Keep take info

O

odiladi

I don't know much about keep takes and I have some questions.
All I know is that the realm who got most keeps have access to df.
And if you take certain keeps the relic keeps get weaker in some way? But is there anyone who knows more details about this.

and how many different keeps are there? like merchant keep etc..

-The truth is out there, give me answers.

C

chretien

briefly:
There are seven 'normal' keeps per realm. one in both of your border zones, one in your portal zone (Emain/Odins/Hadrians) which is also a crafter keep - I'll explain that one later, and four in your central frontier zone.
As well as this there are two Relic Keeps (one in each border zone), two Border Keeps (where you pass from the heartlands of your realm to the frontier zones) and two Portal keeps (where the enemy will appear when they port to your realm).
You can only capture the normal keeps. Relic keeps can be attacked and broken into but never captured and portal and border keeps cannot even be attacked succesfully (as far as I know the guards in those keeps are unkillable by players).
So there are a total of 21 normal keeps (7 per realm*3 realms). the realm that controls the greatest number of these also gains access to DF. Also each keep in your frontier sends a very high level guard to each relic keep. If the keep gets taken then the special guards die automatically so by taking enemy keeps before a relic raid you can seriously weaken the defences at the Relic keep.
Crafter keeps are treated exactly as a normal keep except that they are the only place in the game where you can buy siege equipment like rams and trebuchets from NPCs, you can also buy all crafting materials there and there are crafting facilities available. The crafting keep is the hardest one of your keeps to defend cos it's the furthest one away from your border zones and easiest for the enemy to attack cos it's the closest one to where they port in.
it's a good idea for characters to start getting to know the layout of their own realms frontier from about level 30 or so at the latest, there is good training to be had inthe frontier (if you hunt near a keep your realm controls you get a bonus to exp and if you're close to a keep claimed by your guild then you get double that bonus) and will set you up well for when you start to RVR properly at higher levels, there are a lot of aggro mobs and if you don't know where you're going you could easily get your group wiped out before you even see the enemy, there are also hidden ways to get between places off the beaten track for when the stealthers are camping the noob routes (Hi Jamiesmallicus!).
Best way to learn really is to get out there and join a group led by someone who knows what they're doing and will take the time to answer silly questions when it's quiet.

W

wildsorcerer

Originally posted by chretien
briefly:
There are seven 'normal' keeps per realm. one in both of your border zones, one in your portal zone (Emain/Odins/Hadrians) which is also a crafter keep - I'll explain that one later, and four in your central frontier zone.
As well as this there are two Relic Keeps (one in each border zone), two Border Keeps (where you pass from the heartlands of your realm to the frontier zones) and two Portal keeps (where the enemy will appear when they port to your realm).
You can only capture the normal keeps. Relic keeps can be attacked and broken into but never captured and portal and border keeps cannot even be attacked succesfully (as far as I know the guards in those keeps are unkillable by players).
So there are a total of 21 normal keeps (7 per realm*3 realms). the realm that controls the greatest number of these also gains access to DF. Also each keep in your frontier sends a very high level guard to each relic keep. If the keep gets taken then the special guards die automatically so by taking enemy keeps before a relic raid you can seriously weaken the defences at the Relic keep.
Crafter keeps are treated exactly as a normal keep except that they are the only place in the game where you can buy siege equipment like rams and trebuchets from NPCs, you can also buy all crafting materials there and there are crafting facilities available. The crafting keep is the hardest one of your keeps to defend cos it's the furthest one away from your border zones and easiest for the enemy to attack cos it's the closest one to where they port in.
it's a good idea for characters to start getting to know the layout of their own realms frontier from about level 30 or so at the latest, there is good training to be had inthe frontier (if you hunt near a keep your realm controls you get a bonus to exp and if you're close to a keep claimed by your guild then you get double that bonus) and will set you up well for when you start to RVR properly at higher levels, there are a lot of aggro mobs and if you don't know where you're going you could easily get your group wiped out before you even see the enemy, there are also hidden ways to get between places off the beaten track for when the stealthers are camping the noob routes (Hi Jamiesmallicus!).
Best way to learn really is to get out there and join a group led by someone who knows what they're doing and will take the time to answer silly questions when it's quiet.

briefly ? plz give longwinded answer next time ^^

C

chretien

Originally posted by wildsorcerer
briefly ? plz give longwinded answer next time ^^
Ok mate specially for you here's the really brief guide:

<clears throat>

TAKNG KEPS IS GOD!11!!1 OMG WTF LOL LETNG OTHER PEOPLA TAEK UR KEPS IS BAD!111!! HAVNG R3LICS IS GOD!11!1!! OMG LOL OTHER P3OPL3 HAVNG R3LICS IS BAD11!1! OMG LOL

/bows

A

Addlcove

<clears throat>

TAKNG KEPS IS GOD!11!!1 OMG WTF LOL LETNG OTHER PEOPLA TAEK UR KEPS IS BAD!111!! HAVNG R3LICS IS GOD!11!1!! OMG LOL OTHER P3OPL3 HAVNG R3LICS IS BAD11!1! OMG LOL

/bows

stop speaking weird foreign languages and get levelling! I wanna see pigs flying

O

old.windforce

strong roleplaying Chretien as 1337 dooood :cool:

B

bulge

<clears throat>

/bows

Is shocked at Chret's OOC ;)

A

Addlcove

your first post looks like this

THEYRE R SEVEN NORMAL KEPS P3R RAALM!!!!!!1 WTF ONE IN BOTH OF UR BORDER ZONAS ONA IN UR PORTAL ZON3 (3MANE/ODINS/HADRIANS) WHICH IS ALSO A CRAFT3R KEP - IL EXPLANE TAHT ONE L8R AND FOUR IN UR C3NTRAL FRONTEIR ZONA
AS!111 OMG W3L AS THIS THEYRE R TWO RELIC KEPS (ON3 IN EACH BORD3R ZON3) TWO BORDER KEPS (WHER3 U PAS FROM TEH H3ARTLANDS OF UR RAALM 2 TEH FRONTEIR ZONAS) AND TWO PORTAL KEPS (WHERE TEH MAH WIL AP3AR WHEN TH3Y PORT 2 UR U!!1!1 OMG WTF LOL CAN ONLY CAPTURE DA NORMAL KEPS1!11!! OMG WTF R3LIC KEPS CAN B ATAKED AND BROKEN IN2 BUT N3V3R CAPTUR3D AND PORTAL AND BORDER KEPS CANOT EVEN B ATAK3D SUCESFULY (AS FAR AS I KNOW DA GUARDS IN THOSA KEPS R UNKILABLE BY PLAEYRS)
SO!1!1! OMG THEYRE R A 2TAL OF 21 NORMAL KEPS (7 P3R R3ALM*3 R3ALMS)1111 WTF DA REALM TAHT CONTROLS TEH GREAETST NUMBR OF THESE ALSO GANES AC3S 2 DF1!!!!11! LOL ALSO 3ACH KEP IN UR FRONTEIR SENDS A VARY HIGH LAVEL GUARD 2 3ACH R3LIC KEP111!!!!! OMG LOL IF TEH KEP GETS TAEKN THEN TEH SP3CIAL GUARDS DEI AU2MATICALY SO BY TAKNG MAH KEPS BFORA A RELIC RADE U CAN SERIOUSLY W3AEKN DA DAFANCES AT TEH R3LIC KEP
CRAFT3R11111 KEPS R TREAETD AXACTLY AS A NORMAL KEP 3XCAPT TAHT THAY R DA ONLY PLAEC IN DA GM3 WHERA U CAN BUY SEIGE EQUIPMANT LIEK RMS AND TREBUCH3TS FROM NPCS U CAN ALSO BUY AL CRAFTNG M8RIALS THEIR AND THEIR R CRAFTNG FACILITEIS AVALEABLE1!!!1 OMG WTF LOL TEH CRAFTNG KEP IS TEH HARDEST ONE OF UR KEPS 2 DEFAND COS ITS DA FURTH3ST ON3 AWAY FROM UR BORDER ZONES AND AASEIST FOR TEH MAH 2 ATAK COS ITS TEH CLOSEST ON3 2 WH3RE THAY PORT IN
ITS1111!1 WTF A GOD IEDA FOR CHARACT3RS 2 START G3TNG 2 KNOW TEH U OF THEYRE OWN RAALMS FRONTEIR FROM ABOUT L3VEL 30 OR SO AT DA LAETST THEYRE IS GOD TRANENG 2 B HAD DA FRONTEIR (IF U HUNT NAAR A KEP UR REALM CONTROLS U GET A BONUS 2 EXP AND IF UR CLOSE 2 A KEP CLAME3D BY UR GUILD TH3N U G3T DOUBLE TAHT BONUS) AND WIL SET U UP WEL FOR WH3N U START 2 RVR PROP3RLY AT HIGHER LEV3LS THEIR R A LOT OF AGRO MOBS AND IF U DONT KNOW WHARA UR GONG U CUD EASILY G3T UR GROUP WIEPD OUT BFOR3 U 3VEN SE TEH 3NEMY THEIR R ALSO HIDAN WAYS 2 GET BTWEN PLAECS OF DA BAETN TRAK FOR WHAN DA STAALTH3RS R CMPNG TEH NOB ROUT3S (HI JMEISMALICUS)
BST1!11 WAY 2 LAARN RILLY IS 2 GET OUT THEIR AND JOIN A GROUP LED BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WT DONG AND WIL TAEK TEH TIEM 2 ANSWER SILY QUESTIONS WH3N ITS QUEIT1!!1! OMG WTF

aaaarrghhh my eyes

B

Brynn

im so thankful i don't type like that. Their fingers must fly all over the keypad, getting to the numbers and shift-numbers. :p

B

bulge

I didn't think people actually communicated like that. Do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom