Key Code Problems

R

r00tz

Hi. Just purchased PS today, everything went ok up until inputing the key code. It keeps telling me that the code is invalid, is there a certain knack to entering it or do I take the game back and get another?

Any help is appreciated.

P

[PS]Venom

Try replacing Os with 0s.

(Letter o with number 0)

Ummm... can't remember is you need to manually put in the dashes or whatnot.

If it's saying code invalid then I'd have thought that you're typing one of the digits in wrong - try swopping capitol i for L that kind of thing.

R

r00tz

Thanks for the reply. There is only one digit that can be mixed up and i have tried both alternatives. Think I will get another copy tommorow and see how that goes.

P

[PS]Venom

Hrm I would suggest PMing it me but that's dodgy in the extreme :) Aye, take it back and get a new copy.

By the way if you decide to play VS on werner and want an outfit to join give me a holler ingame, my outfit is currently recruiting - we can help you through finding your way around the game :)

R

r00tz

Thanks very much for the offer, I will keep it in mind if I get this sorted out. Bedtime now, new copy tommorow :)

S

Stonebits

Could be someone bought it from 'Game', played it.... took it back.....

Voila, key-code invalid..... :eek:

W

Will

Game don't do returns on games with an online option any more.

S

Sarum TheBlack

I did get a used AC2 CD key from them though. Keeping the CD in the back is bloody useless if you have CD keys on the insides of boxes left (more or less unwatched) at the front of the store. They did swap it.. but didn't sound at all convinced.

R

r00tz

Game gave me a new one no problem, just a pity the new key code is also invalid. Just to double check, the Key Code printed inside the box is the code you need to activate your subscription?

Im not missing anything am I? :eek:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by r00tz
Game gave me a new one no problem, just a pity the new key code is also invalid. Just to double check, the Key Code printed inside the box is the code you need to activate your subscription?

Im not missing anything am I? :eek:

Case Sensitive?

R

r00tz

Have tried both lower case and upper case. No luck for me :)

P

[PS]Venom

Mmm lemme check through signup proc again...

Problem is I used a BETA download that I just typed the serial into.

W

Will

Inside your Planetside folder is a pdf manual, with a detailed guide on how to enter the key and sign up.

P

[PS]Venom

Yea that code is the one you enter

Don't know what to suggest to be honest - Change anything that looks like it can be a different letter to something different.

S

Stonebits

If you have a valid code, and have tried everything, try and contact sony (or whoever)?

They may be able to issue a new code, although if you have tried two I dont see why a new code would work.....

Have you tried re-installing...... make sure any virus protection is off (worth a try)...... oh and do you need to be on-line when you do it (cant remember)

Oh, try getting someone else to enter it.... it may be you are totally mis-reading something.....

R

r00tz

Connected to that nifty program that lets you chat to a CSR tonight. She told me that the Key Code was already in use and I had to go to my retailer to get another. 3rd time lucky maybe? If not I have to fax them my reciept and cover of the game and they will send me a new Key Code.

Users who are viewing this thread