Just Watched Resident Evil Apocalypse

Turamber

Part of the furniture
What a shit film. Lord knows how many brain cells died watching that pile of tripe. Since I watched 28 Days Later I've quite enjoyed the odd zombie film ... unfortunately the worst zombies in REA were the scriptwriters.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was one of those films that are so bad they come full circle and start being fun again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, with mank.

It's a standard blockbuster, if you expect more than basic entertainment you'll be sorely dissapointed.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I thought both of the films were ace! Before I saw them all I heard were bad things.

I havent played/seen the games and it didnt matter. All I wanted was zombie killing and it was done well. :p

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Anything done by Paul WS Anderson is just going to be your bog standard entertainment and nothing more, I can quite happily sit through his movies then switch of the dvd player and not think another thing about them (AvP really was a bit cack though).

Suppose what dissapointed me was the setting for the first res evil movie then the leadup into this one. Maybe I just want buckets of gore in zombie movies that this just didn't provide :(

Though it wasn't lacking in eye candy, Sienna Guillory with dark hair works just fine for me :sex:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
FuzzyLogic said:
Though it wasn't lacking in eye candy, Sienna Guillory with dark hair works just fine for me :sex:

Oh yes, she was gorgeous as was Milla Jovic. Alas that was all I could find in its favour. Quite enjoyed the first one, second one seemed to have undead almost as an afterthought.

Are they making a sequel? The end seemed to indicate there would be, but was so disjointed that I hardly cared what happened to them next.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Yep a 3rd is coming. I prefer the first one for its enclosed areas, less room for the humans to run away. :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Never really seen a problem with the res films, nice easy entertainment.

They have a nice to flow to them unlike a certain remake of an old zombie film, which felt like it was dragging at my very soul.

Aada

Part of the furniture
FuzzyLogic said:
Anything done by Paul WS Anderson is just going to be your bog standard entertainment and nothing more, I can quite happily sit through his movies then switch of the dvd player and not think another thing about them (AvP really was a bit cack though).

Suppose what dissapointed me was the setting for the first res evil movie then the leadup into this one. Maybe I just want buckets of gore in zombie movies that this just didn't provide :(

WOW what cheek...

You think it was Paul who got to decide what was going into the film? nope it was the big money people who wanted to make more money so they toned it down so any kid could see it.

Next time get some facts.

Paul has stated alot of times things he wanted to do with the film weren't allowed because it would have bumped up the age rating.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You're quite right, you can see from his profile of previous work that ordinarily he makes nothing but quality films.

For our less observant patrons, that was sarcasm ladies and gentlemen.

Will

/bin/su
But Shopping was quite...

...wait, no, it was shit too.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I would of loved to see George A. Romero Resident Evil script made into a movie.

As a huge fan of the games, I found Resident Evil piss poor. Am still waiting on a decent Game to Movie Adaptation of anything. *random fist shake at Uwe Boll*

Roll on Silent Hill the Movie.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Aada said:
WOW what cheek...

You think it was Paul who got to decide what was going into the film? nope it was the big money people who wanted to make more money so they toned it down so any kid could see it.

Next time get some facts.

Paul has stated alot of times things he wanted to do with the film weren't allowed because it would have bumped up the age rating.
Still doesn't excuse his films generally having no atmosphere, I know the studios have a tendancy to force his hand, but he uses the excuse too often for my liking, passing the buck wherever it suits him. Plus he wrote the scripts to the Resident Evil movies so he knew what he wanted and whatever studio interference happened, what was in the final cut still wasn't mega impressive. Like I said, they're good popcorn movies and I stand by that, i'm just not expecting anything special from him any time soon.

Anyway, if he had any integrity he'd have dropped the film or fought the studio to get the cut he wanted, it's difficult but if a director is passionate enough about their art, they'll defend it to the hilt.

That said, he does get a tough break whenever a new movie of his is announced, and the imdb boards are full of hate, ah well.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thats because he uses that same excuse everytime. Maybe he should grow some balls and tell the stuidio execs that it's his way or the highway (and hopefully they will sack him and get someone else in for his next project :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom