Keane

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Just back from their gig at the Manchester Roadhouse. Must say, very very impressed.
Drummer, piano and vocal. Yeah, it's a bit Coldplay at times, but there's an overall quality to the songs that's really captivating. There's a single out this week, the album isn't due for a while - but they're supporting Travis on tour next month.

Anyone else come across them?

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
What the fuck kind of name is Keane anyway? What could possibly be more drab than naming yourself after some tosspot footballer?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The benefits of having an interview transcript in front of me:
“There was a little old lady called Cherry Keane, that was her nickname. She used to look after us all, mainly Tom. She was a friend of Tom’s family and we called ourselves that as we thought it was great. But people though we were called ‘Cheroke’ or something dirty or slightly insalubrious so we shortened the name. It was before Roy Keane became the cultural icon that he is, it’s nothing to do with football. It’s just a name, we thought it was unpretentious and it means something to us. Every name is a shit name until you get used to it. I mean U2 is a fucking awful name, but it’s great now because they’re a great band. You wont get anywhere by having a great name alone.”

So there you go. Sorry, I'll try and blag interviews with bands you're more interested in in future ;)

mank!

Part of the furniture
Shovel said:
"It was before Roy Keane became the cultural icon that he is, it’s nothing to do with football."

They're not old enough to outdate Roy Keane, surely?

I've only heard the single that's out currently and I find it a bit wishy-washy. It doesn't grab my attention at all.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Yes a bit cold play but unlike cold play I kinda liked the single they have out at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom