Kemor/Goa

A

-ag-bometal

Not a flame,

Just wondering if Goa/Kemor are aware that excalibur is down and that they are fixing it or must we wait until monday morning ?

So please something on the website or can someone from E&E please mail em to inform em ?

TIA,

Bometal

M

Molten Lava

and while you are at it...why does the German site (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1654) have at least the news that Avalon will be down untill monday midday and do we have not even a the slightest remark about the fact that Excalibur is down for almost 16 hours?

I think we are all paying for a 24/7 game so if you decide to not have people watching the server during weekends I think it is fair that you lower the monthly fee to 5/7 of its current value

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Molten Lava
and while you are at it...why does the German site (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1654) have at least the news that Avalon will be down untill monday midday and do we have not even a the slightest remark about the fact that Excalibur is down for almost 16 hours?

I think we are all paying for a 24/7 game so if you decide to not have people watching the server during weekends I think it is fair that you lower the monthly fee to 5/7 of its current value

I for one have had enough of the endless incompetence and second-rate nature of GOA. They are a bunch of useless fucking cowboys who should never have been gievn the licence to host a game as big as DAOC.

I am preparing a hardcopy letter I will be sending to Mythic's head office listing the ongoing mass dissatisfaction with GOA and how awful their hosting of the game is (mass LDs all the time, very laggy servers, very frequent server outages - never the Frence servers though, weird that huh? - fucking abysmal customer service - i.e. none at all - no communication of problems to customers, subscription servers down a large %age of the time...etc etc etc)...and basically imploring them to take the licence away from GOA and give it to a company that has at least some competence and at least some customer service.

No-one could do a worse job than these incompetent twats, let's face it. They suck, they piss us all off and they have to go.

F

fed007

kinda sexist to French people ahaaaa!?! FRENCH OVER ENGLISH!?!?! :)

R

rure_

Originally posted by svartmetall
I for one have had enough of the endless incompetence and second-rate nature of GOA. They are a bunch of useless fucking cowboys who should never have been gievn the licence to host a game as big as DAOC.

I am preparing a hardcopy letter I will be sending to Mythic's head office listing the ongoing mass dissatisfaction with GOA and how awful their hosting of the game is (mass LDs all the time, very laggy servers, very frequent server outages - never the Frence servers though, weird that huh? - fucking abysmal customer service - i.e. none at all - no communication of problems to customers, subscription servers down a large %age of the time...etc etc etc)...and basically imploring them to take the licence away from GOA and give it to a company that has at least some competence and at least some customer service.

No-one could do a worse job than these incompetent twats, let's face it. They suck, they piss us all off and they have to go.

post the letter on bw so more people can send it so they get the idea

S

syri

Originally posted by fed007
actally, that would be prejudice to french people :p
sexist is prejudice towards a single sex, not nation :p

N

ning

- never the Frence servers though, weird that huh? -

It is not because you can't speak french and you don't even see that sometimes one french server is down for a full weekend that they are never down.

W

WardyWonderland

Originally posted by syri
actally, that would be prejudice to french people :p
sexist is prejudice towards a single sex, not nation :p

Think you will find its Xenophobic

B

Begach

My guess would be that 1 piece of hardware has fallen over that services both avalon and excal. GOA technical staff, operating over the holidays on a minimal crew, realised it was unfixable till monday and posted the german news artical forgetting the english.

I've no doubt that running a DAoC server farm, large scale is a black art and one you are not likely to find in "Blah for dummies!!" technical reading section. I wont deny GAO's incredible sense of dramatic irony. They tend to fuck the up most when everyone is watching. But givf a mofo a break imo. I personaly don't think they are doing a bad job running the servers. The Right-when-I-can-be-arsed support environment needs some work but generaly support environments do, especialy those crossing language boundaries.

PS GOA Get the authentication server up FFS. The communities inner child is starting to find heavier toys to throw out of the pram :p

B.

S

syri

i have to opose yo there i'm afraid, goa are doing a terrible job.
first of all, their website says the server is down, i'd think they'd have some notification of that, it's an easy system to implement. they may well be fixing it as we speak, we don't know that though, cause they've not even said anything as simple as "there's a problem, we're sorting it, more details to follow"
they may be good at getting stuff back up, but that counts for nothing when you don't tell anyone that you're even fixing it.
i mean, we're talking 30 keypresses to just tell the people you're aware of the problem, is that too much to ask?

F

finbahr

Originally posted by Molten Lava

agree

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by fed007

jim change ur sig and name u embarass me on here

:)

he's my bro ^^

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by ning
It is not because you can't speak french and you don't even see that sometimes one french server is down for a full weekend that they are never down.
I speak pretty good French, actually.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Begach
The Right-when-I-can-be-arsed support environment needs some work

Right"Now" is a fucking insult to paying customers and you know it.

A

afternoon_tea

Yea, and like when RightNow was down for a whole god damned month, and no one could re-subscribe or unsubscribe, some people were out of the game for a month.

B

Begach

Originally posted by syri
i have to opose yo there i'm afraid, goa are doing a terrible job.
first of all, their website says the server is down, i'd think they'd have some notification of that, it's an easy system to implement. they may well be fixing it as we speak, we don't know that though, cause they've not even said anything as simple as "there's a problem, we're sorting it, more details to follow"
they may be good at getting stuff back up, but that counts for nothing when you don't tell anyone that you're even fixing it.
i mean, we're talking 30 keypresses to just tell the people you're aware of the problem, is that too much to ask?

So they fucked up and didn't give you your 30 words to tell you sommin you already know. Thier response on the german site shows it's a mistake and not a lack of action.

Bottom line if i'm paying for a service i'd prefer to pay for one that provides me with "The service" MOST OF THE TIME over a company with such an irrelivant attention to detail that the service suffers. Your right, it's shity GOA not giving an eta on the english site of when the server will be back. But shit happens. If you don't like it move on to something you do like. People will still play and still have fun. Why? Because with a fairly remarkable uptime record GOA provide me with what I payed for and I realy don't care about such pedantic bullshit providing I get what I paid for.

B.

S

svartmetall

Are you getting what you paid for now...? Either in terms of customer service (yeah right, GOA having customer service) or this "remarkable" record of server uptime you cite?

O

old.Emma

Are you getting what you paid for now...? Either in terms of customer service (yeah right, GOA having customer service) or this "remarkable" record of server uptime you cite?

Even more so when you consider the server "WE" all play on has the worse uptime out of all the servers.

French people are getting the service and support they need. But the english servers are getting screwed left right and centre.

B

Begach

Of the commin up to 2 years of playing i can remember less than 5 days in total (probably more like 3) that the game has been unavailable and i've been sitting bored. Ask me if i was getting what i payed for on those 500+ days the server was up.

I ofc work and make no attempt to play when the servers are for instance down for patching then come and whine about them not being up yet (some seriously retarded shit imo). Neither do i play 24/7. But when i wanted to play i always could, with very few exceptions.

B.

F

firebirth

Actually Begach Id like to infrom you of another few incidents where total lack of communication has enraged the community.

August 2003 - Prywden [EN] Suffers an attack from a 'hacker' who accesses the game using GOA logins. Subscription, Rightnow and Server status are shut down without notification. For two weeks there is no Firday news or any news for that matter as Subs, Rightnow and server status remain closed. Over two weeks down the servers are shut down for 8 hrs and then finally GOA decide to tell us what has happened. Their excuse for lack of information was becuase they didnt want say anything due to the risk of further attacks.

In my opinion although thier intentions may have been good they still failed to tell us that they had been taken down and that peoples account details (in terms of game logins, not bank account information which is held by bibit) and that these could have been comprimised. Yet they failed to inform their customers

December 2003 - English and German servers : Mobs and players in all regions on all German and English servers become invisible, player animations and effects are lost. The servers are closed and come back up a few hours later. There was no mention of this on the day or in subsequent news items on the English site (i did see a report in english posted on BW but have not seen where it came from and it definaltly never appeared on the official english site)

I belive that the English and German Severs run on the same router and that the french one is on a seperate one.

The manner in which GOA conduct their Customer services is remote and disjointed. I believe you should be able to phone up and talk to someone about problems not have to contact them by email where getting your requitrements or arguement across is made harder. The lack of in game customer servers is a serious issue not being able to contact GOA or appeal to CS from in game is poor when players have the ability to describe thier problem best when in game.

I think most people complaining here would agree with me that if GOA notified us that there was a problem and that they were trying to fix it then we wouldnt be so agreived ( in both context of the current situation and their history (including the situations above))

E

elewyth

Begach Communication with your customers is the KEY to happy customers, ive worked in PR for a VERY large Telecommunications company for many years now, if theres one thing ive learnt, even if you royally fuck up as long as they KNOW and you appear to be dealing with it, they dont whine! even if its a 2 line statement, we fucked up, dealing with it now, more to follow, that in itself tells your customers 3 vital pieces of information, 1, your aware of the problem, 2, your dealing with it, 3. you will keep them updated. i cannot honestly recall GOA doing that at all, they started to do it recently, but then mysteriously stopped again, i give up, please bring on WoW so i can waste my time on that instead.

B

Begach

Originally posted by firebirth
Alot of text

This i concede but attacking GOA out of frustration during a more major problem is nothing more than childish temper tantrums in an attempt to add fuel to the fire. It makes for a damn poor attack on GOA. At least have the balls to start your own fight and not wait for the shit to hit the fan then turn up with a truckload of more shit.

B.

F

firebirth

Its not a tantrum, its just finally taking as much of the problems that GOA cause that u can take and trying to do something about it.

its more

"Were all fed up with not being informed theres a problems and its being looked into/fixed, not only this issue but previous issuses strecthing back years as well"

"were fed up with the poor method by which GOA run the servers"

"were fed up with the way that customer services are employed by GOA on the european servers"

I think an important issue that Mythic should remember is that the European Customer base is larger than the US (based on server populations) and therefore we should be give due consideration

G

gwenne

Of the commin up to 2 years of playing i can remember less than 5 days in total (probably more like 3) that the game has been unavailable and i've been sitting bored. Ask me if i was getting what i payed for on those 500+ days the server was up.

I ofc work and make no attempt to play when the servers are for instance down for patching then come and whine about them not being up yet (some seriously retarded shit imo). Neither do i play 24/7. But when i wanted to play i always could, with very few exceptions.

B.

Hmm, well you have been much luckier than me. Just to give one example, I could not renew/play an account for a month.

I do their job, I know the problems. Rule 1 is to communicate with your customer.

B

Begach

"Were all fed up with not being informed theres a problems and its being looked into/fixed, not only this issue but previous issuses strecthing back years as well"

"were fed up with the poor method by which GOA run the servers"

"were fed up with the way that customer services are employed by GOA on the european servers"

Just be sure to provide the community with a nice list of who "we" are so the rest of us know who to yell at during the 3 months of severe problems, password changes, technical issues, relocation issues etc associated with a move. I'd hate to think that "we" would attack another host because "you" hadn't considered the effects such an undertaking would have on the service with i might add no guarantee of improvement (that any host would ever sign).

If GOA are in breach of thier SLA with mythic and/or it's customers (which i seriously doubt) then Mythic may take action. Otherwise they are just gonna pin it on the board marked "Retarded whine shite from england".

B.

H

hellraisermk2

This i concede but attacking GOA out of frustration during a more major problem is nothing more than childish temper tantrums in an attempt to add fuel to the fire. It makes for a damn poor attack on GOA. At least have the balls to start your own fight and not wait for the shit to hit the fan then turn up with a truckload of more shit.

B.

How can you even begin to defend this company on any level? I'm really shocked that people can say GOA do a decent job.

Yes, you may have not had too many problems, but look on a larger scale. This company is the biggest joke I've ever come across.

When the servers were hacked, some people couldn't play for a few days, others a week or so, some a month, some for many months, and I still know of some people who have yet to get their details from GOA. I myself had to wait nearly 3 months before the jerk-offs e-mailed my details to me.

Then there's all the days here and there when the servers are down due to system crashes. Fair enough, things go wrong from time to time. Why is it that the English GOA run servers have more problems than any other game I've ever come across? It's disgraceful the amount of times they've completely crashed and been left to rot until some french guy somewhere finishes eating his onion. Lets not even mention the never ever working chronicles.

And how can anyone say the all out fraud GOA has commited and continues to commit by renewing closed accounts and refusing to refund the money is a good thing? This is not a small problem. Many people have found money has been taken from their private bank accounts without their initial knowledge or consent. Why do GOA, or the company they let deal with CC details, still have those details months after an account has closed?

And finally, how can you say GOA are doing a good job based on their customer services? They RARELY update their customers as to what problems they're having (we may get a short statement telling is pretty much bog all from Kemor once in a blue moon). As for rightnow.... it is the biggest waste of time ever. You try to contact customer services and get an automated response. You try again and they close your query/ problem as "resolved." You re-open it and get a bitchy reply telling you there is nothing they can do or it is not their fault. Utter fucking bullshit. You can't phone them. Writing to them gets you no where.

My last rightnow to GOA has been running over 2 months. The first time I brought it to their attention, they closed the problem with good old "resolved" next to it. As they'd fraudulently taken my money and not refunded it, I'd say it was far from "resolved." I opened up a new query, and so far their only response in the past month has been "Do not contact us, we will contact you. Thank you for your patience." Ok, I'm quite a patient guy, but that reply was made over a month ago. I've now taken to "contacting" them demanding a reply or an update. Do I have one? Do I fuck.

Now tell me again, HOW are GOA doing a good job? A decomposed 100 year old dog would do an infinately better job than GOA have done.

F

firebirth

We are paying the same subscription price per month as the US players do (roughly i think) yet we get much more watered down Customer services and News Services from GOA than the US get from mythic. You cant not agree with that.

Therefore dont u agree that I atleast and many others on the servers should be able to demand a improved service as a paying subscriber.

Personally id run down my road naked screaming for joy if Mythic took over running DAoC in Europe, becuase atleast we know then that wed get a similar standard of service.

Yes im whining but if u look so are alot of people (no change there then)

S

svartmetall

A justified complaint about an unsatisfactory situation is not a whine.

And check out the letter I'm air-mailing to Mythic HQ tomorrow, I made a separate thread with that in.

B

Begach

We are paying the same subscription price per month as the US players do (roughly i think) yet we get much more watered down Customer services and News Services from GOA than the US get from mythic. You cant not agree with that.

Therefore dont u agree that I atleast and many others on the servers should be able to demand a improved service as a paying subscriber.

Personally id run down my road naked screaming for joy if Mythic took over running DAoC in Europe, becuase atleast we know then that wed get a similar standard of service.

Yes im whining but if u look so are alot of people (no change there then)

It's the way of the world. England has generaly been screwed in terms of comparitive value for money in a wide range of areas <Can the PR representitive from the telcom company insert some text here> for as long as i can remember.

An yeah if mythic where willing to take the project on then everyones happy. An i'm not sayin GOA are the bestest of the best. All i'm sayin is you'll never get a positive reaction from anyone by saving every minor (or major lookin at some of em) discression up for a "WEEEEEEE (read as us's) FOOOOKKKIN HATE J00000000000 (read as j000)!!!!!!!11one" letter every time the server goes down.

And for the record i never denied GOA's PR skills where bollox. It's just that this customer doesn't realy care much. I'm not tbh interested in what GOA have to say only that they make an effort to keep the servers up. Having my credit card fraudulently debited however would have gotten my attention ;)

B.

Users who are viewing this thread