just upgraded to radeon 9800 and....

Easdown

Fledgling Freddie
well whenever im playing daoc and i alt-tab out to check a website or something i come back and its really laggy like every other second the game just freezes for a second, this goes on for about 4 mins then goes back to normal, this doesnt happen every time i alt tab out tho, wierd, anyone have a remedy for this.

also another prob since i installed the card my moniter has gone wierd, say i was looking at it and my background was white, this is what it would look like:

wierdscreen.jpg

thats the best way i know to describe it, anyone know a remedy for this?

thx in advance

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds wierd...
But for starters, you got all latest drivers installed blah blah etc?
And can't you ajust the monitor with the controls on the monitor? Try looking in the software that came with the card.

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Get the latest drivers for your graphics card from www.ati.com

Install the latest version of DirectX (You can find it at www.microsoft.com)

That might fix both of the problems if you are lucky.

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
The effect on your screen is known as Pincushion. It should be adjustable using the On Screen Display of your monitor. Look for a setting called Geometry.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
What was your old card? when changing from nvidia to ATi its best to format. ATi cards are really fussy.

Funkybunny

Banned
no no no.. not fuzzy... just... cozy. :) ati has small things that you have to learn to love.. and a ati card do need love... if you have 9800pro xt or XT version of the 9800 card download the latest driver.. if not i would reccommend an earlier driver... but no ati cards are alike, so you should test different drivers to see what you like the best... i like 3.4 its stabile, gives me the best result, but this vary from card to card... imo the two best driver-versions are 3.4 and 3.7 so i would reccomend you give these two a go first... you can find every driver on www.guru3d.com

congratz on yer ati card btw :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i have a radeon 9800 pro
and i run the latest catalyst drivers off the ati website, with direct x 9 (courtesy of need for speed underground).
Have no problems with most games, is very laggy when swiching between games but i think thats windows xp giving more of the rescources to the active window than the hardware.
The only game i cant run is Unreal Tornament, brings up a general protection error which i havent been able to fix watever i tried. Eventually got sick of it and gave it back :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom