Film just saw...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Alien versus Predator 2....

and the only thing that even comes close to what i felt throughout the entire movie is.......

:eek7:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
love when that girl gets hit by the boomerang style blade

Helme

Resident Freddy
Bad action movies taking itself seriously are pro :)

What is better however is the genre they spawn, action movies who know they are bad and makes it a big joke(ie. Crank & Shoot em' Up).

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Swimsuit scene is good, and I laughed so hard when she got hit by that blade, not a lot of people understood that in the cinema :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i saw the trailer and that made me feel ill tbh. not sure i like the way modern horror films are gong imo its not about grossing you out and making you hide behind your hands with your fingers open a little, these days it just seems the aim is to traumatise the viewer (28 weeks later left me feeling sick and empty...though emotonally, not because i'd actually been sick).

and imo the alien/predator movies were action not horror, they seem to have lost the action and just gone for all out horror now.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The original Aliens movie were very little action and very much dramatic horror buildup. Predator on the other hand... yeah that was action just like the new AvP movies, theres so very little that is scary in them, this coming from the guy who hasn't watched 28 days/weeks later because I really don't like horror movies :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
now 28 days later has horror elements but it is actually a bloody fantastic story about humanity, there are some beautiful scenes in it and i recommend it to everyone even if you dont like horrors because i dont think it really is a horror. the characters are deep and you get to know then and the script is great, its just flipping excellant.

28 weeks later is a disgusting attempt to cash in with CGI and buckets of guts everywhere, the characters are 2 dimentional and the plot is like something from an 80s arcade video game.

never put the 2 movies together they are worlds apart!!!

*smites 28 weeks later*

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You really should see 28 days later, I wouldn't really call it a horror film in the shock factor sense of the word. One of the best films ever made. Can't say I liked 28 weeks later though it was a bit to Americanised.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The thing I don't like with horror movies is the 3 hour buildup, im pretty much the same to most thrillers, my favourite genre is probably comedy, or bad movies trying so hard to be good.

Takes alot to get me grossed out/even jumpy - maybe because I can't really immerse myself properly in a movie(I'm in 9/10 cases doing something else at the same time, unless its a spectular movie).

Laddey

FH is my second home
Bad action movies taking itself seriously are pro :)

What is better however is the genre they spawn, action movies who know they are bad and makes it a big joke(ie. Crank & Shoot em' Up).

Cranks a good film, fast paced action all through it but its just fucking plain daft.

Shoot em' up is so far fetched its unreal, he gets shot like 9000000000000000000000000000000000 times and not one hits!

AVP2 was a pile of shite

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
why directors insist on having a human element in any avp film is beyond me, people just want to see the alien and predator slug it out, f*ck the humans imo

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
why directors insist on having a human element in any avp film is beyond me, people just want to see the alien and predator slug it out, f*ck the humans imo

Yeah

Helme

Resident Freddy
Cranks a good film, fast paced action all through it but its just fucking plain daft.

Shoot em' up is so far fetched its unreal, he gets shot like 9000000000000000000000000000000000 times and not one hits!

AVP2 was a pile of shite

The point of both Crank & Shoot em' up is that they are totally unbelievable. They are basically taking the piss out of movies like Die Hard who are so over the top its silly, but still think they are 'serious'.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah leave off die hard or ill have to put on me vest and kick your arse with some duct tape and a computer chair!

shoot em up was bleedin brilliant tbh more fun films like that pls!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it was better then the first one in my opinion, more towards old predator films, with a bit of Aliens 2 in it.

Just perfect action flic really, with not too much "to think about" and enough of "f*ck pc, we kill every f*cker!"

In it's genre, 4/5.

Helme

Resident Freddy
yeah leave off die hard or ill have to put on me vest and kick your arse with some duct tape and a computer chair!

shoot em up was bleedin brilliant tbh more fun films like that pls!

Have nothing against Die Hard, but even then they are perfect to take the piss out of. Especially nr4, killing a helicopter with a car? seriously, not even the low budget super hero flicks attempts that.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
its great fun, thats what i love about movies like that you take yur brain out and leave it by the door. theres nothing to upset you or make you think about what a terrible state the world is in atm, nothing to make you think of any thing! just guns a-blazin and people swearing a lot and calling bullet wounds "just a scratch"

if they were realistic then as soon as the hero stubbed his toe that'd be the first 30 mins of the film waisted while he cursed and cried and spent most of the time looking for a plaster going "owowowowow owie ow ow!"

reality is ok in small doses but if theres another option then i'll take that to go pls.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Die Hards do get sillier as the series progresses, like Lethal Weapon. But what else ya gonna do ? You got to take advantage of as much FX and cookie cutter action scenes as possible to draw in the action freaks.

If you're so anti-Die Hard, what would you prefer to see ? This ?:

Scene 1. Mclean is at his desk filing reports.
Scene 2. Mclean makes a cup of coffee
Scene 3. Mclean buys his lunch
Scene 4. Mclean files form 5783-A
Scene 5. Mclean files form 5783-B in duplicate ! Close up on the carbon copy for maximum action !

FASCINATING !

You want to watch safe no-fun movies, go and see some German art house film set in a deserted fishing village in eastern Vladivostok in the 17th century

georgie

FH is my second home
Scene 1. Mclean is at his desk filing reports.
Scene 2. Mclean makes a cup of coffee
Scene 3. Mclean buys his lunch
Scene 4. Mclean files form 5783-A
Scene 5. Mclean files form 5783-B in duplicate ! Close up on the carbon copy for maximum action !

C_71_article_1019110_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Don McLean?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No. Don always hated filing paperwork

[attempting to fill in his tax return form]
Bernard: "What is your mother's maiden name?" What's her first name? I just knew her as "Ma"! That'll have to do.
[writing on the form]
Bernard: 'Ma. Possibly deceased'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom