his ass in dealing with anti-social behavior that is slowly turning into teenage-murdering.

Your opinions on the film?

Linky to IMDB for anyone interested

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't have an opinion on the film, mostly 'cause i haven't seen it, but can comment on reasons why kids are usch a "problem" these days.

One big thing i get slack for is this, women AND men working in relationships.

Sure, equal rights, etc etc...power to the women...fine. But someone should be taking the job business a bit easier and spend more time with the kids. Be it the man or woman, i don't really care.

Other issue, kids having very little entertainment provided to them by the government. Some youth centers, activities at low costs etc should keep them off the streets and also provide the possibility to council them and teach them. Also help them with problems. When they have nothing to vent their frustration/excess energy at, they go to the streets and that spells truoble...trible...t r o u b l e?

Internet and "TV parenting". Stick your kid infront of the TV, buy him/her an x-box or the latest Killmurder 2000 on the PC and you can spend time to yourself. Bad idea. If you get kids, you better prepare for the fact that it's a 24/7 job and when your missus pops out that larvae, it's not alright to stick it infront of the telly and pop out for a brewsky with your mates.

Not listening to their problems and teaching kids that it's ok to talk about their problems without having the fear of punishment. Big thing. As an example, kids don't talk about being bullied, 'cause they know parents/teachers are gonna do something embarrassing/stupid. This should change.

That's just a few things i thought of now.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Sure, equal rights, etc etc...power to the women...fine. But someone should be taking the job business a bit easier and spend more time with the kids. Be it the man or woman, i don't really care.

if kids goto school instead of skiving no one would need to be spending time with them. theyd be at school, mam and dad at work. end of the day everyone is home eating pork chops and a tin of beans infront of the tv. thats how it should work anyway.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
sam is that your niplet in the avitar there Oo

BAN HIIIIIM!!!!!!

dont know about the film i cba with gang stuff its just annoying everytime i see a kid going "yeah we act like this coz theres nothin to do" i want to slap em, there was nothing provided for us to do when i was a kid we had to *gasp* take responisbility for occupying ourselves without being a menace to everyone else.

from working in the library i see sooo many inititaves and activities provided from the government for kids/teens to do its boggling we had nothing like that when i was a kid grrr rage... building...blood...boiling....*deep breath*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
if kids goto school instead of skiving no one would need to be spending time with them. theyd be at school, mam and dad at work. end of the day everyone is home eating pork chops and a tin of beans infront of the tv. thats how it should work anyway.

Aye, there's another problem. Schools just ain't interesting.

Especially when they cut funds all the time and at the same time, say that "kids are the future". How about investing in them?

Teachers are pissy 'cause they get paid sh*t all, foods are crap, there's nothing but forcing calculus/etc down kids throats there, so no wonder they skip it.

And if they notice someone skipping school, they do crap all.

Less money, more kids in classes, less control, less personal.

Back in the day, when your teachers remembered your name and gave a f*ck, things were a bit mroe personal and a bit more "civil".

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was pretty slow to be honest. I'm not going to bother listing all of my opinions, but I think the fact 'Kids' exists, sort of softens the blow that 'Kidulthood' could have made.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aye, there's another problem. Schools just ain't interesting.

Especially when they cut funds all the time and at the same time, say that "kids are the future". How about investing in them?

Teachers are pissy 'cause they get paid sh*t all, foods are crap, there's nothing but forcing calculus/etc down kids throats there, so no wonder they skip it.

And if they notice someone skipping school, they do crap all.

Less money, more kids in classes, less control, less personal.

Back in the day, when your teachers remembered your name and gave a f*ck, things were a bit mroe personal and a bit more "civil".

Yet the majority of all the students go to school and get it done without skipping it and bullying people.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I really liked the film. Its hard to believe its real but it seems to be a true story for some parts of the UK.

Other issue, kids having very little entertainment provided to them by the government. Some youth centers, activities at low costs etc should keep them off the streets and also provide the possibility to council them and teach them. Also help them with problems. When they have nothing to vent their frustration/excess energy at, they go to the streets and that spells truoble...trible...t r o u b l e?

I saw on TV the other day a Woman blaiming kids stabbing people on the lack of Youth Centers ect. I have to say its utter rubbish. I grew up on a fairly rough council estate in London and never once did me and my friends decide to beat up and stab a farther for asking us to move on.

We used to go play football all day or go swimming we spent all summer staying out of trouble. The worst thing we did was climb into the University to use the Goals and climb into a resvior to swim. Caused no trouble and if we were asked to leave we did. The excuse of its because they have nothing to do is horrible. What they are doing is not ok and people should not make excuses for chavs who sadistically beat people to death for a laugh. The major difference between me and my cousin who is 16 now is i was and still am scared of the police. Not because i think they will kick the shit out of me me but because i do not want to get in trouble and go home to my Mum.

I saw another show that blamed imigrants for the violence saying that these kids that came over who are used to fighting with knifes ect came over here and now English kids do the same. I do not know if its true i believe that more than its because the youth centers that were not there when i was a kid are still not there.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yet the majority of all the students go to school and get it done without skipping it and bullying people.

Yes i'm not saying that ALL kids are a problem, or that the whole system is flawed, but improvements could be made.

Soze, also i'm not saying that it's a sole problem, but it could help atleast a bit if they had other ways to direct their behaviour.

Ofcourse rotten apples are rotten, but we could try to make society into a place, where apples don't rot that easy.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Just do what they did in Battle Royale with all the bad kids, and problem get solved

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
I used to miss school most Fridays, get drunk and stoned with my friends and play Gears of War and not once did i get held up on it by my teachers. Don't really know where i'm going with this.....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I used to miss school most Fridays, get drunk and stoned with my friends and play Gears of War and not once did i get held up on it by my teachers. Don't really know where i'm going with this.....

unemployment?,
perhaps they view your group as a lost cause so leave you to it, to be honest i wouldnt blame them

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
unemployment?,
perhaps they view your group as a lost cause so leave you to it, to be honest i wouldnt blame them

I doubt that, we always did well enough in our exams, i got AAB in my A levels and both my friends got ABB, they just don't really care about the pupils enough to say anything when we 'skive'.

megadave

I am a FH squatter

I can sort of see where you're going. During school i had a girlfriend who went to public school and i went to a comprehensive. She lived well far away and would usually stay at my house but fairly reguarly we'd wake up and do the nasty and be late or not go in. Anyway every time this happen she'd get a phone call at 9am on the dot telling her to get in ASAP and her parents would also be rung while i wouldnt be bothered what so ever :D

If schools actually bother to pay attention to people truanting then the amount people truant will drop.

As for the film it was quite good, reminds me a lot of the area i live by (Lewisham ghetto! in south east london!) theres teenager stabbings and shootings every week on tv here and the way people acted and spoke is spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom