Just wondering

Elated

Fledgling Freddie
hello everyone..

Im just a bit curious and hope that some of you can enlighten me :p

Ive read over and over that the Bright Wizard is overpowered and can kill whatever... now to my question.. how?

I am currently lvl 16, my gear is mostly green apart from the chapter 5 staff, when i do scenarioes i spam the fiery blast into groups, fireball and ignite/sear solo ppl, but i dont see them like flies quickly like u guys say, that is if I understood it correctly..

what can i do to be as overpowered as u ppl seem to make bright wizards? :clap:

Return to DAOC

Fledgling Freddie
Im specced as Immolation and my cast rotation is as follows:

Ignite
Boliling blood
If the target is a tank and i need an extra dot OR is stood in a pack or running into a pack of enemies fire off detonate
Sear
Pyroclastic Surge
either redo dots if needed or wait for the remaining 2 sec CD on sear

Not much will survive that especially if your at 100 combustion.

Open with playing fire if the target is a healer or likley to receive decent healing.

I hardly ever use any of my 3 s cast spells, too long standing still waving the come and hit me im squishy flag.

Ocasionally i use Fiery Blast to break up grps or force formations back, I find a lot of squishies and healers run at the first sign of AOE damage and you can often nuke down there MDPS before they recover.

Its still possible to get massive numbers doing this, and if u want u can just tab and dot but i prefer to spend a second or two making sure im targetting the right player at the right time.

Oh and prepare to be probably the only class to have your balls nerfed into your throat.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
destro seems to forget what dmg a sorcerer can do..

a wiz does allot of dmg.. so what? its our only frigging caster..
It drops in 1 hit anyway.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ignore what Destro say, they're purely whinging about it and it's mostly done whilst ignoring their own classes.

The game is surprisingly balanced and that comes from someone who dies lots - me!

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I'm (being destruction) fine with BW's doing great dmg but the answer is quite simple. You're rank 16, when you get to late tier 3 and tier 4 you will be up there at the top. At rank 16 you ain't :>

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Withering Heat,Detonate,Slow Boil, Rain of Fire, Annihilate, Stop Drop And Roll are the real killers, wait till you get to late T3, then you will see your real damage .

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
played well & with decent gear bright wiz is kinda silly... but fun :flame:

to original poster: your gear seems kinda poor and it looks like you've not figured out what your best spell combo's/chains are yet. i suppose every BW has their favorites.

i'm level 21 and still refining mine, soooo many toys ;)

Elated

Fledgling Freddie
konah :p

yeah i know my gear is kinda poorly, but thats all to do with my lack of playing time.. I would love to get better gear but eversince the PQs i attend atm almost never drops blue bags and i always roll like 20 i cant get anything really good there :D I am currently renown rank 14 and would love to get some stuff i could use from renown gear merchant, BUT since im unguilded and Order never have any tier 2 keeps then im screwed hehe...

and yeah i dont really have a combo style yet, but must say I tried out the combo Return to DAoC wrote and I kill way faster now than before... Heck i never even used boiling blood before he wrote it down and detonate and pyroclastic surge either.. so Im really appreciating u guys help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom