Film Karate Kid

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
It does look pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised! I was also quite shocked to see how ripped the kid is! Shall be interested to see it....though no one will ever be the same as Mr Miyagi!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Doesn't look too bad, lots of action (for a kids movie) staring Jackie Chan and Will Smiths son, Jaden.

Jackie Chan and Will Smith had a son? Who knew?

NB. Karate isn't Chinese. Opening Title Fail.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Jackie Chan. Legend.

I see his visual humour is up to par as always, (the scene with the fly and the chopsticks).

Chuckled at that :D

Not sure I'll really bother with this remake, even though Jackie Chan is in it. Perhas if some Freddies see it and report back awesomeness it might make it a higher priority on my watch list.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus

Not really opening title fail, anyone can practise karate, you don't have to be Korean/Japanese (whichever the trivia know it alls claim it originates from this week this week). Its more of a casting fail as Jackie Chan practises kung fu.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hehe enjoyed the fly and chopsticks part. I think it could be ok, but ultimately the good and bad guys are too young. Larusso always seemed like he was a bit older. Looks a bit silly two kids playing fighting.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not really opening title fail, anyone can practise karate, you don't have to be Korean/Japanese (whichever the trivia know it alls claim it originates from this week this week).

Possibly. It does seem to be an attempt to lend credibility by showing martial arts 'at source' so its amusing to see they missed the source. Not a big deal but funny nonetheless. As you say, anyone can practice the various martial arts so its not really that important :)

Its more of a casting fail as Jackie Chan practises kung fu.

That logic is specious. The actor's real life martial arts choice and a film character's choices don't have to be related. Anyway, bet you a pound to a penny Mr. Chan has spent some time on Karate moves since many martial artists will at least dabble in more than one style. I'd be very surprised if he had any difficulty reproducing at least some Karate techniques.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
its alot younger and really black urban street to connect with the kids. I dont think it will be as good as the original but worth a watch i think

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They seem to have switched the 80-90´s training montage soundtracks to gangsta-rap. I am not watching that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This fits in the "why make a remake when the original is perfectly fine" category.

Will be shit.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
take off your jacket isnt quite as awesome as wax on wax off really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom